How would you rate this update?

in Living World

Posted by: Kattami.2084

Kattami.2084

I’ve been looking around the forums, and I’m seeing a lot of negative feedback. Some of the big things I’ve seen are dissapointment over Scarlet’s involvement in fractals, outrage over Human light T3 being available as a gem store skin, and a lot of mixed opinions over the sylvari cultural armor, which has once again had its textures and colors changed. So overall, on a 1 to 10 scale, 1 being awful and 10 being amazing, how would you guys rate this update?

My opinions are below, so skip my ranting if you want, but be sure to share your ratings!

Personally, I’d give it a 3/10. Scarlet being behind it all once again is just…ugh. We had a chance to learn something new and interesting with this fractal, but no. Scarlet did it. Again.The new gem store armors annoy me as well, not just because they rehashed the human T3, but because once again we get gem store exclusive armor, that like many other sets, is on fire. We have a ton of gear with a fire theme, why do we need more? And honestly are we ever going to get new skins that aren’t tied to the gem store? I can’t even remember ever getting a new, full set of armor that didn’t cost gems.

The change to sylvari cultural armor is what personally annoyed me the most though. I spent a ton of gold outfitting my sylvari, only to log on today to find her looking MUCH worse. This has happened before, anet. I get that a lot of people complained, and changes were made to get the old looks back. I understand that a lot of people like how it is now. But please, in a game so heavily focused on aesthetics, don’t just change how a sets textures and dye scheme work so suddenly like that. Changing it again hasn’t pleased everyone, it’s just aggravated a new group of people.

The one good thing to me, and the only thing that earned this update a 3/10, is the new gvg arena. Finally we have an area without bloodlust, allowing us to have legitimate duels and gvgs. Yeah there’s people trolling in it, but that’s just people, I can’t entirely blame anet for that one.

I love GW2. I really do. I’ve played since the first week it released and have had a blast doing so. But I mean, lately…there’s new mmos on the horizon, anet. They’re gradually starting to look more and more appealing.

Seeki of [CORE]
Isle of Janthir

in Living World

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

6/10 a few to many bugs for something that was supposed to be a major update but it comes in over 5 for me because of the obsidian sanctum and new fractals as well as a few needed revamps.

in Living World

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I was kinda excited but I rate it 0/10 to many poor decisions and destroyed lore. That’s skipping over the fact they didnt give people anything for there lost fractal level’s.

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d give this update a 6. I like the new fractals, and I like what they’ve done with some of the tweaks, particularly being able to see easily what rarity something is in your inventory. That’s a very nice quality of life update that I didn’t expect.

But the rehashed skins on the trading post, combined with the silly inability to respawn in the fractal on launch, and yes, even Scarlet showing up….I don’t know. I was hoping for one Scarlet free installment.

Unless they pull a real rabbit out of the hat with the ending, that’s just going too far.

in Living World

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m not going to give it a rating but I don’t mind it. Since I don’t do fractals I’m going to have a break from Living Story matters and just level my alts.

Ok I’ll rate it: 6. I’m not terribly impressed with the reskinning of cultural armour. 4 points off.

edit: 5.9. Nobody had posted when I started and then I become the third 6 by the time I press reply! Stupid work getting in the way…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

In a word….buggy.

Want to enjoy it, but I keep getting blocked by bugs!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’d rate it..

Completely underwhelming and disappointing in every possible way.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Living World

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

0/10, and I would never rate any other update below 5/10. That’s because until today no other update has single handedly destroyed a pillar of the game. Sure some updates might be boring, but at least they never actively sabotaged the existing game.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Living World

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

9/10 best update so far. Finally some attention to fractal runners.

in Living World

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Zero
/15 chars

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Living World

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

-10/10
This update will turn off a lot of players, even fanboys crying on reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I rate the new update extremely low. It kittenING kill Fractal for me when they added in Scarlet. I don’t think I would do Fractal in the future if she exist in there.

in Living World

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

3/10 most recycle stuff, best thing was that final boss on new asura fractal.
no pvp legendary, no balance, no new skins, no pvp rewards, no asceneded gear, no revamped precursor, fotm was just some slight tweaks with recycle event dungeons and bosses.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

2/10.
I’m usually not such a downer, and maybe I will change my mind after a few days, when the disappointment wears off.
I don’t want to talk about all the negative points of this update, I’m tired of complaining about them. Therefore, I will talk about the only things I liked:
Knowing that we will soon be able to get Grenth Hood and already being able to try it on through the PvP skin locker was great. I love the skin, even if none of my characters will use it (it doesn’t fit them).
It is nice to be able to show the rarity of the items on the bag. So colorful and helpful!

