Healing of Orr (just for fun) Season 3

in Living World

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

While reading the general discussion forums someone posted a topic about moving forward in GW2 and giving an idea about the rebuilding of Orr. They suggested since GW2 has a living story to show how Orr was rebuilding because Zhaitan was defeated and maybe showing that in a new season. Well I LOVED the idea and started thinking of stories to show how Orr would rebuild. In that post I gave a few ideas but I still feel the creative juices flowing so decided to start a new post with a little more detail. There are issues with this because new players still have to experience the story but maybe there is a way around this by adding a new zone in the southern part of Orr and since LS are going to be permanent from now on (I think) maybe this can be done.

Thinking of a good way to show how Orr would rebuild while still keeping with the lore of GW2 I thought it would be nice to focus around trying to call back the gods. A new city was built in southern Orr to try and heal the island. The citizens wanting to reconnect with their fallen gods build a new temple to call on them and rebuild their kingdom. Trying to find a way to call back their gods this city becomes obsessed and follow ANY means to get what they want. Since they stopped thinking logically and were only focused on their obsession they start a ritual but it ends with unforeseen consequences.

The ritual calls unwanted creatures (ideas?) who’s only intentions are to destroy. The city realizing their mistakes feel guilty and vow to defend all of Tyria and stop the spread of the creatures (ideas!). Since southern Orr borders the Unending Ocean it would be a great way to introduce the Largos maybe making a small outpost? They are affected by these creatures (help! Ideas!) and are also in the fight to stop them from spreading.

Like it? Don’t like it? If anyone has anything to add on or maybe want to throw ideas out there just for fun FEEL FREE! I made this topic to have some fun with the living story and get creative juices flowing!

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I love it I’d love to see some kind of progress in Orr, it seems to have got stuck with all the work being done there just going round and round in circles. I know technically you could say that about almost zone in Tyria, but I really would love to see some signs of regeneration appearing in Orr. Story-wise, lore-wise, it seems to have got a bit neglected.

I like your ideas OP, I hope people will post some more, it makes for very enjoyable reading

in Living World

Zoso.8279

Thank you! I had a lot of fun thinking (day dreaming) and writing about it! Hope more people join in on the conversation because its a fun topic and fun way to see how the world breaths.

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Stop that drooling…….
creative and meaningful gaming in GW2??
You guys are nuts…….. we are told to like the button #2 spam fests.
Please don’t let creativity and fun get in our way here

in Living World

Zoso.8279

Actually I agree with most things A-Net developers have been doing. But thanks for the sarcasm and opinion it was fun to read!

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

This would be awesome!

But it would have to be done in instances. Otherwise newer players finishing up their PS would be super confused, and none of the events would make any sense at all. But from purely a story stand point, I think there could be some really cool things that could be done with the cleansing of Orr. The Priory would more then likely be at the forefront as far as the rituals go, and the calling of the gods. But having the summoning not go quite as expected resulting in a return of the Mursaat, or something could be really cool.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Zoso.8279

This would be awesome!

But it would have to be done in instances. Otherwise newer players finishing up their PS would be super confused, and none of the events would make any sense at all. But from purely a story stand point, I think there could be some really cool things that could be done with the cleansing of Orr. The Priory would more then likely be at the forefront as far as the rituals go, and the calling of the gods. But having the summoning not go quite as expected resulting in a return of the Mursaat, or something could be really cool.

Maybe if the zone was created in southern Orr to the right of Cursed Shore new players won’t get to it until they get to at least Cursed Shore because that will be the only zone bordering the area. So will be the only point of entrance. That way we can have a new permanent area for people to explore and play in. YES! the Mursaat! Would be a great way to get veteran players of GW to relive some golden years and new players to GW will get to know the history and the lore of the GW universe.

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

This would be awesome!

Maybe if the zone was created in southern Orr to the right of Cursed Shore new players won’t get to it until they get to at least Cursed Shore because that will be the only zone bordering the area. So will be the only point of entrance. That way we can have a new permanent area for people to explore and play in. YES! the Mursaat! Would be a great way to get veteran players of GW to relive some golden years and new players to GW will get to know the history and the lore of the GW universe.

There is another possibility (though how popular it would be is… questionable…)
Have the new zone only be accessible to those who have completed Arah Story. That way, new players will have to see the fall of Zhaitan before being able to see the new zone…
Not sure how viable that idea is though, since the general feel of the game is, you can go anywhere regardless of anything else… But, it’s just an idea to toss out there.

As for your OP… I’d personally love to see something along these lines. Some kind of restoration being worked on in Orr would be great to see.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Living World

Zoso.8279

This would be awesome!

There is another possibility (though how popular it would be is… questionable…)
Have the new zone only be accessible to those who have completed Arah Story. That way, new players will have to see the fall of Zhaitan before being able to see the new zone…
Not sure how viable that idea is though, since the general feel of the game is, you can go anywhere regardless of anything else… But, it’s just an idea to toss out there.

As for your OP… I’d personally love to see something along these lines. Some kind of restoration being worked on in Orr would be great to see.

This topic is all about throwing out ideas. Thanks for the post!

