How is this fun?

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Seriously, I don’t see how anyone would consider this fun when npc’s can down you with retaliation or just take all your damage and be able to down you so easily. I don’t like being forced to wear ptv or the horrid nomad armor and/or do the living story in parties. If we are meant to do this with parties then maybe it should be labeled kitten.
Either way looks like its frustration I’m not going to be doing. So yet GW2 stays boring as usual.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Do you mean the actual living story or the new maps?

I did the new living story wearing berserker gear without much problem. “other than dieing a few times and waste 30 seconds running back”. I dont’ think it’s a big deal to die a few time".

And quite honestly the living story will take much longer if you wear nomad. It’s not like there is big penalty for dieing.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, I found the living story to be… reasonable. Caithe’s Reconnaissance can be a hard fight, but not excessively so, and the final boss fight’s mechanics can be painful, but I don’t think armour stats make much difference there.

My experience of the new map so far has been unfavourable, however. The way the mordrem extractors are handled… well, let’s just say that I REALLY hope that’s something we get a new mail of when we re-enter the instance or something. Because mine got wasted due to having no warning of the mechanic (you have three hours to kill a boss or it’s gone? Well, the first boss I was fighting failed on 25%, and I had other things to be doing than spending three hours trying to get one!)

On top of that… they either need to be less happy about introducing unavoidable-damage mechanics. The gas that you get in fallen forts needs to have something in the tooltip that tells you that you can get rid of it by leaving the affected area, and Leeching Thrashers (I think that’s the name, the ones that cause vines to come from the ground and cause constant damage to everyone who isn’t within melee range of them) are beyond obnoxious when they appear in numbers.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

@draxynnic If you already don’t know you can buy more extractors for bandit crests(or whatever they are) I also wasted the first one but found you need to use multiple anyway. As for the gas there are bubbles you break that heal you and allies.(at least in one of the pits)

(edited by Dreadforce.6980)

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

People complain that the game becomes too simple, or that many things are useless compared the strength of zerking things down. They make the game more challenging and people begin to complain about how they can’t faceroll everything.

I for one, really enjoyed the new update. It had a decent level of difficulty and some interesting mechanics to play with on the last mission. I was able to complete it using Full Zerkers, and as an above poster mentioned, I too died a few times. (which there’s nothing wrong with that) Lots of the times I died was because I didn’t figure out the mechanic currently at first or simply didnt have the right build at the time. But I didn’t have to go and switch my gear, I just changed 1-2 skills and my traits around to be more surviveable and have some condition removal (especially on caithe’s mission)

there was nothing in this update that could literally “down you easily”. most of the time its pretty obvious what will do so, and it can be countered.

as for stuff like retaliation and boon removal, Im VERY happy they’re doing this.
I’m glad enemies use boons and have real mechanics behind them. It makes normally useless skills like Disables, boonsteal, boon corrupt or in general evading/survivability actually very important in PvE. I’m glad that the update actually made me go “maybe I should change some skills/traits”. That’s good, fun gameplay, not Mindlessly zerging everything down.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

lol, I did all the achievements solo with my full zerk ele easily (except Not Under My Command)

Edit: I mean the story achievements, not The Silverwastes.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I thought the challenge level in the new update, especially in the last one was just right. It wasn’t mind numbingly easy but at the same time it wasn’t frustratingly difficult to understand. I just played that instance with the usual Rampager’s gear on my character. But then again, I know that this update isn’t going to please everybody. But from the looks of the feedback I see on the forums, I’d say it’s made more people smile than usual.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

How is this fun?

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

@FalconBeta: I agree, in principle. However:

First, not all professions have equal access to boon removal. There’s more of it now than on release, I think, but for some professions it’s quite awkward to use, and when a lot of the content is based around being self-sufficient… yeah.

Second, there are places where ArenaNet has outright cheated with that. For instance, consider the Mordrem Wolf in Iron Marches in E3: after the first couple of times (when I was there while the content as new enough that there were usually groups there to help) when I took my mesmer to it, I knew that Retaliation would be an issue and brought plenty of boon hate to offset it. I was infuriated to find that it was completely immune to boon removal – at one point I even dropped a Null Field on it and nothing happened. I thought I’d gone in prepared – turned out I would have been better off just trying to kill it before it killed me after all and built with that in mind.

@draxynnic If you already don’t know you can buy more extractors for bandit crests(or whatever they are) I also wasted the first one but found you need to use multiple anyway. As for the gas there are bubbles you break that heal you and allies.(at least in one of the pits)

Yeah, I figured you could buy them. I still had one wasted because there was no indication of how they’d work this time (I was thinking in terms of the extractors from Southsun or the Birthday Blaster, not something that gave you a buff for a limited time and then vanished) – and whatever the price is, I’ve lost that much due to ArenaNet being unclear of the mechanics. If I’d known, I’d have held onto it until such a time as I knew I’d be able to spend an hour or so making sure I got that kill.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I could be accused of bragging if I would say that I am of average skill as a GW2 player. But even I got through the story alright. Yes, I died here and there, and yes, I had to look at the hints beyond the hit point bar of the boss at the top center of the screen, and even
then I needed some time to figure out the fragile mechanic – but that was a welcome challenge. Because if you figured it out you had not to overcome an additional reflex hurdle (where I am not good at). It was reasonably paced and felt just right.

A very satisfying experience. If the next episodes can keep up with this one I see a bright future for GW2 and me. Only the botched trait unlocking system remains…

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It was an excellent story, but i actually struggled more on my pvt due to the slow dps. Modrem and the facet bosses are tough to take down on a defensive toon.

How is this fun?

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

To be honest, I think the only complaints I’d have about the final combat was that there was often a noticeable delay between destroying one vortex crystal and another one spawning, and that during the shielded phases (where you need the light attunement to get to the vortex crystal) the mechanics of the combat meant that the AoEs were often placed on top of the fragile buffs, making them effectively unusable unless you could somehow get the protective shield buff, pick up Fragility, and then kill another mini-facet in time to get to the vortex crystal before the fragility expires.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Seriously, I don’t see how anyone would consider this fun when npc’s can down you with retaliation or just take all your damage and be able to down you so easily

Uuuh… what were you fighting?
The general complaint is that PvE is far too easy.

In regards to enemies killing you with retaliation, remove their boons. Every class has boon removal AFAIK, and even if you don’t want to equip it personally, ask a friend to use theirs – we’re playing together, after all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I’am not sure what OP could be referring to. Done this episode and played on the map as zerk thief, doesn’t really get much more squishier than that, and it was ok for me. I don’t recall any retal killing me etc.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

You’re supposed to die in this game, from time to time. It makes you a better player.

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

You’re supposed to die in this game, from time to time. It makes you a better player.

I should be God by now then xD

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I should be God by now then xD

lol

How is this fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Booo hooo noobs must now do something elste then stack in corner and faceroll. Anet is definetly in right ways in this. I wanna see more crytopics like this.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop