Honest Opinions so far on season 2

in Living World

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

Perhaps I did hype myself up a bit too much, or have yet to fully understand the depth of this new content; although, I feel like the hype surrounding season 2 update was warranted. We were given little clues leading all the way up to the patch, and rumors of Tengu and new legendaries abounded within the community (of course I was skeptical, but then my mind started to wonder).

In any case, I logged on to play some pve content (something I rarely do as a level 80.) In all, the new content is pretty much your average world event to me—so far… The new map is great, but I feel the one thing bugging me is that this was a chance to smack us in the face with something big and obvious—not shroud everything to come in further drawn out mystery. To me, this would have been a great last season 1 event. I feel like I’m still waiting for something big—which i’m sure will happen.

Until then, I will work at Dry Top content.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: twoscoops.6913

twoscoops.6913

I’m quite disappointed with the release. Instead of starting out with a bang, they started out with a dud.

I was expecting new and exciting stuff – that Anet had learned from it’s LS 1 mistakes – but it’s just the same old type of boring group events. Nothing engaging gameplay-wise. I probably won’t be playing this game for too long anymore. I’m tired of doing the same dungeons/fractals for the 1000th time.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So you wanted everything to come out on day 1? The entire new map? An entirely new boss instance where we fight Mordremoth and finally kill him? And what then?

This is a story, and if you lay everything down on day 1, then there is no point

in Living World

twoscoops.6913

Not everything, no. I just wanted… something.

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

Here’s one. . . . “GW2 I need you to become the game you were always meant to be, not tomorrow, not next month…TODAY.”
~ Tywin Lannister

Self Is The Emblem All

(edited by Greyalis.2309)

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I’m decently happy over it. I wish there were some new skins, or something, but that was just hopeful wishing

the only thing i dislike is the aspects, ‘cause I can’t use them 90% of the time because of my internet.

I do agree that I’m still “waiting in anticipation” though. if every 2 weeks is like this, then yeah, I will be disappointed. but, this is just the start of the season, I doubt they would put their biggest guns first.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Living World

Vol.7601

Not everything, no. I just wanted… something.

Then please, divulge what you wanted specifically. We already know what is at the end (Mordremoth) and we know what happened at the start (another Sylvari destroyed the Zeph ships).

How we get from the start to the beginning if the journey that needs to be revealed in increments.

What fun is it if I go out and say that Glint’s baby is going to spawn in the next patch and help us defeat Mordremoth and sacrifice itself?

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

So you wanted everything to come out on day 1? The entire new map? An entirely new boss instance where we fight Mordremoth and finally kill him? And what then?

This is a story, and if you lay everything down on day 1, then there is no point

Yes! So what? We aren’t getting expansions any time soon. Instead of working forward to all this big stuff, why not just give it all to us now and work backwards from it? This would have made more of an impact. I can write a story for the rest of the year in a couple days. .

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I went through the new map and story last night, with a new guildie (we’re an rp-oriented guild). I went in with my main, a sylvari ranger of the durmand priori, who is the one that has experienced the first season.

I have to admit I was pretty impressed by what I experienced. I don’t think the first chapter was without flaws, but I think anet has finally got their mojo back and better things are ahead.

My main gripe with the living journal? it doesn’t give access to Season 1 chapters. that’s all.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Living World

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It was a bit too much listening to characters talk and jumping around figuring out mechanics versus fighting for me. The boss fight took entirely too long.

I suppose, I enjoy a good story (which this really was) so long as it isn’t a couple hour event. I would rather spend time in WvW personally.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

My main gripe with the living journal? it doesn’t give access to Season 1 chapters. that’s all.

From what I recall from the articles about the living journal season 1 stuff was going to be added at a later date.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Vol.7601

Yes! So what? We aren’t getting expansions any time soon. Instead of working forward to all this big stuff, why not just give it all to us now and work backwards from it? This would have made more of an impact. I can write a story for the rest of the year in a couple days. .

Let’s go back to Living Story Season 1. Would it make any sense for us to have Lion’s Arch destroyed on day 1, with the breachmaker still in the air and Scarlet mulling about? We would have so many questions. Who the heck is Scarlet? What are these robot things? Why is there a giant drill? That’s information overload, and there is no information as to what/who.