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: tatwin.1689

tatwin.1689

Well they had no trouble destroying Fort Concordia, and that messes up PS for new players so a healing of Orr is really does not seem like that much of an issue tbh.

in Living World

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

Maybe “The Monsters” that are attracted could be from the Underworld? The Shadow Behemoth and other UW mobs look amazing so I’m still hoping they’ll come into play more in the future. Or minions of both Dhuum and Menzies…. Oh god I’m making myself want this so badly

in Living World

Posted by: Dragoon.5647

Dragoon.5647

I was hoping at some point we would be able to visit where Zhaitan fell. Doing an autopsy/postmortem investigation on the Elder Dragon we did kill already to give us some insight into the dangers we have going forward could fit easily into the current story. Although not sure if anything is left after 2 years of letting Zhaitan rot at the bottom of whatever canyon he fell into.

in Living World

Zoso.8279

Yeah I feel that in two years some of that rebuilding Trahearne was talking about in the end of the PS could be seen in LS

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I just love this idea!

See Orr evolve revive. See the fort pact improved, maybe see a multiracial city take shape?
or vegetation back with the help of sylvari.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Living World

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Doesnt work with the narrative;

What we really need is more:

-Kasmeer/Marjory moments
-Braham mother issues
-Rox Rytlock issues
-Taimi being Taimi

-Councillor Phlunt tripping over his robes.

in Living World

Zoso.8279

-Kasmeer/Marjory moments
-Braham mother issues
-Rox Rytlock issues
-Taimi being Taimi

I’m 80% sure you were being sarcastic but not 100% lol but yeah I hope this can be a direction they can think about going and please more throw out ideas! This is an idea topic more then anything else (about LS why I posted here)

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

ideas? easy, mobs from the underworld LIKE DHUUM!!! TA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

in Living World

Zoso.8279

ideas? easy, mobs from the underworld LIKE DHUUM!!! TA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

X.X no comment….

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

heres how i would want it to go down

*mordremoth gets a hold of whatever item the zephyrite leader has, gets more powerful and spreads its vines all throughout the depths of tyria

*primordus is forced to retreat

*fort trinity gets expanded and becomes a city

*large areas of zhaitans corruption are cleared up, and there are much smaller pockets of risen

• all of a sudden large amounts of destroyer mobs move in and we find out that primordus has moved to the ring of fire
Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Living World

Posted by: Phineas Drayke.6381

Phineas Drayke.6381

This is a suggestion I posted a long time ago. Just leaving this here, cause I would totaly like an event to cleanse Orr.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/A-living-W-orr-ld/first#post3196459

(edited by Phineas Drayke.6381)

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Maybe “The Monsters” that are attracted could be from the Underworld? The Shadow Behemoth and other UW mobs look amazing so I’m still hoping they’ll come into play more in the future. Or minions of both Dhuum and Menzies…. Oh god I’m making myself want this so badly

Indeed, there’s lots of possibilities an attempt to call on the gods could backfire and call on soemthing horrible. UW monsters are one possibility that’s already in the game. Then there’s actual minions of Dhuum and Menzies. Punching a hole into the wrong place of the Mists could also allow Nightfallesque demons to flood through, or even surviving titans and margonites from Kormir’s realm. And then there’s the possibility that the realms of Dwayna, Lyssa and Melandru have also destabilised, and/or that part of the reason for the silence of the gods is that they’re busy fighting something else in the Mists…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

-Kasmeer/Marjory moments
-Braham mother issues
-Rox Rytlock issues
-Taimi being Taimi

With the exception of the Phlunt tripping, you’re being sarcastic. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. KasMar needs to shut the hell up and stop interrupting game play with their forced dialog. Brahm and Eir need to stop acting like the other is coming on to them subliminally. That forced flattery was horrible. Rox needs to keep Brahm in check to stop him from being so awkward around his own mother, like a decent girlfriend does. Taimi needs to stop being the damsel in distress before it becomes a trend.

But Phlunt faceplanting… yes please.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

in Living World

Zoso.8279

heres how i would want it to go down

*mordremoth gets a hold of whatever item the zephyrite leader has, gets more powerful and spreads its vines all throughout the depths of tyria

*primordus is forced to retreat

*fort trinity gets expanded and becomes a city

*large areas of zhaitans corruption are cleared up, and there are much smaller pockets of risen

• all of a sudden large amounts of destroyer mobs move in and we find out that primordus has moved to the ring of fire

^ +1 great direction to move the game. Opens up the map and is story driven (good story btw).

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Zoso.8279

-Kasmeer/Marjory moments
-Braham mother issues
-Rox Rytlock issues
-Taimi being Taimi

With the exception of the Phlunt tripping, you’re being sarcastic. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. KasMar needs to shut the hell up and stop interrupting game play with their forced dialog. Brahm and Eir need to stop acting like the other is coming on to them subliminally. That forced flattery was horrible. Rox needs to keep Brahm in check to stop him from being so awkward around his own mother, like a decent girlfriend does. Taimi needs to stop being the damsel in distress before it becomes a trend.

But Phlunt faceplanting… yes please.

+1 please! lol I hope A-Net is listening :P

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Zoso.8279

I just love this idea!

See Orr evolve revive. See the fort pact improved, maybe see a multiracial city take shape?
or vegetation back with the help of sylvari.

Maybe we get a new lions arch. Then we can leave lions arch as is and will be a “veteran” experience to GW2. The story moves on to make new “veteran” experiences. I’d at least always reminisce about lions arch and some GW1 stories. Truly a living and breathing MMO.

Off topic but I also hope LWS1 becomes replayable I missed all of that! I’m not a veteran player if I can’t play that!

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)