CratZ.6270

… React to Belindas death?

My was cheering with hands in air: “wow, nice gear!”

How did your character...?

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

/shrug

Can Kasmeer please go with Marjory as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Since I try to RP everything, My girls cried (/cry) and one of them had a dark power wreck one of Mordy’s vines in anger.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Mine checked for pulse, in case she was just knocked out conciense…

Then climbed up on the vine, until I was standing on belinda, noted that it’s possible we could get her sword at some point and took couple selfies. :P

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

/searches for Belinda’s sword
Well … nothing to see here, see you guys later.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Mine was furious at Mordremoth that it completely missed Kasmeer after I gave it very specific instructions that I’d lure her to a spot marked by an X on the map I mailed it using in-game mail which is where it would shoot its vines out of the ground and finally rid us of this whiney mushy lovey-dovey excuse for a noble. Told it to move to Kryta to get a better aim but it was like “Oh no good sir, I can totally nail that kitten all the way from the Maguuma”.

Stupid dragon!

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not making the PS Biconics canon for my character. The overall events, yes, but not his central role in them. So my character did not have a reaction because for him it didn’t happen beyond maybe just being one of many bodies seen strangled.

I, however, am generally a sucker for tear-jerker moments in movies and this one hit me the same way, lump in the throat and sorrow for Marjory’s loss (Belinda herself, meh, her voice actor didn’t sell me on her being a soldier, nor did we see enough of her to know her as a character and directly mourn her death). I credit the music with doing that, it hit just the right chord to tell my subconscious “Hey, be sad now.” It would be interesting to get a general idea of how many people who felt no sadness were also using their own unrelated music instead of the game sounds.

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

No real response to it… when Marj and Kas disappeared, I figured it meant that something was up. I have no real reaction simply because I was not invested in her story. Until I meet up with Marj again, it will most likely still have limited impact.

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

(My Main Charr Character) / Checked if she was still alive. The took her down to show her some dignity and respect.

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

(Main Charr Necro) Zero interest. Can we go break Omadd’s machine now?

Edit: If the story writing peeps wanted us to feel sad about her, then maybe they shouldn’t have killed her off after only two minor appearances.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

(Main Norn Warrior) / Was rightly miffed that she couldn’t save her, then rather sad for Jori’s sake. She wasn’t exactly in a position to comfort her and/or Kass, so she didn’t try, and figured it was better to let the humans grieve as they feel the need to.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

Belinda should have had a few soldiers with her after you save them, but they just go awol. (Probably ran away if they were smart.) You only find her body. How odd?

My character’s reaction? If I had any sense of control, I would not have left a lone soldier alone in the keep.

Seriously, who leaves a lone soldier in a keep filled with baddies? Not the Commander. He’s seen a lot of crap go on at Orr to know better than this.

However:

Being forced to play this way, the only reaction he can have is to facepalm and think, “Why do people never listen when I call out the order to group up?” And because he’s seen a lot of senseless death, HE would know how to deal with Jory and Kasmeer so that they’d go off together and he would tell the others what happened.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Myself? I thought the whole situation looked awkward so I cringed a little bit but didn’t care overall.

My character? Probably something in line of ‘’Sorry for you loss, now I need to hurry back to Taimi.’’

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I tried to grab Belinda’s sword only to find there was no way to loot the body.

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Pretty much, as I won a bet with my partner as to her dying in the mission.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

My male Sylvari: Level’d and said This calls for celebration!

My female alt: Level’d up and said Welcome to big town. Population : ME

My main character: finished daily and said One more thing for my list of accomplishments!

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Living World

Posted by: Eszett.6950

Eszett.6950

I was like, “CALLED IT”, and then looked at Marjory, and shut my trap

in Living World

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

“So these vines can propagate anywhere now? With enough velocity to asphyxiate people where they stand? Seriously, our backs were turned for a nanosecond and FWOOSH, she’s fertiliser! Oooooh, sorry, this probably isn’t the time…I’ll just be over here acquiring samples…”

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I haven’t gotten there yet, but Tobias would probably sigh and after Marjory leaves: “So, anyone want out before this happens to them? No? Fine. I’ll pour one out for the dead when it’s all over. Until then suck it up and be big boys and girls.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Human Female Mesmer: “Oh Marjory, I’m so sorry…” -hugs Kasmeer since Jory doesn’t want to be-

Norn Female Ranger: -stands off to one side awkwardly. She’s never been comfortable with emotional stuff-

Asura Male Elementalist: “My deepest condolences, Marjory. I- Is that vine exsanguinating the corpse? Where’s my journal? I need to document this for my book! Um, I mean… I’m so sorry, Marjory.”

Charr Male Warrior: -stares upwards grimly as he draws his sword- “Kasmeer, stay with Marjory. I’ll get Belinda down.”

Sylvari Female Necromancer: “Hey, hey, don’t be sad, Marjory. We’re Necromancers, we can get Belinda up and walking again! … What? Why is everybody giving me that look?”

in Living World

Posted by: Arcadian Knight.1079

Arcadian Knight.1079

Well seeing as I’ve only had one character complete it so far.

His reaction was when he rounded the corner…“Oh no….” with a look of worry over how Marjory would take this.

in Living World

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

I was a tad bit stunned that anet actually did it, so there was a little chill that I felt, but it only added a little bit of “Oh Its ON!” factor to the situation.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

(Human elementalist) : -silently offers Marjory a swig from her flask-

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

(edited by Rainshine.5493)

in Living World

Posted by: Black Dragon.1504

Black Dragon.1504

My character would have been disappointed that Belinda was weak enough to allow herself to be killed by the vine.
And he was also glad that Marjory had the decency to want to leave for a bit – he does not need any more emotionally compromising members in the team.

Thread-killer extraordinaire

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

The reaction of my character: Seriously? You couldnt last like 30 sec?

in Living World

Posted by: letssee.3216

letssee.3216

Fem Syl Ele: *knows the two humans will be grieving
*begins patrol in case of more baddies
*somewhere along the patrol, cast lava font on a vine

Mintuo (Sylvari Ele)
Journey’s Edge [EDGE] – DB
“What you call impossible, I call a target-rich environment.”

(edited by letssee.3216)

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

is it unhealthy to facepalm and sigh at the same time?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Honestly I figured she would die the moment she appeared in the first mission. I stopped caring about characters in this game after they kept killing them off in the personal story.

in Living World

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

My main thought was why didn’t Kasmeer try to intercept Marjory before she saw the corpse rather than stand there like a slack jaw idiot. If you had seen your significant others sister mutilated and crushed, wouldn’t you try and spare them the sight of it until they were sufficiently prepared for some bad news?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Honestly I figured she would die the moment she appeared in the first mission. I stopped caring about characters in this game after they kept killing them off in the personal story.

I had her marked for dying about when she said in “Aftermath” – "Hey, my unit’s heading out west of Brisban Wildlands . .. "

I laughed and said “Say hello to the fine folks at Fort Vandal!”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

My main thought was why didn’t Kasmeer try to intercept Marjory before she saw the corpse rather than stand there like a slack jaw idiot. If you had seen your significant others sister mutilated and crushed, wouldn’t you try and spare them the sight of it until they were sufficiently prepared for some bad news?

If you just saw anybody mutilated and crushed, do you think you’d necessarily be thinking on your feet?

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Living World

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

If you truly cared about someone who would be more affected by what you just saw, and you had seen them coming towards you, I don’t think its unreasonable to start thinking about them rather than yourself. People go into crisis management mode at times like these.

Example, as Marjory comes over to Kasmeer, Kasmeer glances over at her. At that time, she should have grabbed her and told her not to look, maybe hold her head from turning and try to lessen the impact of what she is about to see.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If you truly cared about someone who would be more affected by what you just saw, and you had seen them coming towards you, I don’t think its unreasonable to start thinking about them rather than yourself. People go into crisis management mode at times like these.

Not everyone does . . . some people do just freeze, and wind up torn between action and just the horror of it.

I think it’s slightly unrealistic to expect Kasmeer to be capable of that sort of detachment from her emotions – she is a very emotional character.

in Living World

Posted by: kamizefrog.3421

kamizefrog.3421

My character couldn’t resist the perfect “selfie” opportunity.