That’s it. I either disliked or didn’t care for everything else.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

I understand the complaints about the patch but I have honestly enjoyed it so far. I think it needs a bit of polish because I have had to restart a fractal because the Aetherblade fractal is bugged and doesn’t always finish after the end boss. It was very frustrating and if there are trying to get fresh meat into fractals it is not a good first impression. The T3 human armor update is really lazy and not well thought out, actually all of the new armor sets are lazy but that one is shady. Wow I was going to praise this update but my fingers went on a rant of negativity. Now that I have thought more about it i’ll give this update a 6.5 out of 10. Fix the bugs and get on the damage control about the T3 light human armor and I would rank this update at a 9 out of 10

Fort Aspenwood

in Living World

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

-10/10

semi- quit

Dota 2 all the way

in Living World

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

0/10.
Nothing that concerns me or any content that I will be doing, so for me it’s a non update.

in Living World

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Check back game/forums/notes once every 2 weeks
Nothing to see here for another round
Back to PoE

To expand a little: they had few tasks to fulfill withing this patch to be done properly.
Not a single one looks to be actually decently done.
-Story/Lore: Scarlet stuffed for no apparent reason aside “It’s Scarlet so she can” in the Reactor Fractal. Not that i care that much about the reactor piece of lore tbh, but turning it in another “Scarlet did it” thing…just, no.
-fractal updates: there are so many wrong things that it would require multiple other threads (and there are, in the LS section). Namely: new AR system, stages not fixed at all both in terms of playtrough (even made more frustrating – see dredge) or bugs (new and old stages alike), the whole leaderboards farsa, the reset…
-T3 Human armor on TP: this just have been the cherry on top, out of nowhere. Again, not that i really care about it, but it’s just low and cheap. That said i guess it’s too late to undo it. I’d like at least to have some equity at this point and see all cultural tiers/weights/races being treated in a similar way. But the fact of seeing, another time, all the design efforts (in terms of “new armor styles”) being shipped trough CashShop rather than giving up actual gameplay rewards is disappointing, even if foreseeable.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Living World

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

0/10

They reset the PvP leader boards without actually fixing a single one of the issues that made them completely meaningless to begin with.

I hate fraggals.

I hate Scarlet anywhere, but 10x more in a fraggal.

I hate ANet dropping a Cleveland Steamer on human scholars, especially those who wanted to get to rank 80 in sPvP to wear cultural some day. That’s something that still hasn’t been done 15 months into the game, so to take a dump on that achievement and give the same thing to every rank 1 newb with a credit card is horse kitten.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Living World

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

-10/10
This update will turn off a lot of players, even fanboys crying on reddit.

Im one of them, i m trying not to complain as much as i can, but this wasnt what i was expecting – 4/10

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in Living World

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

5/10, assuming Fast Hands bug fix works.

in Living World

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

4/10 it gave me something to do for 45 minutes. The only thing I can say is that the final boss fight in the story mode was probably the most interesting boss ive fought in the game since I got it. I would hope that the complexity in the way you have to fight a boss (while not hard, but keeps you on your toes) is a trend that continues. Other then that the story was weak, and you also lost a ton of points for putting scarlet in yet another completely non sense living story.

in Living World

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’m going to be fair here and give it an 8.5/10. The actual content is solid and I did not experience any of the bugs people are whining about, and the only reason it’s down from 10/10 is because I’ve had to listen to these people cry over spilt milk all day. Guess what? I had an intellectual conversation with several human t3 owners and have it on my mesmer myself, and I don’t feel devalued at all. The original is still just that, and the gem shop armor just doesn’t carry the same prestige. Congrats on spending $10 for your armor, everyone. I’m happy that you’re satisfied, and it doesn’t bug me one bit until we’re in some backward universe where cheaper > original, more expensive as far as “wow” factors go.

in Living World

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

9/10

Overall I think it’s a smashing success. The only thing is the new agony resistance does not seem very intuitive, had to go read up on how it actually works.

I’ve been running fractals all day and having a blast and getting great loots. Good parties too, people in game are really enthused about it

in Living World

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

2/10

2 because they at least tried to improve fractals. Not more because the annoying dredge fractal remains… annoying.

Otherwise uninteresting. Especially the LS part which I was mildly interested in gets annoying now, nearly as annoying as the dredge fractal, only in a different way.

in Living World

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

4/10 – Now.

I used to like Fractals since Dec, till I got tired of it. Probably over 600 done by now. Not because its bad content.

Did the story on this update. Then I realised, there’s no more reason to run or play any more of the contents, as its mainly built/designed to be very annoying.

For example the Bazaar of Four Winds & 2012’s Halloween is better than this year’s update.

Arena. Could you please slow down on the update and not push junk out. Quality not Quantity.