You release a dragon on day 1 of season 2, and you’re destroying all the potential content that you could have designed leading up to it. And then you have months, maybe even a year of downtime where nothing gets released. Go look at the past few months here and see how restless players were when we didn’t have any significant content updates.

in Living World

Posted by: ekimsfree.9406

ekimsfree.9406

I don’t think people understand what a “Story” is…

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

Let’s go back to Living Story Season 1. Would it make any sense for us to have Lion’s Arch destroyed on day 1, with the breachmaker still in the air and Scarlet mulling about? We would have so many questions. Who the heck is Scarlet? What are these robot things? Why is there a giant drill? That’s information overload, and there is no information as to what/who.

You release a dragon on day 1 of season 2, and you’re destroying all the potential content that you could have designed leading up to it. And then you have months, maybe even a year of downtime where nothing gets released. Go look at the past few months here and see how restless players were when we didn’t have any significant content updates.

Your points are valid, but are you really satisfied? Really? Look at Tequatle—boom out of nowhere—and if there was “content” leading up to it, players like me were oblivious. It didn’t matter though, Tequatle got me excited and was one of the best content patches to date IMHO as far as pve.

I feel like there is a sacrifice the game is making for the writers of the story and the living world aspects. Living world is great, but I would rather see real tangible major events within the game more frequently and build conjecture around it, rather than the other way around.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: Siren Aradia.5863

Siren Aradia.5863

You took the words right out of my mouth.

in Living World

Vol.7601

I think the leylines being activated explained Tequatl’s rising. But I think it wasn’t explained as well.

Nonetheless, I don’t see Tequatl as integral to the story, so having him reborn out of nowhere isn’t really an issue.

I think they just made a convenient story to address the revitalization of content.

in Living World

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

I went into S2 with a low opinion and low expectations. Can not say I was surprised by what I’ve seen.

They really need to dig themselves out of the hole of hell that was S1. Looks like they still have a long way to go.

1. complaint about this content is the necessary jumping puzzle elements. Something that has always been highly divisive in the community. Not open season 2 with a zone with a special spot for the jumping elements, but throw it in your face.

With the rocky start to S2, they really need to improve, or there may not be a community in support of S3.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in Living World

twoscoops.6913

The problem is that I don’t care about the “story”. To me, the Living Story is just the method by which new content is released. So when a supposedly large update comes along – it is the start of season 2 after all – and all I have to do is go from one green point to the next you can be sure I’ll be disappointed.

My version of good living “story” stuff is the fractal update or Tequatl i.e. somewhat challenging, new, repeatable content. Even if it has nothing to do with the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I went into S2 with a low opinion and low expectations. Can not say I was surprised by what I’ve seen.

They really need to dig themselves out of the hole of hell that was S1. Looks like they still have a long way to go.

1. complaint about this content is the necessary jumping puzzle elements. Something that has always been highly divisive in the community. Not open season 2 with a zone with a special spot for the jumping elements, but throw it in your face.

With the rocky start to S2, they really need to improve, or there may not be a community in support of S3.

S2 was not a rocky start at all, we got great story aspects along with a new zone to explore and hunt in for the next 2 weeks until the next piece of the story. You should change your ending that you will not be there for S3. You do not speak for the community do not try to.

in Living World

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

this game needs an expansion really really bad

this LS just doesnt do it…

in Living World

Zypher.7609

Just because you do not get the entire LS all in one go does not mean it will not add up to an expansion when it is finished. This game does not need an expansion ever, and I hope they stick to what they have said and will not do an expansion. Keep bringing the updates every two weeks and I will be a happy customer.

in Living World

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Just because you do not get the entire LS all in one go does not mean it will not add up to an expansion when it is finished. This game does not need an expansion ever, and I hope they stick to what they have said and will not do an expansion. Keep bringing the updates every two weeks and I will be a happy customer.

ive heard the same story when the first season started… didnt turn out that well tho

in Living World

Zypher.7609

ive heard the same story when the first season started… didnt turn out that well tho

I have enjoyed all their content they have put out, I did miss a couple episodes of S1 but am glad with S2 they are going the journal approach. So if I miss an episode I will be able to go back to it and complete it.

in Living World

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

15 char…………./

Attachments:

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

The problem is that I don’t care about the “story”. To me, the Living Story is just the method by which new content is released. So when a supposedly large update comes along – it is the start of season 2 after all – and all I have to do is go from one green point to the next you can be sure I’ll be disappointed.

