How to find invasions now?

in Living World

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

OK – Clockwork Chaos has ended, but Scarlet’s invasions are still going on. And I’d like to carry on doing them. Does anyone know how to find out (a) whether one is currently going on, and (b) where it is, though?

I managed to join in on one the first evening after the patch, because I saw the alert message while I was standing in Lion’s Arch. Yesterday, by contrast, I played intermittently for most of the day, and didn’t see a hint of a single one

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

No idea! It’s a big secret. We need a leaker!

in Living World

Posted by: Taffy Catt.2784

Taffy Catt.2784

I love participating in the invasions, they’re great fun. Yesterday’s took place in Fireheart Rise. It happened early evening (UK time.)

It would be great to have some idea about when the invasions are likely to start – and even better, if there could be a few more of them per day.

My guess, is that having the invasion events pop randomly, is to prevent players from just camping as they did for the Dragon events, etc. But, on the other hand, if ANet could just give us a hint about the times of invasions (not the locations) it would be great.

in Living World

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Yes, we need a leaker.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Living World

Posted by: Cherub.9785

Cherub.9785

As I have posted in the suggestion forum, I think that’d be one of those things that would be perfect to be shouted out by the city heralds.

in Living World

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I wish I could get rid of that stupid SAB message, and have the invasion message instead. I hate knowing that I’ll have clutter on my screen for a month telling me to visit some stupid minecraft/mario looking instance. At least the invasion messages told me something new each hour.

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

invasions are less frequent now, since the new update i’ve only seen two pop (one on the day sab launched and one last night). You just have to get lucky and be on when the message pops up. I read in map chat that they happen roughly every 4 hours, but i can’t confirm or deny this.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Living World

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I’m just bored now there’s only a few invasions…………..

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Living World

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Agreed

The game is kind of boring now that the invasions are so random that it’s very difficult to play in one.

Bleh….. That was so much fun and had so much going on that the SAB is just more bleh

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Yeah it pops up when one is happening.

| Lithia |

in Living World

crystalpink.2487

I just need a leaker to post the schedule that I can see on a website since I only login to the game to do dailies and invasion nowadays.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)

in Living World

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

A yellow message will appear in your chat box.

Example: “Scarlet’s minions are invading [location].”

Today I saw that but I thought that was a stupid way to show if there is an invasion. What if I leave my pc for a minute and miss the message? Too bad then?

They need to make it pop up on that orange event assisant and take out that SAB announcement when an invasion pops up. That way when I come back (within 10 minutes) I can see it’s up and participate in the event.

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Nothing should ever be announced in only the chat window. It’s too easy to miss while playing. I don’t read everything that’s going on in chat, especially if I’m in a dungeon. I hated it when we had to fight Canach and read our tiny chat window to know what was going on. Umm…on screen notifications or bring back the orange event assistant on the right hand side. It’d only be there for 10 mins a few times a day.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was in Mount Maelstrom doing my daily yesterday and an invasion came to Mount Maelstrom. It did in fact notify me across the screen, not just in the chat box.

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Talk about boring standing around LA waiting for a yellow announcement to pop up. And don’t blink because you will miss it. Why can’t they just give us some kind of schedule? Colin is this your idea of not waiting to have fun?

Keep your dungeons and fractals and adventure boxes and PvP. Just give us more invasions. Real stuff happening in the world not instances.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I suggested this in another thread, but I’ll suggest it again here.

Since it’s easy to miss the invasion “announcements”, could the heralds possibly have this information? It would seem to be in line with their purpose, after all.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Talk about boring standing around LA waiting for a yellow announcement to pop up. And don’t blink because you will miss it. Why can’t they just give us some kind of schedule? Colin is this your idea of not waiting to have fun?

Keep your dungeons and fractals and adventure boxes and PvP. Just give us more invasions. Real stuff happening in the world not instances.

And it’s even more boring now that there’s a longer wait time, every 4 hours or so ?

Yeah shove all the other stuff, give us invasions.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Living World

crystalpink.2487

Give us invasions with fixed times, so people can post the schedule on some websites.

I just found out there was an invasion event about 1.75 hours ago -.-;;;

in Living World

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Yeah SAB is meh & even bleh blah after Scarlets invasions and despite being on for quite some time the past few days I haven’t been able to get into an invasion, kinda sucks..

in Living World

Posted by: Quidam.4570

Quidam.4570

I’m getting ready to move, so I missed much of the content in the last Living World event ankitten ot crying that I will miss much of SAB. I liked what I did get to play with Scarlett and I hope to play more when I get settled.

I didn’t care for SAB when it rolled around the first time, but that’s what’s great about this game. I can do other things and not feel I’m being short changed.

in Living World

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

The game needs a build-in event tracker so players can find and track the event they want!

in Living World

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

invasions are less frequent now, since the new update i’ve only seen two pop (one on the day sab launched and one last night). You just have to get lucky and be on when the message pops up. I read in map chat that they happen roughly every 4 hours, but I can’t confirm or deny this.

I saw one on the evening of the patch, and three yesterday. Based on that very small sample, they seem to be spaced somewhat randomly, at between 3 and 4 hours. They’re definitely no longer tied to the hour – those four were, from memory, at roughly xx:10, xx:50, xx:15 and xx:30.

My big problem (as if it needs saying!) is that, if for any reason you don’t see the messages right away, and they’re not in your chat log (you logged on after the messages popped, say, or chat’s been very busy and they’ve scrolled off the top), you have no way of finding out whether an invasion’s going on, or where it is. Lots of good ideas in this thread and elsewhere on what would be useful; sounds like we don’t seem to have anything practical right now, though?

in Living World

crystalpink.2487

The game needs a build-in event tracker so players can find and track the event they want!

Yup.
Some other MMORPGs, even the browser ones, have in-game event tracker or even better in-game event schedules, so people can plan their gaming activities much better.

Anet needs to know that not everyone is in the game/online all the time.
Giving a totally random event that has become people’s favorite, such as this invasion event, is not a good idea.