How do I "Meet Taimi at the Ley Line Hub" ?

in Living World

Posted by: inushi.9340

inushi.9340

I’ve been trying to get back into GW2 after being away for a year or two.

I’m stuck on a stage of the Living Story – can anyone give advice?

The first part worked fine, I went to a party in Divinity’s Reach and talked to ministers (something about whether or not the queen was seen talking with a sylvari).

I’m stuck on the next part: “Recalibrating the Waypoints” (task: Meet Taimi at the Ley Line Hub). The story sends me to a new zone, Dry Top, which doesn’t have any clear way to get from place to place.

I’m stuck in Prospect Valley, have discovered 2 waypoints, about 8 points of interest, and I can’t find any way to reach the rest of the zone.

How can I meet Taimi at the Ley Line Hub?

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Are you on a EU or NA server?. Ask in map chat for some assistance in getting there.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Living World

inushi.9340

NA server. My initial attempt at map chat was not encouraging. Someone was posting waypoints for zone events. I said, “how do we walk to [place] if we don’t have the waypoint?”. The reply was a jokey, “one does not simply walk to [place]”.

I gave up on map chat and asked here in the forum.

in Living World

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

You should have the Vine Bridge WP available. From there, you go East into the Unswept Lands. Keep the cliffs are your right side. After a while, you’ll notice a ramp going down (and a Inquest defense). That’s the cave you need to go to.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You have missed several earlier stages of living story which are locked behind a paywall for you. Playing the story in order would lead you naturally round the map to your destination.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the LS2, this isn’t clear and many have become stumped how to get to this bit as the game assumes you have completed all prior story steps.

The short and easy answer is that if you go to Prospect Town, you will find a house with an open door. The passage through lies at the back. Then you can work your way round in a circular fashion until you eventually get to the place you need to be.

Or you can use 200 gems per missed chapter to follow the story in order.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Yeah, it’s an underground passage through a house in the west end. People don’t always give serious replies because that question is asked a lot and they’re a little tired of answering.

in Living World

inushi.9340

Thank you for pointing out the house in Prospect Town; going through the tunnel allowed me to reach Restoration Refuge and Vine Bridge / Repair Station. I’ll hunt from here to see how to find Taimi.

I wish ANet would take the trouble to update their green “content guide” to point people the right way. Giving people a story quest that they can’t figure out how to do seems like bad design.

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I always answer this question seriously when it comes up in Dry Top map chat, and it DOES get asked a lot. Since I can’t be on duty 24×7, I think ANet should add a scout NPC with this info somewhere in Prospect Valley. It will seem a little weird to those of us who spent the coin to buy the earlier chapters, but it would solve the problem for a lot of returning players.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m not a fan of this “buy by the chapter” philosophy, it is probably the one thing I have strong criticism against, largely because of the problem here and also because if you try and explain the system to a prospestive player, it can come across as confusing or too much hassle.

I don’t really have an answer to how to solve to the paywall to players who miss chapters since free probably isn’t viable, but at the very least it needs better guidance to other areas and some indication a player has missed chapters. With the work going to in to make the NPE “less confusing”, I’m surprised the LS wasn’t cleaned up too.

(edited by Randulf.7614)