One of the main reason why I don’t feel like playing anymore is because, there’s nothing much to Gw2. My characters are all max out. Grind and play for more skins and face annoying contents, like flashing screens all over that will make you blind.

It’s only annoying contents (at least some are decently not that bad).

Summary, we have only been getting Frustrating Contents so far. Get it ?

(edited by UmbraVictor.9842)

in Living World

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Not worth rating in my opinion. The T3 cultural armor selling is through the line. Seriously, whose idea was that? As a developer it’s clearer than the sky it’d cause an outrage and ppl are right. Why not sell dungeon armor in gem store then?or basically anything. I don’t like the direction Anet has taken and is kitten ing me off. I’m thinking about stopping playing, but what does it matter in case of B2P MMO? They already got my money( I even spent in the gem store, guess I shouldn’t have spent that on this game)

in Living World

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

9/10 – I actually like the Thaumanova reactor fractal despite all the Scarlet hate. Last boss was pretty fun.

in Living World

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

I absolutely HATE the riddle/puzzle part of dungeons and fractals.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Did not even try it yet.

More random fractals? I will have to go through stuff over a year old to maybe see the new stuff? More RNG (fractal RNG so to say) just to see the new content?

More Scarlet? I will just take a break for this update. The last time I did so, I didn’t come back for about half a year though…

in Living World

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

My experience with this update so far has been 2+ hours of time wasted in a story instance not one group I was in has been able to figure out and complete, with lots of logging out and back in to be ressed by kind folks in Lion’s Arch.

I’m not sure what number that translates to, but it’s pretty small.

in Living World

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

9/10 – I actually like the Thaumanova reactor fractal despite all the Scarlet hate. Last boss was pretty fun.

thats mainly why i gave it a six taumanova anomaly is just a total Bad a.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

1/10

Removing exclusive T3 Cultural Armor. (And choosing only to screw over Human Light users and no one else. My Ele, Mesmer and Necromancer thank you. Thanks.)

Forcing new players to play end fractals much harder than Jade Maw. (Have had to end 7 runs before completion because of the new bosses, as opposed to Maw which it was possibly to help bad players finish.)

Scarlet. (I really liked Scarlet, now I’m starting to question what I liked about her.)

New Infused Rings have an empty slots.

New Agony Resist infusions are TRADE POST-ABLE. Thanks Anet.

Too many bugs to describe, ever.

Human Females now run like MEN. Thanks. If I wanted a Male Human character, I’d have MADE one myself.

Almost forgot. Thaumanova Reactor. How much time was spent on this? Neat mechanics, but a single tiny room?

In fact one of the few pluses for this entire update:

Thaumanova Boss Fight. That was amazing, most else, eh. I’ll wait for next update before logging in much.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Living World

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

2/10

Where to start…

Buggy content. -Story was bugged, and the fractals themselves are bugged. QA needs to do more testing. From working in QA I know that things fall through the cracks, I know that sometimes when it leaves your hands and gets deployed something goes wrong. But this update has a lot of wrong in it.

Gem store- re-skinned armor all around. My opinion the Gem store’s been getting worse for a while this is just more of the same. It’s in a downward spiral now. Winters day patch will continue on with more of the same.

GVG arena: Glad they added it. You know what it’s currently full of? Not guilds but people ganking people. Think you might go spectate a GVG match? Think again. In time this will sort itself out I am sure, just another reason to avoid that puzzle.

Scarlet and the Story: Well it is what it is. You couldn’t leave her out of it? Had to just shoehorn her in there? What is worse is the story is actually good, but she just ruins and overshadows it all. Scarlet did it. Of course she did…

What can I say. This patch wasn’t overly exciting to me from the get go. To be honest it’s been several patches since I’ve been happy with the content at all. I was excited for the story and soon as I seen someone else play it and seen her I didn’t even bother to log in.

Poor 2 week content patches with no sight of a good one in the future has simply compiled for me. I log in, do dailies make sure I have all those APs and then log out. Season 1 is over in WVW and there simply isn’t anything else to do. Every content patch is more of the same.

What makes it worse is that it’s all written in stone. This patch started development back in August and AN is unwilling to change their 2 week content to neither test it for bugs or amend the story in anyway. So there seem to be 2 options.

1: Ride it out. Grin and bear it.

2: Stop playing.

The more I try to do #1 the more it drives me to #2.

in Living World

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

1/10

The Fractured changes are great…

The fire armors are pushing me away from the game.

