How would you make it Permanent?

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello everybody!

So in this thread, lets play a little game.

Think of all the chapters in the living story. Some you can bunch together if you’d like (the 3 months of Molten Alliance, Southsun, etc).

Now think of how you would have made them have a more permanent presence or impact in the world. Then post it here!

Ill start.

Molten Alliance- Put a place in Wayfarer foothills (since the plateau has the flame temple tombs) where it is the last remaining foothold of the Molten Alliance. It is a guarded area/stronghold where players can do a meta event to assault it with NPCs. Once you assault it in and fight a world boss/legendary, you open a way into a Flame Temple Weapons facility, the dungeon that will be added in the game as a fracal.

Southsun- I think the Queen was a nice touch. Would love the boss to be improved mechanics/combat wise (bit of a lag fest, scaling pre events, better rewards).

Dragonbash/Aetherblades- I would have liked that instead of the jumping puzzle, I would have done a mini dungeon. Instead of it just being jumping puzzles, it would be a mix of it all with a cool boss fight at the end. Mini dungeons are loads of more fun than jumping puzzles and are a lot less frustrating.

Bazaar of the Four Winds- I would have put in a traveling caravan of sorts that represents the Bazaar. They travel through the entire world stopping at a cool “underground” location each time. They sell a variety of wares, possibly special skins. They are allowed to do this, despite selling illegal items, because of the trade agreement with Lions Arc.

Queen’s Jubilee- They said they may make the Crowd Pavilion perm. If they do this, it will be great. I think that would be the best idea.

Ok guys, your turn!

in Living World

Posted by: Jeffery.3106

Jeffery.3106

Id agree with the queens jubilee, gw2 needs a grind now and that’s exactly what it provides. If they remove it I hope that there will be a place to make more than the average 3-5g an hour.

in Living World

Posted by: pelto.7345

pelto.7345

i wouod have definetly mad the flame and frost dungeon permanent that wuz fun stuff

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

i wouod have definetly mad the flame and frost dungeon permanent that wuz fun stuff

Yeah the Molten Alliance was my favorite faction/story arc. Took place in some of my favorite zones. It had some really cool looking enemies.

in Living World

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

I missed all the previous events so I couldn’t say how they should work. I see no issue with leaving the current Queen’s Jubilee event in, mostly as is, permanently. They could remove the chests from the balloon towers and make the events that lock them less common (like every 30-60 minutes instead of every 30 seconds). I think they fit into the maps and gameplay fine in most cases, and the events don’t really disturb anything. The Pavilion is in it’s own instance, there’s no reason to remove or change it, though they might want to tone down the difficulty of the enemies and event bosses after the next event comes out since there will likely be far fewer players participating.

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

There is no reason for any of the F&F stuff to have been removed. If it was still there, the game would have been better.

Same for the southsun content, Aetherblade Content and Super Adventure Box. No reason for the Etherites to be away now. The exact content implemented shouldn’t have been removed without any alterations. Only some cleaning up or putting it in a story tree, that should have been all.

The festivals and maybe the election should have been removed, that goes without saying.

A lot of very interesting content has been removed. This has devalued the content instead of making it more appealing.

Jump the shark. Re-activate the F&F, Southsun, Aetherblade and Zephyrites for two weeks. Do a poll afterwards. Cleaning up of the UI is for early 2014.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: FuryShadow.5071

FuryShadow.5071

There is no reason for any of the F&F stuff to have been removed. If it was still there, the game would have been better.

Same for the southsun content, Aetherblade Content and Super Adventure Box. No reason for the Etherites to be away now. The exact content implemented shouldn’t have been removed without any alterations. Only some cleaning up or putting it in a story tree, that should have been all.

The festivals and maybe the election should have been removed, that goes without saying.

A lot of very interesting content has been removed. This has devalued the content instead of making it more appealing.

Jump the shark. Re-activate the F&F, Southsun, Aetherblade and Zephyrites for two weeks. Do a poll afterwards. Cleaning up of the UI is for early 2014.

Never said it better. I have played some of the Living world content, the first Southsun event, three parts of F&F, but the last ones, the return to Southsun, the Bazaar of four winds, etc… I miss them. Due to RL issues and I couldnt play GW2 during the running time of those events. I wish to make permanent some ones like the ones mentioned above. This way players who missed them, or even players who taste them and like it can still enjoy of this content.

I agree that this could make the game even more appealing to players that already have it, and even more to new players wanting to buy it and wanting to play all the content released.

I know there are other MMOs in which the developers cut content after events, but why should GW2 be like that? after all we are playing this game that I believe will be the best MMO of his time cuz it is be different. Or isnt it?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I believe that the open world content should have disappeared (no Periscopes, Balloons, Zephyrite Baskets cluttering up the world, for instance), anything that took place in instances or new maps could have stayed, perhaps through a “Flashback” NPC that sits in your Home District.

For example, after defeating the Molten Alliance, you can go back to your Home District and speak to your Herald (yes, that guy!), who offers to let you hear the story he’s been writing of your adventures. You can choose a specific “chapter”, and doing so takes you and your party into an instance where you can repeat the content, allowing you to continue to get rewards if desired.

While the Zephyr Sanctum itself may have departed, the Labyrithine Cliffs itself could have remained as an explorable map. Due to the trade agreement, a few Zephyrites have chosen to remain in the cliffs, allowing access to the Sanctum Sprint and other mini-games, as well as a few Quartz nodes. (Unlike the Home Instance node, these ones have no chance to drop Charged Quartz.)