My version of good living “story” stuff is the fractal update or Tequatl i.e. somewhat challenging, new, repeatable content. Even if it has nothing to do with the story.

I have to agree some with you. I feel like story is not GW2’s strongpoint, but more the awesome models, art and mechanics of it. I mean if you want a good story go play Skyrim, or ESO—I think the world is way more immersive. Now if you want beautiful game mechanics, skins, models and pretty colors that is where GW2 becomes a kitten game. Why not focus on this aspect. Story is important of course, but how many of us want to read a book and how many of us want skeksi new tengu bodies and skeksi new skins? We want to add stuff to our obsession of specialization and power mongering, not simply try to be immersed like we are playing skyrim.

Dont’ get me wrong—i’m not a hater and love GW2, and I like the way they did without all the cutscenes this time around within the stories—I like the chat bubbles in game better.

I feel like a lot of energy and excitement was diffused with this update—perhaps my fault for hyping it up so much. But I literally cannot believe that this is the extent of arenanets capabilities on such an occasion to be worthy. Meh maybe I’m just used to expansions—and this is what I really want.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Want your face smacked with something big and obvious? Well want no more, for here is the biggest and most obvious thing I’ve found! Mordremoth’s influence is far indeed.

Attachments:

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I like it. Great start to the LS2 story line. And it is just the start. I don’t want everything at once. There is plenty for me to do until the next chapter.

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

Want your face smacked with something big and obvious? Well want no more, for here is the biggest and most obvious thing I’ve found! Mordremoth’s influence is far indeed.

That is absolutely incredible. All joking aside, I would have preferred a giant Mordremoth boss dragon that was hard as hell to beat that we could play the rest of the year, drop new skins or legendaries.

To me, it’s all very too “omni-directional” puzzle stuff atm.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I’m very happy with the new content, so happy that I did almost all of it first evening, like sitting down with a new book and not noticing the hours passing.

My only gripe is that the story ran out, and that’s just a matter of me doing it all in one stretch. ANet can’t design content that lasts forever and is reasonable for non-obsessives like me. My wife probably will need a couple weeks to finish.

Story, good. Missions, good but not excellent. I did the whole thing with no cheats, but didn’t find it challenging. The use of Zephyrite jumping puzzles was annoying because I hate jumping puzzles. But that’s a matter of taste, and I got thru them. Screwed up the dive, probably won’t try it again.

Best update yet, and a good omen for the games future.

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I can write a story for the rest of the year in a couple days.

Can you deliver that story through an interactive medium including scripted and programmed actions and interactions, 3D character models, environments with lighting and detail, etc all in the span of a couple days? If so I’d love to play your game and see how it is.

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

Can you deliver that story through an interactive medium including scripted and programmed actions and interactions, 3D character models, environments with lighting and detail, etc all in the span of a couple days? If so I’d love to play your game and see how it is.

I can make dry top in a couple days yes. That was a response to" if we got too much content now what would we do the rest of the year?" How is that a valid argument? If we go from point A to point B all at once how would we ever get to point C?

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I personally was pleasantly surprised. The story was actually decent, the characters felt more coherent and the map looks awesome. The atmosphere it has is great.
Also the mobs in the story were actuallym ore interesting than you braindead autoattacking ennemies.
Also The fastest Moa of the west … fun they added a mechanic were CC is relevant again atleast.
Good start so far.
Shame they did not manage to implement Scarlet’s arc more like this before but what’s done is done now.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

in Living World

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I feel like the dialogue is a step up, which suggests a better storyline to come. I actually laughed out loud at the “great, I’m a unit of measurement” line, which is something that hasn’t happened to me in forever in a game.

I like the map, too. Its really well done. I almost feel like the aspects aren’t quite as fun to use here, but maybe that’s just familiarity talking. Anybody know when the next release is? They’re not still doing the 2 week thing, are they?

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

And delivery was the problem in Season 1. Season 2 I would say that delivery is not so much a problem any more. As a matter of fact I think the delivery in Season 2 is better then the delivery of the story in a lot of sections of Guild Wars 1.

I think that it is only going to get better there are a lot of unanswered questions that I now have.

