Having lag issues?

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The lag, is just absolutely horrid. What kind of change did you guys make at the end of thursday to screw over the entire weekend? Are we going to get this fixed or just no luck this weekend for the new content? I really don’t enjoy standing there not touching/doing anything for a minute then stepping forward and warping around and dying. It’s just infuriating.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

No lag for me.

/15 char

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I didn’t notice anything either and my internet is nothing special.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I have lag… not in the story/instance part, but in dry top it’s unplayable.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Jerus.4350

Someone was saying it’s for maps with the ip starting with 64, but I haven’t had any luck getting into lag free maps. And I thought maybe it was just me but everyone in the zone is reporting lag as well. And it’s not just normal little bit of choppiness, I’m talking actions finally going through a good 30s after you initiate them. It’s unbearable.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The lag, is just absolutely horrid. What kind of change did you guys make at the end of thursday to screw over the entire weekend?

The end of Thursday was the start of the 4th of July.

Maybe someone spilled celebratory beer (totally different from regular beer) on a server during an office party.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

I’ve yet to have any lag or frame rate issues in this zone.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Jerus.4350

curious those not having issues, are you EU? care to do /ip and report what they are. Very likely it’s some servers are having issues so it’kitten and miss from the sounds of it. I’ve had no luck the past ~24 hours.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’m in US and have no lag or fps problem

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Jerus.4350

I’m in US and have no lag or fps problem

IP on the map?

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It’s utterly unplayable for me in Dry Top, a lot of other users were having the same trouble yet others were having none at all.

I’m an EU player (though on NA servers)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

Same here, experiencing terrible lag in dry top. Even map chat is lagging…

How am i ever going to finish this living story 2 if i can’t even play with this laggy map

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I do not understand the point of a post like this. Is it a “haha” post or are you trying to call everyone complaining of lag liars or something? It’s not even helpful without any additional info like what world you are on or what times of day are you playing. Just saying," Nope no lag here" isn’t very helpful.

And yes, some shards are horrid. It’s funny that the past hour I’ve been running two accounts in the house on separate shards for Jade Quarry. One shard isn’t playable while the other was not lag free but a bit better. Whomever is Anet’s hosting, they are having serious server/connection issues.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I haven’t lagged at all since its release until today.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Last night I did notice that anytime I used an aspect crystal there was a “hitch” in the animation…nothing really major, but noticeable. Could that be part of this?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Last night I did notice that anytime I used an aspect crystal there was a “hitch” in the animation…nothing really major, but noticeable. Could that be part of this?

Unlikely. The lag we’re experienced is similar to 5k+ latency. The game stalling for long periods, everyone rubber banding to a new location, and then another pause for 5 or 6 seconds before your skills activate and everything updates position.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I’ve had some unplayable server lag in the game yesterday as well, but it seemed to stop upon changing to a different map. Something seems wrong on ArenaNet’s end with some of the servers.

Edit: EU.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: joshueTM.5294

joshueTM.5294

Yeah I’ve been lagging in drytop for the past 12 hours already. I played last night and I gave up because of the lag and this morning is the same.

What upsets me though is no one here in Anet is trying to tell us why.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

i doubt it? the map is not coded/optimized properly because every other map/game mode is fine except for dry top!

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Dry Top has been unplayable for me all day yesterday and today, same for my friends, as soon as you zone into it, its instant lag fest, skills take over 30 seconds to respond, its horrible, time of day does not seem to matter either, as soon as I map out of the zone the game runs as normal,

It doesn’t matter which character I take in there, its the same problem, seems that all guild mates are also getting the same issue.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

I came to this thread to see what it was about. I decided to log in and go to Dry Top for a test. Well, there does seem to be a problem. I’ve had zero lag until today. I have not had any frame rate issues or lag issues with this game other the marionette which I just had to adjust my settings to fix. I know there have been people saying that they can’t play this zone since it dropped on Tuesday, but I had no issues until today, so there is something wrong.

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

(edited by Nebulis.8973)

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I do not understand the point of a post like this. Is it a “haha” post or are you trying to call everyone complaining of lag liars or something? It’s not even helpful without any additional info like what world you are on or what times of day are you playing. Just saying," Nope no lag here" isn’t very helpful.

And yes, some shards are horrid. It’s funny that the past hour I’ve been running two accounts in the house on separate shards for Jade Quarry. One shard isn’t playable while the other was not lag free but a bit better. Whomever is Anet’s hosting, they are having serious server/connection issues.

I don’t think this was the intent but rather to say that the lag issue is not effecting everyone. I’m not having lag either but it may be a good idea to start a new thread for those that are lagging so that Anet can gather data on. The post should contain your system specs, ISP, how you connect to the internet wired(a cable connect to the back of your PC) or wireless(WiFi), your location (country, state and city), the ip of the server you are on, and a ping path or trace rout log, if you know how to correctly do one. There could be so many reason why some people are getting lag and some are not.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Well, if you get on the wrong map, it seems that everyone on that map is lagging.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I just logged into the map, first time since wed, and wow the lag in there is worse than the lag in stonemist castle ever was. A good 10-15 secs of everything just pausing on the screen. And yes everyone in my map was experiencing the lag.
64.25.38.227 is the map ip.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Alright, logged in and once again also having unplayable lag, along with everyone else in map chat.

Please fix.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I have lag… not in the story/instance part, but in dry top it’s unplayable.

Same here, if it helps pin down why I use Comcast as my provider. I trigger an aspect skill and wait then it goes off. Kinda funny sometimes. I hit assisted leap and nothing so I move around then it goes off lol

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Found the same. Dry Top virtually unplayable. Noticed it last night.

/IP shows IP address: 64.25.33.44:0

ANet needs to pull the various posts on this together.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

And players need to start bug reporting if they haven’t – remember, that will draw attention faster than posting to the forums.

If they’re anything like the shops where I’ve worked, there’s minimal manning on the weekends for forum moderation; but there’s likely a threshold set on bug reports that once exceeded, will prompt investigation.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

Wouldn’t call it a sick joke, but I do hope they fix it.

First time I had lag in my years of playing GW2!

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Had no lag until this morning, and Dry Top was absolutely unplayable. /bugged it…

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Something seems to have messed up somewhere. I had massive lag as well and when I asked map chat about it everyone who replied said they were getting the same. It got to the point where it was unplayable (3 second delay in skill activation). Fortunately it’s only dry top.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

I also bugged it right now.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Swag Captain.5318

Swag Captain.5318

Only lag I get is my own from having terrible internets. CURSE YOU TERRIBLE INTERNETS!

SCIENCE!

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of the lag issue and that people are working on it. It’s possible that one of the sandstorms got a few geodes lodged in the servers , but they will find out and fix it as soon as possible. Hang in there with us, and thanks for being patient!

that’s from anet ^

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Kell.9365

Kell.9365

Same here! Unbearable lag making the game impossible to play.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Hot fix patch last night. This problem should now be fixed.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Jerus.4350

Hot fix patch last night. This problem should now be fixed.

That’ what it seems like, YAY

Thank you Anet for getting this fixed ASAP, appreciate it.

Having lag issues?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s not completely fixed. Most of the time it’s OK, but it seems there are one or two maps that are still having absolutely atrocious lag.