I can't believe there is another Festival

in Living World

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

With all these festivals going on you almost forget there are a bunch of ultra-powerful dragons trying to destroy the world.

in Living World

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

I wouldn’t call this a festival, in the sense that we will see it return year on year. It’s not common to celebrate 11years of a monarch’s rule – perhaps Jennah might have a 15 or 20yr Jubilee celebration, if she is still in power? But I’m doubtful this will be a regular event on the Tyrian calendar.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

I wouldn’t call this a festival, in the sense that we will see it return year on year. It’s not common to celebrate 11years of a monarch’s rule – perhaps Jennah might have a 15 or 20yr Jubilee celebration, if she is still in power? But I’m doubtful this will be a regular event on the Tyrian calendar.

I do realize that it’s not recurring festival. But still it’s another celebration, festival or whatever… It’s not an epic battle against hordes of centaurs attacking walls of Divinities Reach… It’s just another party. I know it’s going to probably go wrong. So we will get among few mini games (they are just going to be open world now) short instanced mission where someone dies. And after that… Back to searching for kite baskets, holograms and effigies… Again…

(edited by HiddenNick.7206)

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

With all these festivals going on you almost forget there are a bunch of ultra-powerful dragons trying to destroy the world.

Could be wrong, but I believe during World War 2 there were lots of festivals thrown about even with most of the world being in turmoil.

People don’t stop celebrating just because there is a war next door.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Well.. I have to agree with Op. With the probably incoming Haloween festival, and certainly Wintersday, have one more festival just now is a little boring.

The only things I’ve liked is the new game-contents as the wallets and the others.. but about the chapter itself.. meh… I’m being tired of this.

I really want back the time we had to kill a magestral and world-wide legendary boss (Ancient karka). Anet is falling each more in a wrong way, in my opinion.

in Living World

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

You guys do realize this is the anniversary festival right? like 1 year of GW2? Did you really expect something different?

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

It feels more like an in-game excuse for the GW2 anniversary than another festival.

I doubt they’re going to have every release be the third act of a Michael Bay movie.

in Living World

Posted by: Impact.6213

Impact.6213

You guys do realize this is the anniversary festival right? like 1 year of GW2? Did you really expect something different?

Heres the problem with that thought… This content it coming out on August 6th. Guild wars 2 was released August 28th. So it has nothing to do with the release of guild wars 2. Im sure the following content update will be another festival for that landmark. Im sure that festival will also we followed up with the back to school festival for all the minors…. Mini Notebooks I can’t wait….

in Living World

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Yup, another festival.

I am actually fairly pleased with much of the stuff coming with the new patch, except for the fact that once again the mini games don’t really interest me but I will most likely want the new weapons so I’ll have to play them endlessly to earn the millions of tokens (probably hidden behind some RNG stuff) needed for each weapon I want.

Sorry about the bitterness here – I’m just a bit fed up with this stuff. Heck, shove it in the gem store and I’ll buy it outright, but don’t hide it behind other stuff that makes me spend a ton of money in the gem store anyway like the Black Lion Keys (at least be up front and honest with what you’re doing).

in Living World

Vahkris.6847

Heres the problem with that thought… This content it coming out on August 6th. Guild wars 2 was released August 28th. So it has nothing to do with the release of guild wars 2. Im sure the following content update will be another festival for that landmark. Im sure that festival will also we followed up with the back to school festival for all the minors…. Mini Notebooks I can’t wait….

This is likely a month long again, like Dragon Bash and Bazaar of the Four Winds, so it would have to be here and not on the 28th.

There may be another release that adds/prepares for the actual date, but it’s pretty obvious this is the backdrop for the GW2 anniversary.

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I want to be surprised, I want someone to dethrone Queen Jennah and wage a dark era for at least 3 or so living story chapters. Please bring a bit of destruction or cold war to spice things up a little, SURPRISE US!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Highwinter.3190

Highwinter.3190

I’m definitely not pleased that we seem to be getting nothing but more minigames and fluff with this content, but the quality of life features sound really fantastic and at a guess, I’d assume they’re at least building up to something bigger happening, like what we saw happen with the Aetherblades at the Dragon Festival.

I don’t think Rox and Braham are just randomly in the logo for no reason.

in Living World

Valento.9852

OMG! Highwinter, you made me wonder… ARE THEY GOING TO BUILD A FAMOUS kitten GUILD LIKE DESTINY’S EDGE? o_o

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

It’s coming out the 6th but its the content for the month of August. It’s likely that the first bit will be prep work and whatnot but that the actual celebration, and any ceremonies will come on the anniversary

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Living World

Posted by: notorious bob.2061

notorious bob.2061

Sick and tired of more mini-games for achievements crap. Capping my Black Widow in GW1’s UW was an achievement. Playing silly little games of capture the flag simply isn’t. GW2 running out of steam for me.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It feels more like an in-game excuse for the GW2 anniversary than another festival.

I doubt they’re going to have every release be the third act of a Michael Bay movie.

When was the last time a release was a Michael Bay movie? We just spent a month wasting time with an election.

in Living World

darkace.8925

Sick and tired of more mini-games for achievements crap. Capping my Black Widow in GW1’s UW was an achievement. Playing silly little games of capture the flag simply isn’t. GW2 running out of steam for me.

The really bad part is how disproportionate the achievement points for the mindless “click F 150 times” temporary stuff is compared to real achievements. A perfect example is Paper Dragon (destroy 150 dragon pinatas) being worth more Achievement Points than earning/equipping three – yes three – Legendary weapons. That’s absurd.

in Living World

Valento.9852

The really bad part is how disproportionate the achievement points for the mindless “click F 150 times” temporary stuff is compared to real achievements. A perfect example is Paper Dragon (destroy 150 dragon pinatas) being worth more Achievement Points than earning/equipping three – yes three – Legendary weapons. That’s absurd.

Awarding more achiev. points for legendary is completely kitten , that’s as silly as giving away 50 points for each HoM achievement (yes, this won’t likely be erased from game history ever).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

darkace.8925

Awarding more achiev. points for legendary is completely kitten , that’s as silly as giving away 50 points for each HoM achievement (yes, this won’t likely be erased from game history ever).

Care to explain how pressing F 150 times in a city, where there are no hostile mobs, is more of an accomplishment than 100% world completion, ~950,000 karma, 120+ gold, 250 of each T6 material, 350+ etcos, a hard-to-obtain precursor, and a bunch of other requirements?

in Living World

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Before you assume that you won’t be fighting horses of monsters or face difficult challenges, I urge you to try the content when it releases. Just because its a festival doesn’t mean we’re telling the same story or using the same type of content.

in Living World

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

Before you assume that you won’t be fighting horses of monsters..

Horses of monsters!

in Living World

Posted by: TDC.1627

TDC.1627

Before you assume that you won’t be fighting horses of monsters or face difficult challenges, I urge you to try the content when it releases. Just because its a festival doesn’t mean we’re telling the same story or using the same type of content.

OMG Horses!!! Confirmation we are getting mounts!!! LOL :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Lysander Freeman.4186

Lysander Freeman.4186

It’s a problem of importance… hierarchy… priority, whatever you want to call it. Each update seems to have the same level of importance. After doing a couple in a row you start wondering “is this one really worth spending the time on?”

My interest in dailies is diminished and my Legendary quest is on hold. Please wake me when the Big One really comes worth all the hoopla…

If there’s something that has meat in it that has lasting value and fun re-playable content then I’ll clear some time for it. If not, there are other things to do.

P.S. I do think it’s nice that you keep aiming high with your efforts. It’s just a bit too much for some of us who aren’t plugged in all the time. I’m sure things will find a more player-friendly pace eventually.

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I will definitely be trying it out, and I’m sure I will be here to express my thoughts (hopefully I’m mindblown,) about the update. I will go in with an open mind and try and welcome every piece your team has given us.

The way the page was expressed in a “Festive, Jolly” way, just deemed it in a manner of being another mini gamed packed festival. No disrespect intended

in Living World

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

OK but it is time to probably stop having festivals. I mean we are coming up on Halloween again shortly.

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

You don’t tell stories. You mumble half sentences that lack context and punctuation.

Why would I want to give this festival a chance when I have been severely let down by every single content patch thus far?

in Living World

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Sorry, typos. Hordes* of monsters, not horses.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Tsk, and here I was thinking the centaurs invade DR en masse, Anthony.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Personally, I don’t mind the festivals. If anything, I’m really looking forward to Wintersday again, when I could buy my precious kitty Charr kitty a dress!

The world is gloomy. After spending my endgame in Zombie Ville and a boiling cave of Flames, I just want to return to return to a city of estivals.

in Living World

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I don’t think this is the event to celebrate 1 year of Guild Wars 2. Don’t forget this is releasing in the first week of August, 2 living story patches a month, there will be another before the Anniversary.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

in Living World

Posted by: Sigmatics.7056

Sigmatics.7056

You don’t tell stories. You mumble half sentences that lack context and punctuation.