Will Taimi’s curiosity get her corrupted like Scarlet. What will happen with the rest of the group what will happen with Taimi being left out of the action again. What is with the mind device.

I feel like a got a better grasp on the story now. The quality of said story is yet to be seen. After all we are just at the start of it. So far I am liking it however.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Living World

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

I always expected there to not be that much content during the first episode.
The only problem i really have with S2 (and S1) are the characters, the people you hang around with (Marjory, Kasmeer, Braham, Rox & Taimi), i really don’t feel emotionally invested in any of these people and its painful to hang around with them, i never really feel like im there.

mostly Marjory & Kasmeer makes me feel uncomfortable with their dialoque (and i have nothing against gay relationships, so its not that, its just their dialoque that feels really unnatural and way too romantic for a normal relationship in my opinion.. Its kinda like being the 3rd random guy in a room where the 2 others gets too close to each others and start kissing and such and you are like “uuuuuuhhmmm.. im still here” (or that could be just me))

Other than those two, the rest are just not very interesting. I would be more excited to solve problems with the Destiny’s Edge, mostly because ive read the books and can get emotionally invested in them.

Character problems aside, i did like the new area, though i wish it was bigger. The vertical nature of the map was also nice (i always loved the Labyrinthine Cliffs) though i wish there was more verticality that wouldn’t require you to look for the aspects all the time.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

in Living World

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I was hoping they’d throw a signpost in just for good measure! There should be at least one signpost in each season’s first episode to remind us of where we started.

in Living World

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

He never said that, he said that it was boring gameplay wise and its true, they have to stop making the content “easy for everyone”. I was done exploring & the story way too quick. He (we) want content that will challenge us gameplay wise.
gameplay is not equal to story.

Exploring the map was fun for how long it lasted, disappointed at the reuse of old mobs like drakes & devourers & riders (only 1 new enemy type)

Episode’s instances, story still average and gameplay is dull.

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

To me the story even needs work as far as the script we are hearing. It sounds too much scripted as if we are listening to robots almost “Hi. How are you doing today?” “I’m very well, thank you.” They do put some funny things in there,but what about voice distinction—we are using all human voices and not creature voices .Make Asurans sound like little creatures and make norn voices deeper and more interesting, charr’s need raggedy growly voices. I mean ESO has Dumbledore for god sake lol.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

Here is what I would have wrote for season 2:

The zephyr’s were really Tengu using magic to disguise themselves all along. All of their lore was made up vague stuff to make them more plausible. They do have connections to Cantha but have recently held up in “The dominion of Winds” and have been using their four winds event as a way to finance their kingdom in secret, as we know Tengu are weary of interacting with the outside world.

The old tengu lore that says they will make their new home under a star that rises was n’t the domimion of winds but maguuma—the star being the explosion in the sky, a sign or omen for them.

We come to maguuma only to find tengu everywhere and now the style and powers of the zephyrs becomes apparent that it was Tengu mysticism all along. We are still unaware of what caused the explosion, but Tengu believe it is an opposing clan that dissapproved of their dealing with Lions Arch, while the tengu see the explosion as an omen to build their new city here (a starting area in the future for this race.)

It just so happens that the opposing Tengu are corrupted and stand by Mordremoth who is here as well, and before Tengu can make their new home here he must be destroyed.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

The zephyr’s were really Tengu using magic to disguise themselves all along. All of their lore was made up vague stuff to make them more plausible. They do have connections to Cantha but have recently held up in “The dominion of Winds” and have been using their four winds event as a way to finance their kingdom in secret, as we know Tengu are weary of interacting with the outside world.

The old tengu lore that says they will make their new home under a star that rises was n’t the domimion of winds but maguuma—the star being the explosion in the sky, a sign or omen for them.

We come to maguuma only to find tengu everywhere and now the style and powers of the zephyrs becomes apparent that it was Tengu mysticism all along. We are still unaware of what caused the explosion, but Tengu believe it is an opposing clan that dissapproved of their dealing with Lions Arch, while the tengu see the explosion as an omen to build their new city here (a starting area in the future for this race.)

It just so happens that the opposing Tengu are corrupted and stand by Mordremoth who is here as well, and before Tengu can make their new home here he must be destroyed.

