How will we fight Mordremoth?

in Living World

Posted by: Gossett.4238

Gossett.4238

I have been wondering recently about how this will be achieved. Will it be an open world event like the Marionette, an instanced fight similar to finishing off Scarlet, or, dare I dream, a dungeon? I have no idea and was curious what you guys might think!

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Big Textbox……..

You see heavily injured Mordremorth

A) Kill Dragon
B) Maybe not right now
C) i have to talk to the group first

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Probably a combination of the two, thanks to farming issues.

Whichever way it goes, we’ll likely be using a ‘weapon’ of Scarlet’s design from near the end of LS Part 1.

(edit: 5/26/16 I was referring to the poison developed at the Nightmare Tower and/or mechanical forces. Turns out that was seriously wrong.)

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Airship, spam “2”.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Maybe steam weapons!

in Living World

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

OMG I hope he isn’t in a dungeon…Would feel very underwhelming like Zhaitan.

I hope the battle against Mordremoth is like the first Karka Queen,he running around and destroying mountains in his path while we catch up to him and injure him a bit,then he continues to destroy everything in his path until we catch up him again etc…until the last part,where he dies and his dead corpse instantly makes all the desert area in a huge forest

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

DEEPS!

kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Marionette and that drilling thing in Lion’s Arch. It does actually make sense to use robotics to fight a Dragon with supposed mental powers.

in Living World

Posted by: Adligaspgh.5492

Adligaspgh.5492

Airship, spam “2”.

im glad someone beat me to the punch.

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Mapwide fight against the dragon itself, with different groups focused on different body parts. On success, he sheds a good chunk of body, and retreats underground; that opens access to a new dungeon that covers the journey with Marjory to deliver the killing blow with the ghostblade.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Airship, spam “2”.

Or worse, the Pact drops the a giant grenade on him (no thanks to the PC).

I hope to God that neither event happens. I don’t want a repeat of Zhaitan (“Oh no! It’s confetti! My one weakness!”). I hate Arah story because it feels too much like a theme park ride. As soon as I heard that the Pact wants to bomb Mordremoth from the air, I cringed and remembered the Disneyland disaster that is Arah Story.

What I really want to see happen: The Pact airship attack fails (which sets up the PC for a true epic fight (PC with ground troops taking on Mordie). GW2 doesn’t have ship fights the way ArcheAge does. Ships in this game are static pieces of furnature instead of moving vehicles.

I also want to see Mordie attempt to corrupt the PC via visions and telepathic messages BEFORE we attack. Heck, I wish Mordie was attempting a mental attack on the PC right now.

Just my two cents.

(edited by kta.6502)

in Living World

Posted by: shaiya.7649

shaiya.7649

well , with A-net recentely hiring a RAID designer , and as im absolutely sure we wont even get to see Mordremoth with the end of this season , ill supose it will come with an expansion as a RAID fight , i also think we will have some fights versus him in the open world like the shatterer invasion back at the beta tests.
and seeing how the story is going at the moment , id say that the pact helped by the new dragon (glints baby or whatever it is) will do it , maybe also rytlock coming back with some special powers or the help of the mursaat or tengu if the xpac gets a new race .
Also , with all the amazing bossfights we are getting with the living story (please arena net , fix the old boss useless fights from release) im pretty sure the fight would be awesome .

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

No, the fight will be a modified karka queen fight: Skill 1 – throw egg

Greetings.

P.S. At least we will have a shiny egg. :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I think an open-world elder dragon (killed on schedule: 3 times daily) would also be underwhelming, if in a different way.

in Living World

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

I think it depends since we don’t know Mordremoth’s body format and its abilities, but it’s been hinted in-game that it uses some sort of mesmer magic; its way of corruption comprises the mind and plants and throughout the Labyrinth (new part of The Silverwastes) you can see the same illusionary butterflies in the atmosphere, though their colour is different (blue), and you can also notice the same gloomy effects from mesmer skills floating alongside the butterflies.

P.S.: Zhaitan uses necromancer’s skills, just remember that airship fight where Zhaitan cast wells all over the floor.

It’s all about THE COLORS