I don't have anything to wear for the party

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

You know what would avoid suspicion? An appropriate attire for the event. I mean, who would trust someone that looks like this (1st picture)? Or worse: like that (2nd picture; might as well have cursed a child to eternal sleep)… I wish we had more “town clothes”-esque outfits like the nobles are wearing. Considering my human mesmer is a noble too. No wonder they don’t trust me.

Anyway, what did you wear to the party?

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The town clothes don’t really look appropriate for that sort of party either.

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

The town clothes don’t really look appropriate for that sort of party either.

Yea the default townclothes (tonic ones) are for commoners.I don’t have the heritage armor sadly, I think it’s the closest we have so far appropriate for an event like this.

in Living World

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Hey as long as the queen of the moors was invited it should be fine.:P Well there a upcoming outfit looks like noble warrior ish. I went with ancestral outfit which is pretty fancy enough I guess.

Attachments:

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

(edited by Lordphantomhive.1256)

in Living World

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Exactly my thought as soon as I was introduced as the Commander of the Pact…in my dusty armor fresh from a Dry Top sand storm. I should have a special dress ceremonial Commander of the Pact outfit. And LOL even in my armor and weapons some silly human noble mistakes me as a server! Silly Humans!

TC

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i wore this to the party and no one would talk to me  q_q

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

Well I wouldn’t talk to the pizza delivery guy either. :/

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

I was actually a lot more concerned about my human noble being ignored by Anise right at the start of the whole silly event. Proper clothes or no, but if you’re gonna be all gushy and pleasant to Kasmeer re: her nobility status you want her to have back, you need to at least acknowledge my own nobility status at the start of the whole thing too.

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

While not the screenshot of the event itself, this is basically what I wore. I’d like my fanservice sometimes.

Attachments:

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Wanderer.3248

While not the screenshot of the event itself, this is basically what I wore. I’d like my fanservice sometimes.

Oh hey, the strippers have arrived.

in Living World

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I don’t think it was that kind of party…

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Should probably have worn a fancy hat or something.

Attachments:

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

Caudecus’ mansion is that way >>>>

in Living World

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

So very true. :-) My char is impatiently waiting for this gown …

Attachments:

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

That is so freaking gorgeous!

in Living World

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

At least your characters were wearing something with cloth in it, looked mighty odd with my fully plate armoured warrior standing there making polite conversation. I had to remove my helmet and gloves to help him blend in a bit.

BOOM

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I went in appropriate clothing to help clear the Queen’s good name…

Attachments:

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This topic title is exactly what I first thought when I realised we were going to a posh party.

My main character is a ranger which means she’s limited to medium armor and outfits. Her best option is the Order of Whispers coat which looks a bit like a dress, but it’s not ideal. Which is especially annoying because she’s also a human noble which means she really should have something. It might be something 2 years out of date that’s been sitting in a dusty wardrobe in that house she also doesn’t have but it would be better than showing up in her armor.

This is also related to something that’s been bothering me for a while. When I first discovered town clothes I assumed we’d acquire them like armor – the ones in the gem store would be just some options (maybe the more unusual ones) and others would be available in game. When my first character got to level 80 and I hadn’t found any I went to the wiki to find out how to get them (specifically the dress the generic human nobles wear, or something like it) and I was genuinely surprised to find the gem store ones and the default were the ONLY options.

It’s really frustrating because what I wanted to do was what I do in Elder Scrolls games: I have my armor which I wear when exploring and then I have normal clothes, something that looks like what the NPCs wear, for when I’m in non-combat situations. It helps with immersion and also just gives me a bit of variety. And the generic noble dress is perfect for that, but I can’t wear it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Evolving Minotaur.5871

Evolving Minotaur.5871

I couldn’t agree with this more. You want another gold sink in the game? Alternate attire vendors. NPC’s in the game have to shop somewhere. Why not allow us to purchas NPC clothes? Have different levels of “couture” You could use the same meshes with different colors and textures and have remote sellers or even shops that wont let you in the door unless you are wearing no less than a level below their wares.

Town clothes are a sadly lacking development that ArenaNet could be perusing. This is just the tip of the iceberg. With a new Sims game coming in September, it would be awesome for the people returning to GW2 after getting bored of Simlish drama to have a functioning Sim’s element in the game. And for those that don’t like the idea, they can buy one outfit, attend the story parties and ignore this entire part of the game.

You have many different minigames, this one could be huge. ArenaNet is no stranger to incorporating the strengths of other games. Why ignore this.

in Living World

Posted by: babislovesnatch.8706

babislovesnatch.8706

This topic title is exactly what I first thought when I realised we were going to a posh party.

