How do you get the new mastery started?

in Living World

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I only played a bit yesterday, focusing on the story, so I’m sure I could figure this out eventually. But, how do you start the new Koda’s flame mastery?

The first skill “Sprint” still says “unlock Koda’s flame mastery”. I know the other 4 skills are purchasable with unbound magic. My question is how do you start it?

I assume I missed something.

in Living World

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I only played a bit yesterday, focusing on the story, so I’m sure I could figure this out eventually. But, how do you start the new Koda’s flame mastery?

The first skill “Sprint” still says “unlock Koda’s flame mastery”. I know the other 4 skills are purchasable with unbound magic. My question is how do you start it?

I assume I missed something.

It’s the third unlock in the Ancient Magic line. You know, the one with the the Thermal Tubes?

in Living World

Lankmaster.6507

Ah, so it didn’t autoselect it and start leveling it up when it became a thing? I feel like it could have been leveled up by now just doing what I’ve already done. Slightly annoying that the update didn’t point it out to you that it was added to an existing mastery line.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

For what it’s worth I’m glad it didn’t auto-select and start levelling the new mastery as soon as it came out because I wanted to finish training leyline gliding first and it would have been really annoying to find all my XP going to something else just because it’s new.

But maybe it could do that if you’ve trained all the other HoT masteries already.

Alternatively maybe there could be a pop-up or a note in the story unlock that there’s a new mastery to train, so everyone can choose whether they want it or not.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Lankmaster.6507

Yeah, agreed. Just information that it exists in the story unlock sounds good to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It does start leveling up automatically, if you have finished leveling other Masteries, or even if you just have not enough Mastery Points to spend on other Mastery levels.

It does not, however, switch the ‘active’ tick mark over.

in Living World

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

It does start leveling up automatically, if you have finished leveling other Masteries, or even if you just have not enough Mastery Points to spend on other Mastery levels.

It does not, however, switch the ‘active’ tick mark over.

That’s what happened for me, I have all my other masteries done and when I checked the tab I’d already filled the XP bar for Koda’s Flame without realizing it. Just had to click and confirm spending the mastery points.