You can make dry top in a couple days and make this story (which counts for a whole year?). You’re pro, Anet should hire you.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I keep hearing this & want to know why you are happy with about 30% the content & features of an expansion with all the rewards in the cash shop?]

And delivery was the problem in Season 1. Season 2 I would say that delivery is not so much a problem any more. As a matter of fact I think the delivery in Season 2 is better then the delivery of the story in a lot of sections of Guild Wars 1.

Delivery was a small problem in S1. The main problem was awful characters(& the 2 moderately interesting characters they have they never focus on them), lore breaking, small amounts of new content, no new races, no new skins(1 new set? really?), no new skills(3-4? it’s laughable), no new zones(Southsun? it’s basically 1 event & a JP).
The story delivery is only better on a technical level.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

You can make dry top in a couple days and make this story (which counts for a whole year?). You’re pro, Anet should hire you.

BAM…screw you society!

Self Is The Emblem All

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

For me, an mmo should be fill of contents ( hard stuff and casuals stuff) so i can have tons of stuff to do in game. If u want a good story, just go read a book or something. Story in an mmo is just a side-dish tbh, if no added contents the game is going to die fast.

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

I’m getting fond of Taimi, though I’m fairly indifferent to the others. Waiting for the couple to finish yapping about their worries got tiresome, and they give me less chance for comedy than Logan’s ‘True Love.’ I have screamed out, “Jennah!” more times than I can count. With these 2, I just think, “get a room,” and that’s about it. (though doing one of the jump/crystals at the festival, I kept face planting on my asura, presumably interrupting their ‘mid day beach tryst,’ which pleased me. “Splat! Dead Asura again!”

What puts me off with the story is that my character is less than a Star Trek red shirt. I get called ‘commander,’ & mercifully, I did do it on the one character with which I’d finished the entire story, but she feels entirely pointless other than as their thug. I feel like I’ve completely lost my character along the way. (this happened at about the time you decide inexplicably to put Trahearne in control of everything. None of my characters would have done that. They’d have picked an Asura – pretty much any Asura, or one of the Sylvari with a great accent. NOT him. Ever.)

I was hoping maybe the ‘personal’ aspect of the story would reappear, but mostly, I seem to be following a less interesting version of Destiny’s Edge, though Taimi may surpass them in charm so far.

As for choices, at one point, it says I have to choose something – I think it was how to get through a door. I waited around for options to appear, then finally smacked the door. That was my choice, apparently. So I’d like to get back to actual choices, even if they’re not hugely meaningful.

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

For me, an mmo should be fill of contents ( hard stuff and casuals stuff) so i can have tons of stuff to do in game. If u want a good story, just go read a book or something. Story in an mmo is just a side-dish tbh, if no added contents the game is going to die fast.

Anet has always been pretty clear that they are building an mmo_RPG_ and that they consider the character development and plot elements core to their experience. Hence the term “living story” the entire opening monologue about this being “my story” and the entire section of the character page devoted to… you guessed it… the story of your character.

This was core to the first game, and they intend it to be core to this one, too. What they’ve done with this release is a refinement to the same exact formula they’ve been pressing since release. Moderately easy open world with an emphasis on exploration, expository story instances, and a core focus on open world play with the occasional “hard mode” content for people who like it.

They intend the game to be something you can drop and come back to each living story release, and this is how their entire business model is structured. It isn’t now, nor was it eer designed to be “that one game that takes up all of your gaming time” Some people (a lot of people) play the game for exactly this reason. I play it for this reason. I’m ALLOWED to get bored with content I don’t like, I have time to play other cool games, and there’s always content just around the corner that will make me want to visit my character again and experience a new chapter in his tale of being Tyria’s most awesome homeless person.

It is a game designed for casual play schedules and individual rather than game enforced goals. It always has been.

Anyone still complaining about that at this point seems to have missed the memo. You’re supposed to have fun in short bursts with GW2, and stop playing it when the fun stops, then come back when they add more fun. Hopefully, if you like the fun enough you give them more money. Thusfar it seems to be working out pretty well for them so I wouldn’t envision that core content model changing.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Very very disappointed. Here’s why:

o Starts with a Jumping Puzzle
Because who doesn’t like Jumping Puzzle’s? Almost everybody. Sure it was easy but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

o Pitch Black Areas
No. Just No.

o Arcade Games
Honest I thought I was getting an RPG not a massive collection of Whack-A-Mole, Run-With-A-Kit games. Felt totally out of context and had all the depth of a Mud Puddle.

o Too much “My Little Pony”
Or maybe it was more of a “Rainbow Brite” vibe but I have to ask…what age range are you shooting for? The 6 to 8 year olds?