Why would I want to give this festival a chance when I have been severely let down by every single content patch thus far?

Then don’t try it if they’re letting you down so much. There’s seriously something wrong with you if no patch so far was compelling to you, maybe this isn’t the game for you.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

Then don’t try it if they’re letting you down so much. There’s seriously something wrong with you if no patch so far was compelling to you, maybe this isn’t the game for you.

Dude… They tell their stories on a… WEB SITE! They expect us to spend time searching for kites and holograms! And reward us with cakes and fireworks… More then half of their content has NOTHING to do with the game mechanics. All of this must be considered a let down given the fact that the game suppose to be about fighting dragons!

Your blind…

(edited by HiddenNick.7206)

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Expectations.
Yours differ from mine.

That is all.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Awww… I wanted horses, big ones whose mighty neigh alone is enough to strike terror into our hearts.

in Living World

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

“For The Horde”?

in Living World

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Trust is a funny thing. If you lose it, it’s almost impossible to restore it.

Seize the day.

in Living World

Posted by: notorious bob.2061

notorious bob.2061

It’s been the same stuff over and over again so far, so why should we expect it to change. “politics” took it to the extreme of forcing players to play mini-games to get the achievements which is nonsense. I simply don’t want to be forced to play mini-games or PvP style arenas – that’s not new content – it’s just rehashing king of the hill and capture the flag.

Right now, GW2 isn’t a sequel to Guild Wars – it’s a poor shadow of it’s progenitor.

in Living World

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

there are a bunch of ultra-powerful dragons trying to destroy the world.

o really…. how original /yawn

in Living World

Posted by: Nilanil.4721

Nilanil.4721

Horses of monsters!

Probably centaurs…

in Living World

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

HORSE MONSTERS CONFIRMED!

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Horses of monsters!

Probably centaurs…

Centaurs on horses!

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hmm. This content is occurring in August. The game launched late last August. Anniversary event?

in Living World

Vahkris.6847

It’s very likely the backdrop for it…or rather, the in-game explanation for the celebration. The August 20th release will probably have the specific GW2 anniversary stuff for players, whatever that might be (if anything).

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

It’s very likely the backdrop for it…or rather, the in-game explanation for the celebration. The August 20th release will probably have the specific GW2 anniversary stuff for players, whatever that might be (if anything).

Pretty excited to see what we get. First character was created within first 30 seconds of game

in Living World

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

kittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaMunky.6302:

HORSE MONSTERS CONFIRMED!

sorry, but:

Horses – H
H means hydrogen, H is in H2O, so it’s also a life. LIFE – L.
Horses of monsters – 3 words

HL3 – Half-Life 3 confirmed!

in Living World

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

horses

MOUNTS CONFIRMED!!

Seriously now, even if it eventually sucks (which I doubt), at least I know there’s still a game being made, at least by your team. Thanks for that. /bow

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I didn’t see Bazaar as a festival. It was a big event sure, a gathering of traders, but I wouldnt’ call it a festival…not like Dragon Bash was. The upcoming, yeah it’s a festival. Its the 1 yr game anniv, of course they are going to have a festival. Doesn’t mean it won’t be interesting.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Dude… They tell their stories on a… WEB SITE! They expect us to spend time searching for kites and holograms! And reward us with cakes and fireworks… More then half of their content has NOTHING to do with the game mechanics. All of this must be considered a let down given the fact that the game suppose to be about fighting dragons!

Your blind…

I think a lot of the “content” that has nothing to do with game mechanics are symptoms of pushing out updates every two weeks but not having enough time to design something more substantial. A dungeon like the Aetherblade Retreat or Molten Facility required a lot more time to make than randomly placing “press ‘f’ key” objects around the world and tacking on an achievement for them. I bet a lot of players spent far more time pressing the f key next to holograms than they did in the Aetherblade Retreat.

It’s also why we are getting so many jumping puzzle and mini dungeon achievements. They create the illusion of more content despite not adding anything new.

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Yes, I can’t imagine it’s really possible to crank out deep quality content in two weeks’ time, at least not consistently. In a way, the people who power through new content much faster than intended and then complain that there’s nothing to do get what they “deserve” with these shallow, gimmicky and impersonal updates. It’s just sad that those of us with more patience get the same. I’d be more than happy with (for example) quarterly content patches if they offered some depth, permanent content and room for my own character instead of making it solely about the NPCs. Pirates, parties, gimmick PvP and random gambling don’t interest in the first place and by now have long overstayed their welcome.