How do you get to Dry Top?

in Living World

Posted by: kalanimax.7368

kalanimax.7368

Hi there, how do you get to Dry Top? I’ve looked though GW2wiki and these forums (even youtube) for a hint cannot any (unless it’s stuck at the bottom of a Dry Top related thread and I think I have pretty much looked at all the ones I could see).
I’m just baffled.
Thanks in advance.

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

If you look at the wiki it states connects to Brisban Wildlands (SE). On the wiki whenever it states connects to that is where a “portal” to the joining area is.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dry_top

Specifically there is a area in Tangle Root where you complete the Jungle Entanglement dynamic event blocking the way to Dry top.

The players who edit the wiki are working on updating the wiki to reflect all the changes. If you don’t find something but find the solution please edit the page. There is also a project going on to keep up/track the changes made in the living world.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Projects/Living_World_changes

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in Living World

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Ignore the confusing Brisban Wildlands (SE) thing. The wiki editors need to learn how to give directions.

Dry Top is entered from the southWEST corner of Brisban Wildlands. The portal is in the Tangle Root area; as mentioned above, it must be opened through a dynamic event.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Living World

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

The “SE” is referring to where the map of Dry Top itself connects to the other map – not how to get there. If you go to wiki page for Brisban Wildlands, it tells you that THAT map connects to Dry Top from the SW.

I know that sounds confusing when it comes to trying to figure out “how do I get there” but that content is intended as a description of the map itself – not directions how to get to it.

in Living World

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

The “SE” is referring to where the map of Dry Top itself …

Yes, I’m aware. Hence the comment about giving directions. It’s a special map with limited access added long after most other zones. A ‘Getting there’ section would be appropriate on the map’s wiki page. I notice the Brisban Wildlands’ page has such a section. Why doesn’t Dry Top’s?

[edited for clarity]

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

If you know where the Unit Help Find and Destroy the Inquest event starts (southern most part of Toxal Bog) the way over to Dry Top is near where the giant spawns. If the dynamic event is going on you will see it immediately. If it has been done, just run through to the fort and then through the gate to Dry Top.