I have to ask...

I have to ask...

in Living World

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I didn’t play GW1 much — wasn’t a fan. But I’ve read a bit about the lore and the story and it is very interesting to me. I know that essentially the whole idea with GW2 is all about the dragons, but I’m especially interested in the six gods.

I’d really like to see a living story season where our player characters (probably with the help of DE 2.0) try to find the gods and seek out their help. I haven’t thought too much about it but I really do want to see something with the gods. I think they’re so fascinating.

Do you think we would ever see something like that? Would you guys even want to see something like that? I could be the only one who is interested in this :P

Incursiƶn [iN]

I have to ask...

in Living World

Posted by: redhand.7168

redhand.7168

There’s a lot of mysticism from GW1 that was lost in GW2 in favor of brute force. I too wish to see a little revival of that.

I have to ask...

in Living World

Posted by: ArchStm.8534

ArchStm.8534

Would be nice but I doubt it will happen because of 2 reasons.

(1) GW1 main storyline particularly the Nightfall Expansion was all about the 6 human gods. They already went through that whole thing.

(2) The 6 human gods only applies to Human because only Human worship them. It has nothing to do with Charr, Sylvari, Asura or Norn. There will be outcry from other players saying the other race are being discriminated for not going much in detail in their stories.

That is my thoughts.

I have to ask...

in Living World

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Well, yeah the human gods are human and other races don’t care. But on the other hand, we have sylvari lore focus so far in living story, and no one is dead or dying because of that (so far), so maybe we should revisit human lore sometime, just to have a little brake from the salad?

I wouldn’t mind if races would receive an uneven treatment, for the sake of a good story! And no, I am not a human player, Norn To Be Wild all the way.

I have to ask...

in Living World

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I mean, I’m sure when we get to fight Jormag, there will be a lot of focus on norn story & background. I think we will get to learn a lot about the sylvari with Mordremoth, too, and the asura with Primordus. It couldn’t hurt to go back to the gods at some point! /hopeful

Incursiƶn [iN]

I have to ask...

in Living World

ArchStm.8534

Well, yeah the human gods are human and other races don’t care. But on the other hand, we have sylvari lore focus so far in living story, and no one is dead or dying because of that (so far), so maybe we should revisit human lore sometime, just to have a little brake from the salad?

I wouldn’t mind if races would receive an uneven treatment, for the sake of a good story! And no, I am not a human player, Norn To Be Wild all the way.

I disagree about Scarlett. Its just so happened that the antagonist is Sylvari, nothing more. If you really think about it, the whole thing she is stirring up has nothing to do with Sylvari at all, she got Dredge, Flame Legion, Aetherblade, Nightmare court, Krait to work for her and they all represent all races and they wreck havoc on maps around Tyria. And her goal as revealed at the end is to awaken a dragon (elder dragon perhaps). Don’t see how that got anything to do with Sylvari at all.

I have to ask...

in Living World

ArchStm.8534

I mean, I’m sure when we get to fight Jormag, there will be a lot of focus on norn story & background. I think we will get to learn a lot about the sylvari with Mordremoth, too, and the asura with Primordus. It couldn’t hurt to go back to the gods at some point! /hopeful

Well if you suggest it this way, I can see it happened because these elder dragons seems to have impact to all races in Tyria.