I don't like Living world

in Living World

Posted by: Impact.6213

Impact.6213

I came back to guild wars 2 cause I heard the living story is suppose to really churn out some serious content and is really going to develop a story. All I’ve seen is a bunch of festivals (zepherites, dragon bash, jubilee and an election.) Whats next? ohhh thats right a anniversary bash, oh what fun…. not. Basically to wrap things up living world is really one big let down to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

ArenaNet is aware of this fact.

in Living World

Posted by: Vodac.9742

Vodac.9742

I think its pretty obvious (apparently not to you) that it is going to be more then a speech this update. Something horrible is going to happen to either the queen or DR in general and the speech is when its going to happen.

in Living World

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

For my part, I stopped playing this game because living content is not worth an expansion. I got really tired of collecting minis and skins that I don’t give a rat’s kitten about every two weeks. Living content is everything Anet said their game won’t be, grinding for crap over and over.

in Living World

Impact.6213

yeah I’m not to impressed. They hype up a lot of things then, nothing happens. I was really disappointed that the hot air balloons didn’t actually take you a vista ride, its really a shame they cut corners on cool stuff and put more emphasis on running around in a huge mob or grind out for a mini. However I must say I was a fan of the gauntlet.

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Something horrible is going to happen to … DR in general

Now, if only this DR were Diminishing Returns, and the horrible something will be its complete removal from the game…

in Living World

Posted by: Skweak.7392

Skweak.7392

I was really disappointed that the hot air balloons didn’t actually take you a vista ride

Having done that vista in Diessa Plateau(?) where you have to ‘catapult’ yourself to get to it, I expected nothing more :P

in Living World

Impact.6213

I was really disappointed that the hot air balloons didn’t actually take you a vista ride

Having done that vista in Diessa Plateau(?) where you have to ‘catapult’ yourself to get to it, I expected nothing more :P

Hahahah best part was right before the Jubilee, I was talking to some friends about how it going to be just like that, I was really hoping that I would be wrong :P.

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Are people forgetting about the chick in the entrance story of Jubilee…

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I came back to guild wars 2 cause I heard the living story is suppose to really churn out some serious content and is really going to develop a story. All I’ve seen is a bunch of festivals (zepherites, dragon bash, jubilee and an election.) Whats next? ohhh thats right a anniversary bash, oh what fun…. not. Basically to wrap things up living world is really one big let down to me.

listen to the latest Woodenpotatoes take on the living story and its far from boring, unfortunately it’s only speculation at the moment and hasn’t happened yet.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Something horrible is going to happen to … DR in general

Now, if only this DR were Diminishing Returns, and the horrible something will be its complete removal from the game…

Alternately, it might be fun if DR was Dash Riprock, victim of (what else) an asuran experiment gone horribly right.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Are people forgetting about the chick in the entrance story of Jubilee…

The story is so nonexistent that I have to look at the achievement panel to remember what I have done and what I have yet to do. I got the mailbox quest for Jubilee, went to Divinity’s Reach and it’s all just a blur from there. I remember lighting fires to get a perma-torch.

in Living World

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

What they are doing should be called instanced world, not living world. Other thing is, draging a 50 page story for a year with help of “thousands clicks F” is worst way to keep people tuned in.
Especially when its so poorly connected, that it doesn’t matter if its first LW release you are playing or you’ve been playing it from start, story will still feel torn and incomplete. And so far, it left absolutley no trace in world, not counting few NPCs here and there.
What would be much better in my eyes is focusing on what they created already and upgrading it. Like war with centaurs, for example. Creating new stories, adventures withing that war with real consiquences that you can feel and see afterwards. World is huge, there are alot of zones which could change and evolve, while offering some new adventures along.

In my eyes, it would be much better than pulling festivals out of their kitten every 4 weeks, due to lack of idea and direction in which to take world they created.

in Living World

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

I have not really liked all the festivals and mini-games, JP’s etc but the content of the Living World has been “okay”. This seems like a year of trial runs for a lot of everything. They have said that in many ways. I think that next yr there will be 4-6 main festival times in the world. Also my take on “As Tyria Revolves”, aka the Living World is like a serialized movie-soap opera; like in the 1940’s, You go to the movies every week to see what’s happening and such.

“next week Queen Jennah will give a speech” Oh Noes! What will happen. That Scarlett gal hates her and maybe she’ll get kidnapped and tied to the railroad track and our Hero will have to dash off to the rescue. She’ll be saved of course, but next week; there’ll be some thing new for the Hero to do. Who knows what will happen next? But stay tuned for the previews

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.3751

Malkavian.3751

Agree 100%.

GW2 needs serious awesome content, not constant small festival updates where you just grind achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

And in the end Devs get chocked why they work so much for the game and “us”, and all they get is negative and angry responses from fans in general….

How can the fans be positive and able to appreciate the devs work,if all we see is bad decisions after bad decisions, after bad decisions,… … …!?

Small Parable:

- They say in the beginning a white chair will be made, but NEVER will be painted .
- The day came an we see it’s not a chair for starters,…but a wall instead!
- Fans get angry…
-One day we awake and see the wall painted in Red!!…
- Fans even angrier with that,tell’s them Red is not good for that wall at all, and asks for yellow!
- After some time they came and paint the wall in Green!!
- Fans riot…and they can’t understand why this happened!!!

SO….i am forced to ask…what in the World are modern Devs smoking this days!?? No seriously!!! It’s far behind logic!