Between this lame drop and getting my Longbow Ranger nerfed every other week I have to wonder how much longer this game is gonna last?

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Anet has always been pretty clear that they are building an mmo_RPG_ and that they consider the character development and plot elements core to their experience. Hence the term “living story” the entire opening monologue about this being “my story” and the entire section of the character page devoted to… you guessed it… the story of your character.

This was core to the first game, and they intend it to be core to this one, too. What they’ve done with this release is a refinement to the same exact formula they’ve been pressing since release. Moderately easy open world with an emphasis on exploration, expository story instances, and a core focus on open world play with the occasional “hard mode” content for people who like it.

They intend the game to be something you can drop and come back to each living story release, and this is how their entire business model is structured. It isn’t now, nor was it eer designed to be “that one game that takes up all of your gaming time” Some people (a lot of people) play the game for exactly this reason. I play it for this reason. I’m ALLOWED to get bored with content I don’t like, I have time to play other cool games, and there’s always content just around the corner that will make me want to visit my character again and experience a new chapter in his tale of being Tyria’s most awesome homeless person.

It is a game designed for casual play schedules and individual rather than game enforced goals. It always has been.

Anyone still complaining about that at this point seems to have missed the memo. You’re supposed to have fun in short bursts with GW2, and stop playing it when the fun stops, then come back when they add more fun. Hopefully, if you like the fun enough you give them more money. Thusfar it seems to be working out pretty well for them so I wouldn’t envision that core content model changing.

OK my fun for each update last for like 2 hours to complete everything then take a break for 2 weeks for the next update. I thought they mentioned early this year about how they approach this year LS2 update every few months for bigger update than previous LS1. Now we get a 1/5 of the map that have like 2 different mobs.

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I actually would have preferred them to open the whole map at once. It would’ve been a grand opening to a new season. There’s nothing stopping them updating the area later on as the story progresses.

in Living World

Posted by: SSGroguey.5841

SSGroguey.5841

I was pleasantly surprised by the update, I was coming back to LS2 with some hesitance The story is an improvement so far from LS1, I’ll say. More dialogue and an attempt to tell a story.

There’s still room for improvement though.
— This is just a little nitpick from me, and while I do understand that LS2 starts expecting you completed the PS, the fact the zone is 80 exclusive does kinda bum me out, in a sense. It does keep new players out (until they hit 80) and I mean, China did just join the GW2 community about a month or so ago… Don’t really see the problem in letting uplevels in to experience the story right now [so long as they get fair warning that completing the PS/being maxed would be best].
— The multiple reward paths, between replaying the LS/doing “harder” content and the zone achievements are a good start. Admittedly, I would like to see a tiny bit more in terms of options for different goodies, but this is a good start. I think we are again at the point though where achievements are able to be done quickly — within the first few days.
[And while it seems exclusive items are something they want to do away with, I did kind of like the idea of having an item that was special for that story. Multiple items through chieves, with one special item that goes away doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me.]

in Living World

Greyalis.2309

Very very disappointed. Here’s why:

o Starts with a Jumping Puzzle
Because who doesn’t like Jumping Puzzle’s? Almost everybody. Sure it was easy but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

o Pitch Black Areas
No. Just No.

o Arcade Games
Honest I thought I was getting an RPG not a massive collection of Whack-A-Mole, Run-With-A-Kit games. Felt totally out of context and had all the depth of a Mud Puddle.

o Too much “My Little Pony”
Or maybe it was more of a “Rainbow Brite” vibe but I have to ask…what age range are you shooting for? The 6 to 8 year olds?

Between this lame drop and getting my Longbow Ranger nerfed every other week I have to wonder how much longer this game is gonna last?

Actually like the dark area where you need a torch to see well around you—this might be cool for deeper exploration underneath Tyria.

The my little pony and rainbow bright references…I like the art style a lot in gw2, but yeah they could pick up the story and interactions to be a little more adult feeling.

Self Is The Emblem All