How many Episodes in a season?

in Living World

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So both the Personal Story and Living World S2 have 8 chapters each. Do you think LWS3 also has 8 chapters? Will there be a LWS4 before an expansion?

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think that we are likely to get the expansion before LWS4 comes out. On Reddit, ANet said that the teams assigned to each LW episode are given about 6 months of work on them, and we know that the expansion is already being worked on. Just figuring for another few episodes of LWS3 to come out, I don’t think they have time to do LWS4 before dropping the expansion if we want to get it before early 2019.

I also think that we will be getting around 8 episodes in LWS3 as well

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The living world was designed to play out in pseudo real time, with the story being dated and seasons playing out over the course of a year. Considering that, season 3 will likely only have around 6 episodes. 2 years is fairly average for an expansion release cycle, so they’ll likely reveal the next one around then, then take a 3-6 month break.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Variable
Ls1 was many minichapters
Ls2 were fewer, bigger chapters
Ls3 are even bigger.. i think we’ll get 4 more before the next expansion. (Its a wild guess based at their current speed of lore introduction)

in Living World

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I think LS3 will have less episodes than LS2 and LS 1 did, considering that each episode is longer and has a map (so far at least). My prediction is next expansion will be late 2017, so 3 more episodes 2-3 month apart with a 4-5 month break before the expansion hits.

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Unless proven wrong i would stick with 8 episodes per season. This isn’t game of thrones where the end is getting shorter and thus less episodes. With the personal story being 8(though technically its content was about 2x as big as HoT or LWs2 content), LWs2 being 8, HoT being more, but content is about comparable to LWs2, would make sense to have8 episodes in LWs3(living world season 3)

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes