Home Instance Rewards

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I am liking this trend towards home instance meta achievement rewards.

It gives the home instance a better use and essentially provides a kind of trophy for past accomplishments. Much better than Arena Net’s past tendency to give us excessive amounts of backpacks

Good work, I look forward to seeing more rewards like this.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

Its great, but still too bad if you cant play when you can get the achievements…

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I am liking this trend towards home instance meta achievement rewards.

It gives the home instance a better use and essentially provides a kind of trophy for past accomplishments. Much better than Arena Net’s past tendency to give us excessive amounts of backpacks

Good work, I look forward to seeing more rewards like this.

I was ecstatic i was going to get a massive kittening shard in my Home Instance xD, that alone is enough to make me excited for this patch and where these Home Instance Rewards are going…. now if only i could get a Backpack Rack for my home instance to display the horde of backpacks i have…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Its great, but still too bad if you cant play when you can get the achievements…

Mark my words, after a year from now they’ll probably offer up those nodes as gem store purchases so folks can get caught up.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Aedelric.1287

I understand, but that is the point of a unique reward, to show you were present and put the effort in to attain the achievement.

It would not be a good trophy or achievement if all you have to do was log on for five minutes.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m also really enjoying the trend of home instance rewards. They don’t take up inventory space, they provide a reason to return to my home instance, they serve a materially valuable function, and they make for a great “trophy case.”

“You can only get them during the window” is something of a drag if you miss it, of course, but that’s going to be a challenge with any temporary content, not just home instance nodes, so I’m not concerned about it. These rewards are good enough to be interesting and compelling, but if you miss them, so far they haven’t been anything you’re going to feel at a major disadvantage for.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

The idea of such rewards is 10\10. But what we have as rewards is quite woefully

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I understand, but that is the point of a unique reward, to show you were present and put the effort in to attain the achievement.

It would not be a good trophy or achievement if all you have to do was log on for five minutes.

I get on for like 30min -1hr a day and can get em, so It’s really not even an issue, it’s more of a “can you play during those 2 weeks” that’s the issue.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Aedelric.1287

Perhaps, but this topic is not really about that issue.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I love any steps towards player housing, no matter how small.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m loving the fact that the Obelisk Shard means that I won’t have to leave my Home Instance anymore to charge Quartz.

However, I am a bit worried that down the track, this might mean that a veteran player has a Home Instance full of sweet loot and other goodies, while a new player has a completely bare Home Instance and they can never, ever get their hands on what the older players have. I’ve always supported newer players being able to catch up to older players with time and dedication, and if all these latest rewards are only available if you were “there at the time”, it really runs the risk of creating a gulf between the haves and have-nots, something that I think most of us play games to get AWAY from.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Little Old Lady.3742

Little Old Lady.3742

Home instance is being fixed?