The game just doesn’t look like the one I bought and I certainly don’t like this Wow copycat. At least in wow flashy armors had a concept from where you get it (like CoF armor here) but this flame bla bla armors and all other new glowy skins are absolutely pulled out of the hat. Stupid stadistics that shows a trend in players buying flashy skins ¬¬

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

in Living World

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I’d say 3/10 the T3 fiasco is annoying.. Scarlet.. the lack of anything meaningful being added to the game. I did buy the heavy gem armor, it’s nice but then realized the chest piece is terrible looking and they should have changed more about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

0/10 cuz of the t3 human is given to all some people like me picked borring human for that armor only and this is massive slap in the face GG Wp

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

10/10 best update so far! Can do fractals again good story (and getting people new to fractals involved) and t3 is available to even my norn now. The less human-centric this game, the better.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I absolutely HATE the riddle/puzzle part of dungeons and fractals.

I’m with you brother.

These dungeons are too complicated for me. I just want to hack on bad guys, sigh why does every dungeon have to have some sort of puzzle?

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

3/10:

+1 for show rarity feature. This is the kind of quality of life improvement that we should be getting every month if not every content update.
+1 for new fractals
+1 for account based fractal levels

-1 for the not addressing the issues with the dredge fractal being too long and tedious, also, Mai Trinn is just as ridiculous as I remembered her.
-2 for human t3 cultural armor being sold on the gemstore. Selling armor that costs alot of in game gold and thus, time, in a gemstore where you can exchange gold for gems is a bad thing.
-4 for Scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

-/10. No opinion. Not a fractal fan, so I’m just pretending there’s just a longer lapse between updates.

in Living World

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I won’t give number scores.

Changes to fractals

• So far I’m enjoying them. Still haven’t done the story mode. Only new fractal I’ve tried yet was the aetherblade boss (Mai Trin). That one was a very interesting fight. Getting better rewards at the end was also satisfying. I also like what the mistlock instabilities are in theory, but being at level 7, it’s going to take me forever until I get them, unfortunately. Conclusion: I’m intrigued, will play fractals some more, but I’m not sure if I have the patience to grind 20+ fractal levels to get my first taste on mistlock instabilities.

New Gem Skins

• Uninspired, lazy, cheap. Cliché flaming particle effects randomply placed on existing skins. There’s some interesting gem armor, but sometimes Anet seems to go the easy way out and spam them with christmas trees effects. More money to Anet, less world immersion to the game. Tyria felt like a world in GW1, and it feels like an (experimental) commercial product in GW2. Using T3 skins was also disrespectful to the fans and the game itself. There’s no ethical nor artistic integrity behind those changes. Makes the game feel less like a game and more like a scam at times. Anet seriously needs to improve on this.

Scarlet

• This almighty powerful being who came out of nowhere also happens to be everywhere and behind everything. With some “mwhaha I’m not a good girl” dialogue inbetween. Long lost is the lore of the guild wars universe. The interesting and complex interaction between different factions with different political or magical backgrounds. The mystery and majesty of the mursaat, the abandonement of the human gods, the ancient dragons awakening, the ironic destiny of dredges who were once saved from enslavement by humans and are now fighting them. Everything. Everything that is/ was interesting in Tyria is being forgotten or ignored. The entire world now revolves around the writers’ new favourite and adourable pet, and in turn it doesn’t feels like a world anymore. Tyria is being re-shaped around a character that the playerbase can’t even like. Classic example where it seems like the writers are treating their favourite characters like their own kids, spoilering them by re-shaping the entire content around those characters, at the cost of everything else.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

ArenaNet must get their kitten together.

Stop with the 2 weeks update, and go back to 1 month or more. Clearly they aren’t able to release good enough content within just 2 weeks. They need more time.

in Living World

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

2/10

I don’t like fractals, so more of them does nothing for me.
Ascended backpacks no longer being linked to fractals is good, but should have never been that way to begin with.
Easiest way to get an ascended weapon – run fractals for the bonus chest – just to rub in the whole ascended back and ring garbage in one last time.
I like the flame armors (all 3).
The Sylvari texture change jacked up one of my characters.
Updating the tri-key chest at this point is too little, too late.
Human female run change is awful.

in Living World

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Final straw/10 – Now will just be a forum warrior to see how things go while I look for something else.

in Living World

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

yea its great the the fractal runners got their progress reset to 30 and got zero compensation for their hard work /sarcasm

in Living World

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

Well, seeing as how I’m on the verge of quitting the game I’d say it’s not ranking too highly on the list.

in Living World

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

yea its great the the fractal runners got their progress reset to 30 and got zero compensation for their hard work /sarcasm

It’s a completely new experience, it doesn’t make any sense to keep levels at 50, you already got rewards from doing those levels, so you lost nothing. Honestly, I wouldn’t complain much even if they reset all levels to 1.

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

4/10

Mainly due to loads and loads of bugs! Making it very hard to play!

The Tower on the other hand 8.5/10…

Different design teams…so that’s why content goes good, bad, indifferent…also no quality control…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

-11/10 because Scarlet.

Yes, I went to negative eleven.