How did Scarlet enter the Mists?

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

As far as we know, there are portals to the Mists in Lions Arch… as well as the abandoned portals created by Lord Odran… I suspect she discovered one and used it. BUT how the heck did she get an aethership through?!
Eventually she created one of such portals herself.

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Send the Aetherblades into the mist and have them build the air ship. Problem solved

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Inugami.1328

Inugami.1328

Send the Aetherblades into the mist and have them build the air ship. Problem solved

incredibly simple

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

or that’s where the aetherblades really come from.

or she has a huge portal.

or wait and see kid, wait and see.

seriously, give it a week and you’ll probably have the answer.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Because… things!

She is the weak thread Arena Net uses to tie every unrelated piece of content together. Do not expect the reasons to make much sense, Arena Nets Living Story writers have not exactly excelled in story telling so far.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Mists

If you think about it, the Aetherblades could be from another reality.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Could be she found away for vehicles, like those airships to transition to and from the mists. May explain how they could suddenly appear in the sky during the jubilee. Also, the lady do appear to have a intricate understanding of portal and teleportation magic.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Simply smuggle the parts and built it on the other side.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Or just harvest the mats in the Mists. We can harvest nodes in WvW, after all.

in Living World

Posted by: KazzMadd.3052

KazzMadd.3052

Think of all of her minions we have killed I’m surprised it’s not overflowing with them to be honest.

Power For The Inquest!

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Except for the fact that she has a base under LA.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Think of all of her minions we have killed I’m surprised it’s not overflowing with them to be honest.

:O
Aetherblades are causing the overflows and WvW queues!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ll just blame whatever servers my own is fighting at the moment.
It is your fault, both of you. :P

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

“You had one job. You were supposed to make sure only Mist War recruits come in through the portals in Lion’s Arch. Now we got these trolling idiots squatting in a tower building god knows what with the supply . . . is . . . is that an airship?! Who knows this Aetherblade guild, is it some other server’s troll guild? Who the heck is this Scarlet person they say is the guild leader? A sylvari engineer? At least she’s not a ranger.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

“You had one job. You were supposed to make sure only Mist War recruits come in through the portals in Lion’s Arch. Now we got these trolling idiots squatting in a tower building god knows what with the supply . . . is . . . is that an airship?! Who knows this Aetherblade guild, is it some other server’s troll guild? Who the heck is this Scarlet person they say is the guild leader? A sylvari engineer? At least she’s not a ranger.”

Scarlet stands on the deck of her Airship and addressed her crew.
“Follow me! You will earn riches, power!”
No one cheers, her eyes turn into slits of anger.
“I said FOLLOW ME or I WILL kill you!”
Once again not a soul responds.
Exasperated, she turns on her Commander Blue Dorito.
Now the masses cheer, bow, and follow her into anything.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

New leaked Scarlet poetry!

Prepare yourselves,
The bells have tolled
Shelter your weak
your young and your old
Each of you shall pay the final sum!
Cry for mercy
The Scarlet time in the Mists has come!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

She must’ve heard how rich the PVE loot bags can be in WvW so she decided to entice them all to enter.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

My guess is she is using the Consortium’s Gate. I think they work for her.

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

What are these portal gates anyway? Reminds me of Doom 3, where they were testing the newly developed teleportation technology, only to discover that Hell was the inbetween place between portals. There’s a conversation between an asura and a sylvari in Lion’s Arch, with the sylvari saying she is aware she’s “disconnected with the others” for a split second while entering the gate. So maybe there’s an inbetween world between portal gates. What if there’s another reality underneath the reality we are seeing in game?

(edited by Steel Fenrir.2791)

in Living World

Posted by: Thevanishedone.5231

Thevanishedone.5231

I may be mistaken but wasn’t it mentioned in the books that Asura had knowledge how to build portal gates

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What are these portal gates anyway? Reminds me of Doom 3, where they were testing the newly developed teleportation technology, only to discover that Hell was the inbetween place between portals. There’s a conversation between an asura and a sylvari in Lion’s Arch, with the sylvari saying she is aware she’s “disconnected with the others” for a split second while entering the gate. So maybe there’s an inbetween world between portal gates. What if there’s another reality underneath the reality we are seeing in game?

The asura gates were a known technology from Guild Wars 1, shown as their version of fast-travel allowing rather large amounts of material to be moved from place to place. However, the destroyers took over their transit hub and after that any active gate became dangerous to leave open.

Currently it seems the asura have developed the technology further to work in places not linked to the previous network or bound by the . . . same limitations.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

“Aetherblade zerg outside SE Stonemist, 30-50. Rams down.”
“What? There’s like 50 of them outside Red Keep water gate.”
“Hey, green BL needs help, Aetherblades everywhere.”

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Maybe she developed a fold system that allows her to travel to the mist? The very nature of a fold system is to slip through the fabrics of time and space, so perhaps entering the mist is the only means of accomplishing this feat. And if you must enter the mist in transition, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible to stop there. Definitely, she put a fold drive on her airships. lol No, I think the question that truly merits an answer is ‘why’, what does going into the mist have to do with probing the lay lines of Tyria?

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Maybe she just found the “enter the mists” button in her interface… bam bam tish

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I hope they at least try to explain why the Aetherblades work for her or where they come from. It’s implied so far she’s so powerful she can threaten hundreds and hundreds of henchmen into working for her.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

(Techno)Magic!

15 characters

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

I hope they at least try to explain why the Aetherblades work for her or where they come from. It’s implied so far she’s so powerful she can threaten hundreds and hundreds of henchmen into working for her.

She didn’t ‘get the Aetherblades to work for her’ she created the Aetherblades, and thus is in all regards their benefactor, someone to whom they own respect and loyalty. Sure the crew of pirates existed before she took the reins, but it was her tinkering that made their ambitions realized.

Simply logic really, doesn’t even need to be explained. Getting the dredge and flame legion to work together… now that’s another story.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

She didn’t ‘get the Aetherblades to work for her’ she created the Aetherblades, and thus is in all regards their benefactor, someone to whom they own respect and loyalty. Sure the crew of pirates existed before she took the reins, but it was her tinkering that made their ambitions realized.

And anytime someone says in the mess hall in hushed whispers “I think she’s not all right”, they explode. That helps keep them loyal too.

Simply logic really, doesn’t even need to be explained. Getting the dredge and flame legion to work together… now that’s another story.

It’s been suggested she approached each and told them the other was already willing to sign on for the alliance. “Oh, well, they already agreed. But don’t let on I told you, they’re too proud to let it be known.”