Hello? Orders?

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Did they resign after the death of zhaitan.. or did the staff just forget they exist??

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just before the end of the latest story arc we get a letter from Traherne letting us know The Pact (which is the 3 Orders combined) will be helping to fight Mordremoth and he will be attending the Summit as their representative.

In between? They’ve been clearing out Orr and fighting Jormag in Frostgorge Sound. Until Scarlet woke up Mordremoth they didn’t know she had anything to do with the dragons so they weren’t interested.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Nothing from Personal Story matters at all. Your race, Order, chosen Study Race or any of the decisions you made. None of it makes any difference to the story outside of the PS. You may as well forget it exists.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Nothing from Personal Story matters at all. Your race, Order, chosen Study Race or any of the decisions you made. None of it makes any difference to the story outside of the PS. You may as well forget it exists.

That is actually outright lying.
The race at least does effect dialogues quite a bit.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

To a very small bit, yes. But Taimi still treats my asura like she is a norn without any technical knowhow.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Orders have a nice big list of things they have to do.

Or did you forget the fact we have a PRIORY TEAM sent into Dry Top on order of Gixx?

Or how all three orders helped out with the Scarlet events?

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

To a very small bit, yes. But Taimi still treats my asura like she is a norn without any technical knowhow.

most asuras will treat other asuras like norn :\

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Ayakaru.6583

Orders have a nice big list of things they have to do.

Or did you forget the fact we have a PRIORY TEAM sent into Dry Top on order of Gixx?

Or how all three orders helped out with the Scarlet events?

Actually, yes I have, I played every living story until now and I never heard a mention of a priory team in Dry Top. Nor have I encountered them until now.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

… Seriously? They’re the most chatty NPCs in the whole of the map. XD They were sitting next to Prosperity Waypoint during Gates of Maguuma. They’re currently now at the centaur camp waypoint. 2 humans and a hylek. Go check them out.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Ya what Zax said the 3 Priory members have been there since the Mordremoth Arc began. They currently will serve as the go to and 101 lore people of the Maguuma Areas being that for each new Maguuma area released they will be relocated to the new area while providing lores of that new area. They currently serving as Minor Characters for the storyline now since they’re just thre to map out the Maguuma Area.

If you stick around them enough you can hear them talking to each other about their personal issues, things they discovered during their expedition, and just some funny chats sometimes.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

No it’s not.

I didn’t join the Vigil so I could be told in passing that I’m in the Vigil.

The dialogue occasionally references PS events but none of them actually matter.

One example from the latest release is the audience with the Pale Tree. To acquire an audience with the Pale Tree, the story doesn’t have sylvari PCs contact her, it doesn’t use your connection to Caithe or Trahearne to contact her, it doesn’t even use that time you spoke to her in person with Trahearne. It gets Kasmeer of all people (who has never had anything to do with the Pale Tree) to use her mesmer sue status to send her a letter. This actually highlights a flaw in the biconic design – no sylvari NPC seriously hinders the story when it comes to sylvari issues (we saw this before when the suggestion Aerin is a Soundless was being made – it felt unnatural coming from non-sylvari PCs).

To point out exactly how bizarre that premise is, when you are in the instance with the Pale Tree, both the Warden and the Pale Tree recognise you for your actions, but none of your actions actually matter when it comes to gaining the audience. This same trend is repeated for each racial leader via the other characters. If you look through most of the Living Story you can see this same thing happening across the board.

Throwing in token text that references past events is not adequate. We are Vigil members, we are Pact members, we are accomplished heroes in Tyria with far reaching relationships with people of influence. Our role in the story absolutely should not be one degree of separation from the biconics – that’s throwing away our complex histories as if they don’t matter, which feels even worse when those histories are most relevant to the story.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Ayakaru.6583

Ya what Zax said the 3 Priory members have been there since the Mordremoth Arc began. They currently will serve as the go to and 101 lore people of the Maguuma Areas being that for each new Maguuma area released they will be relocated to the new area while providing lores of that new area. They currently serving as Minor Characters for the storyline now since they’re just thre to map out the Maguuma Area.

If you stick around them enough you can hear them talking to each other about their personal issues, things they discovered during their expedition, and just some funny chats sometimes.

Oh, you mean those three who are hidden between the rocks. I did see them, but didn’t they were priory xD
Guess I don’t pay enough attention to NPC’s not in the story

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

ANet could consider giving us daily / weekly missions from our order. I recall something along those lines from factions like the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion (and I think Skyrim as well).

Doesn’t matter that they’d be minor errands and repeating from a limited list, at least you’d feel like you were doing something.

For that matter, I’d like to see something along those lines outside the orders as well. It’s like Tribune Desertgrave has forgotten I exist.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

They failed at so many fronts: we could do dailies from them, get special PvE only tracking titles with skills or other abilities (like the EOTM titles in GW1). But it seems there is no intent to further develop deeper game design. It’s just always the same gameplay since beta…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

About those three Priory members: I am not sure if they explicitly state their affiliation, but their title, “Explorer”, is a Priory rank – and they name-drop Steward Gixx as the one who send them out.

And yes. There were Order representatives from all three Pact Orders during the Battle for Lion’s Arch segment, and the Orders also oversaw the refugee camps from Escape from LA (or did you think it was coincidence that put them close to each order HQ?).

They have not been formally called together under the Pact at that time (while they are allied under that label, they are still three independent Orders with their own business to take care of), but Trahearne’s letter indicates that they will come to meet this threat.

Hello? Orders?

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

People don’t understand that the orders and Pact, technically, are separate.

The Pact is formed of, well basically a division of each order which works united. The rest of the order does their own thing under their own leadership.

However, at the same time if Gixx and the Priory make a MAJOR break through regarding the dragons, it’ll get shared with the Pact.