Attachments:

?? ???? ??

in Living World

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

My character? Indifferent. There was a tinge of remorse solely because it was the sibling of one of MY group members.

Beyond that I did not know Majory’s sister, my character has seen people die on a daily basis and even resurrects some of them as tools to fight with, beyond the pity for my party member, nothing.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Barrasci.2368

Barrasci.2368

My human engi, after analyzed the gravity of the situation, tried to cheer her up.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

My character and her wife just kind of stood there, wondering when they could leave to have tea and biscuits. They have better things to do.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

Mine checked for pulse, in case she was just knocked out conciense…

Then climbed up on the vine, until I was standing on belinda, noted that it’s possible we could get her sword at some point and took couple selfies. :P

I read this and thought “how awful” but then I realized I did the same exact thing.. Except I covered her face with Sunrise footsteps…

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Gave Marjory space, since I’m crap at consoling.

in Living World

Posted by: Fuiltech.6438

Fuiltech.6438

Look at Jori and offered her a potion (engineer here) and a piece silk scrap to dry her tears with and left Kasmeer and her to talk. Seen to many things in Orr to show emotion anymore.

Telos Novum – Human Engineer
Discovering one’s purpose is not as easy as it might originally appear.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My Human Guardian would have offered condolences, then asked Kasmeer to hold Jory.
Then he would get Belinda’s body down from the vines and close her eyes.
Afterwards offer a quiet prayer to all the Gods:
“Dwayna please weep for her loss, but be proud that she defended the weak.
Balthazar, please be proud of her valor as she stood against all odds to spill enemy blood.
Grenth, judge her actions well as she goes into the Mist.
Melandru, use her shell to give life once more when she’s buried.
Lyssa, provide illusion to Jory’s pain until she can accept the loss.
Kormir, give Jory’s heart the truth that she can overcome this loss.”

Then depart to leave the couple to their grief, I wouldn’t even search for the sword until they were gone. It is just more polite that way.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

My Thief: “Why didn’t you… DOOOOOOOOODGEEEEE!”
My Warrior: “This ruffles my Jimmy’s!!”
My Necromancer: “Meh”
My Engineer: “Don’t worry she’ll respawn at the WP any second now… aany second..”
My Mesmer: “Kinky…”
My Ranger: “No seriously, it wasn’t me!”
My Guardian: “Just use your freakin revive orb christ….”
My Elementalist: “Who the fudge is Belinda?”

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My Thief: “Why didn’t you… DOOOOOOOOODGEEEEE!”

“Why are you starting a subroutine, its not that complex!”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

My human engi, after analyzed the gravity of the situation, tried to cheer her up.

Haha, brilliant!

in Living World

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Then depart to leave the couple to their grief, I wouldn’t even search for the sword until they were gone. It is just more polite that way.

I found it, you’ve stolen it, that’s why we don’t find it in wardrobe anymore….

in Living World

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

My human engineer gave a conflicted stare, then gave Jory a tissue, then just saluted the corpse and walked away. Then she was feeling kittenhe considered that she should be doing the salute to every corpse by that measure. Then thought that considering all, Belinda is not the first, and certainly wont be the last. If she stopped to salute and kitten at every dead soldier, she wouldnt be able to do anything else…

in Living World

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

/me is wondering who Belinda was?
Oh, that girl, I forgot her name again, seems to be her sister.
Tough luck.
What’s next?

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

My human necro & guardian: These two travel together with DE 2.0, following the living story. My necro was sad and angry—he takes the death of a comrade very personally, and struggles not to blame himself. My guardian was sad for Marjory’s loss, and offered some last rites out of respect, but she realizes there was nothing they could have done.

My charr warrior: Was promoted to Tribune after killing Scarlet, and has focused her attention on her new title in Ascalon. She has a couple soldiers investigating dry top, to keep her informed, but has not taken a direct role for the time being. Her work with DE 2.0 was purely for her own personal gain—so she could care less about Belinda or any of them.

The rest of my characters are soldiers in service to my charr warrior, and do not interact with DE 2.0