My main character is a ranger which means she’s limited to medium armor and outfits. Her best option is the Order of Whispers coat which looks a bit like a dress, but it’s not ideal. Which is especially annoying because she’s also a human noble which means she really should have something. It might be something 2 years out of date that’s been sitting in a dusty wardrobe in that house she also doesn’t have but it would be better than showing up in her armor.

This is also related to something that’s been bothering me for a while. When I first discovered town clothes I assumed we’d acquire them like armor – the ones in the gem store would be just some options (maybe the more unusual ones) and others would be available in game. When my first character got to level 80 and I hadn’t found any I went to the wiki to find out how to get them (specifically the dress the generic human nobles wear, or something like it) and I was genuinely surprised to find the gem store ones and the default were the ONLY options.

It’s really frustrating because what I wanted to do was what I do in Elder Scrolls games: I have my armor which I wear when exploring and then I have normal clothes, something that looks like what the NPCs wear, for when I’m in non-combat situations. It helps with immersion and also just gives me a bit of variety. And the generic noble dress is perfect for that, but I can’t wear it.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one looking for clothing as well as armor in the first play through.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I did find one article of town clothing out in the world. Somewhere in the charr lands, there’s a bandana like hat you can acquire. I’m pretty sure it’s still out there, but it’s now an armor skin, since town clothing is gone. It would’ve been nice if there were some town clothing vendors out there. Perhaps as karma vendors? There’s not that many ways to spend karma, at least one you have a top tier armor or got all the food you need from vendors.

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I wore a Firstborn Coat (sylvari medium t3). At least it was expensive? Partway through I thought maybe I should unequip my weapons, but wasn’t sure if there was going to be a surprise attack, so I didn’t bother. Be prepared!

This reminds me that I notice and enjoy how the dialog is slightly tweaked depending on your race. Someone at the party made a comment to my character about silly humans, and it was like, oh yeah, my character is not human.

And I loved chatting with Lord Faren’s stalker. Laughed out loud at the bit with the wall calendar.

in Living World

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Considering my character I used for this was my warrior, a max height/build charr with a face that’d give most drakes nightmares, being diplomatic was something of a stretch to plausability…

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

I went in appropriate clothing to help clear the Queen’s good name…

OMG lol the guards should’ve attacked you on sight.

I would love to have townclothes as karma sinks. Awesome idea. Would be nice to have some use for my 5m karma lying around >_<

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I must admit I expected my Final Rest to elicit some response from security. I mean after all the Scarlet stuff, in walks a barely-dressed sylvari toting a huge death scythe…um, #inappropriate

in Living World

AuroraW.7149

Finally, I settled for the Mist Walker chestpiece – somewhat appropriate for a pact commander (me a pact commander? Insane! :-D). But why on earth do I have to skuffle around with this blonde?! :-) Would love to see some more glamorous stuff for the females anyway. :-)

Attachments:

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

Finally, I settled for the Mist Walker chestpiece – somewhat appropriate for a pact commander (me a pact commander? Insane! :-D). But why on earth do I have to skuffle around with this blonde?! :-) Would love to see some more glamorous stuff for the females anyway. :-)

Hahaha you know I’ve forgotten about being a pact commander until I was introduced as such. It didn’t occur to me to wear something along the lines of being an officer XD

Kasmeer can be your handmaiden XD

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Take off the hat/mask and you look fine, mostly.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Charr wore his full battle armor to the party. “You got a problem with that, meat?”

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Caudecus’ mansion is that way >>>>

Pfft…Caudecus ain’t worthy of this piece of kitten .

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My main character is a ranger which means she’s limited to medium armor and outfits. Her best option is the Order of Whispers coat which looks a bit like a dress, but it’s not ideal.

Take a look at the TA dungeon armor. A guildie of mine who is a Ranger got ICly married in that coat, dyed in whites and golds. I’d have to dig up screenshots to remember what she settled on for leggings and shoes.

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I went in nude.

Nude.

Completely and totally nude.

I’m talking bare. No clothes.

Naked. Absolutely naked.

The way we’re born out of our mother’s life portal.

Nnnnnnnneeeeeeeeewwwwwwddddd.

It was fun. Good party. Fun times. Nice memories.

Nude.

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Leo Paul.1659

I went in nude.

Nude.

Naked. Absolutely naked.

Nude.

It wasn’t supposed to be that kind of a party!

in Living World

Wanderer.3248

I went in nude.

Nude.

Naked. Absolutely naked.

Nude.

I want to go to that party instead.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

So very true. :-) My char is impatiently waiting for this gown …

Why? You wanna build a snowman?

in Living World

AuroraW.7149

Well, well, we got it ingame. :-) Finally, Rémi’s appropriately dressed for Divinity’s Reach posh feudal parties. :-)

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

My full winged set, my masquerade set, or my ancestral outfit cause I’m a Canthan.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.