So with the new Krait Obelisk Shard as a place of power, and the last two home instance nodes, the home instance is getting a lot more attention. Anet has talked about our home instance as being something important since way before launch. I imagine like many plays we only go in there to gather our nodes. There is nothing to do there. I am sure the “fix the home instance” thread is somewhere on the forum but now we can see more of the Anet plan. The basic question is what will make the home instance more than nodes and some NPCs? What will improve the “HI” and what are some of the possible problems with suggested changes? Ill start with my final vision of what the HI should look like. Then look at the issues that might be caused by that type of HI.
A cross between the hall of monuments the menagerie and the current HI would not mind hanging out with guildies. The Scrying pool in the hall of monuments in GW1 is a great idea. I want to go back and relive some of my personal story. At the moment I am doing the story on my alts and get to see some of the different choices, but I have enough alts to also redo some of my main characters stories. What happens when all of my alts are done. I have to piggyback on another player’s story. That is good for playing with others but choosing a story mission you both like might be better. People might choose the shortest story mission to do to get credit for the daily, but there are other dailies that would be faster than a personal story. It would make the personal story kind of like unlocking a dungeon at a certain level and make them replayable. It would also make the path you selected more important since you could only replay your own personal story from your HI. A big reason to do alts is to see the other story paths so inviting people to replay your stories on your alts would be cooperative.
As a ranger the menagerie in GW1 was a great place to run around. I would love to go home and see all my pets just walking down the street. Or the spiders hiding on the second floor of the big nose teds mission. And if any dev reads this please for the millionth time. Charmable pet rabbit please! You might say it would just make ranger pet charming too easy if new ranger just went into an instance and charmed all the pets, then just don’t make the pets charmable. It would also be a great place to store your unlocked skins. If you had to go to your HI to take out your town clothes. I have baseball caps horns witches hats just taking up space. It would be kind of like the festival hat vendor. You pay a little to remake the holiday helm but you can destroy it if you like. A few silver would totally be worth paying for that convenience.
Add stuff to do in the home instance. The NPCs I get from my personal story just hang out in the same spot all the time. Maybe they could have a house to go to. We could play belchers bluff at the bar, have the golem mini game, Mini pet battle arena like in LA. A timed jumping puzzle around the roof tops like the torch run. The Jumping puzzle would requires 5 new puzzles, one for each race, but if they make it like a guild rush obstacle course with just markers it might be easier to implement. Only a cooking station just for entertaining. The other stations will still be outside. The Vabbi run around drunk steal drink then kill harpies was a great mission. Polymock.
The adding place of power to charge the crystals in your home instance is ok, especially if they add another crafting item that needs to be charged to be used. Charged loadstones? 25 loadstones then take them to a place of power. But not the same one twice. So you would still have to run around the world charging stuff. They would just have to add the uncharged loadstones.
Adding a TP, bank, guild bank or other crafting might be too much. Then why go out into the city. Adding an asura gate might be ok if it leads to the dominion of winds city. It would allow those who have access to the content behind the Tengu walls an easy way to move back and forth between campaigns. It would work like the ships do separating the people who only have one of the GW1 campaigns. Maybe also ask where you want to go, HoM, Dominion of Wind, Guild hall, like in GW1 Having an Asura gate to lion arch would be redundant.
I am hoping for the best. Adding a little at a time is better than adding too much and then having to remove some of it.

Little Old Lady, Sea of Sorrows, Robot Adventurers [RA], Tokyo Japan.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Chmod.4391

Chmod.4391

I like the idea of adding things to the home instance, but the current rewars fells a bit out of place here.

Maybe adding new NPC/new dialogues to existing NPC would be better.

Nakajima Itoe [TxS]

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

I love getting things for our home instances, the more the better!

I have a question —

The item is account bound when you get it, but you “open” it on a character.

I’ve opened both of mine on the same character to grow her home instance. My other characters don’t have anything in their instances, but I can take this character and go into any home instance, and she has the nodes there, no matter what land it is.

What happens if you want to delete that character? Anyone know?

Or do I have a bug, and all characters are supposed to have it but only in their own home instance?

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ve opened items as my Human and my Sylvari character used the nodes on a Asura Home Instance.

So I think its all account bound.
As for what happens when you delete a character, no idea, then again I’m always wary of deleting my characters. I like them too much.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

It’s funny, I was actually getting hyped for a Halloween backpack after all the other undesirable back packs they’ve given me.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I love me some backpacks.

I see no reason we can’t have both home instance rewards and back items. Both are great.

You know what should be converted to home-instance rewards? Marjory’s Journal and the Zephyr Sanctum Model. Get them out of my bank and into my Home, please.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

You know what should be converted to home-instance rewards? Marjory’s Journal and the Zephyr Sanctum Model. Get them out of my bank and into my Home, please.

This. Absolutely this.

I like having those things, but it’s not like I’m going to use them any more frequently than I already go to my home instance, so it’s not like I need them on me. They would add something else to do in my home instance when I do go there, and serve the “trophy case” functionality perfectly.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Aedelric.1287

I agree, especially with the Sanctum Model.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

I also like the home instance rewards, however what I would also like to see them do with the cosmetic rewards like the back pieces is put them all into the achievement panel with the Zenith weapon skins and such. I don’t like holding them in my bank, but I also don’t like the idea of using them and needing a gem item just to get them back after I’ve used them.

Home Instance Rewards

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m hoping they start shifting towards home instances being…transformable or shifting it from the home nations to certain areas if you desired. Maybe beach house, snowy lodge, jungle tree house, subterranean hovel, etc. Hell, give us a letter from the Lion’s Arch Council (and Kiel) stating that because you’ve done so much for Tyria, the council agreed to help fund you a house of your choosing at certain set locations around the world.

Plus give us the option to customize the place. It doesn’t have to be anything horribly big or mindboggling, but a few customizable things around the place to start with, and maybe even allowing certain personal story NPCs to live there or visit. I wouldn’t mind having my honorless gladium of a father live there with me, or having a visit from my warband.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald