I hope this is not under your control

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Dear A-Net……
I followed the new build block very carefully day by day. and i have to say i don’t know what to say.
This game lacks so much in quality, in story, in skill actually in everything but graphics.
With all that present you guys care about a wardrope to change armors and dyes ??
You main focus is to build a “Mega-Server” ?
?? Amor repairing cost nothing anymore ?
Bobble head for April jokes ?
?

Serious ??

What about you guys start caring in presenting a fine and interesting product ?
I couldn’t care less that they guys on my map are interested in same game experience or behavior…. I couldn’t care less my armor is adapting to whatever i unlocked….
really…..

Bring back the charm and excitement back that made GW1 to awesome.
After that you can care about having 247 more grey shade dyes or moving 12 trees
in Claypool.

I just hope you guys are forced to all that by your investors….
everything else would be a huge disappointment and kitten the sould of all your loyal GW1 players

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah yes, how dare they implement stuff people have been shouting about since release?
The fact that they are implementing stuff to make it closer to GW1 (mega-server) should make you happy.

But I suppose people will always complain, no matter what.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

{snip}

everything else would be a huge disappointment and kitten the sould of all your loyal GW1 players

You do know GW1 didn’t disappear right? You could always go back…

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

To be honest the community asked for those features for a long time.

Though as usual, Mr. Johanson (as likeable as he is) overpromised in interviews and again underdelivered. He told in an interview a couple of months ago that this feature patch will be similar to other MMOs feature patches with huge improvements etc etc.

At the end what we got – which is not bad, so to speak:
- Dye account bound
- Wardrobe with every skin we have is unlocked account wide
- Legendaries account bound
- a megaserver
- 5 new Grandmaster traits
- Balancing (ferocity, sigil/rune tweaks etc.)
- free trait resets and armor repair costs

In my view these are just some quality of life changes and some balancing every modern online game makes today – worth a side note in a huge content patch. I really don’t understand the hype they started. If they added at least legendary crafting or some additional fun content then I would be fine. But let’s face it: these are just some minor changes, though let’s see how the meta builds will change…

Oh I forgot, here the aforementioned interview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Kurrilino.2706

{snip}

You do know GW1 didn’t disappear right? You could always go back…

Yeah right………………… the regular always defeating answer.
If you don’t like it go somewhere else.

Problem is i loved GW1 and it disturbs me how easily pleased the kids are these days.
An of course they release something without any creativity and efford because it’s enough for people like you.

They will face what everyone else is facing from movie to music industry.
Plain and effortless mass production leads to people turning away
and i really don’t want it.

maybe i am difficult to please but i feel insulted by these changes being called incredible game changing content.
i am just not stupid enough to watch 40 more grey shades on my armor and applaud how great A-Net did when all super important missing pieces haven’t even been touched

in Living World

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

So your point is that you want Anet to up their storywriting game? Sure, and I believe they’ve learned a lot from the last year or more of LS updates and that going forward it will continue to get better all the time. GW2 is a relatively experimental game, and that means it has plenty of flaws.

The update coming out on April 15th is huge. There’s no reason to deny it; it is a huge update. You can certainly protest and say that this update does not fix everything wrong with the game, and you’d be right. It doesn’t. But they also never said that it did fix everything wrong with the game.

An MMO is a continuous process, it’s literally never finished unless taken offline. GW2 is no different and Anet is planning to address things like this in the future. If you want more right now, then you’re urging them to make sloppy mistakes and to release more shoddy updates. Instead, suggest things that they will take into consideration and understand that much of what you’re not happy about will be addressed in due time. Rushing stuff will not make it any better when it’s released. Please, patience.

Besides, these updates are fantastic and I am personally happy about having countless dyes on every character in addition to being able to use an account wardrobe and new traits (not to mention the social benefits from the megaserver system). There are all kinds of players and no single kind of player is a problem, except those that believe that their issues are more important than every other player’s issues. What we need to do is appreciate that a wide variety of people play this game and they all want different things from it, and Anet is doing their best to make GW2 a fantastic game over time. As I said, no MMO is ever finished.

in Living World

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

At the end what we got – which is not bad, so to speak:
- Dye account bound
- Wardrobe with every skin we have is unlocked account wide
- Legendaries account bound
- a megaserver
- 5 new Grandmaster traits
- Balancing (ferocity, sigil/rune tweaks etc.)
- free trait resets and armor repair costs

and ascended account bound

40 new traits

in Living World

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

Ah yes, how dare they implement stuff people have been shouting about since release?
The fact that they are implementing stuff to make it closer to GW1 (mega-server) should make you happy.

Overly hyped, should have been implemented with launch. Will be disapointing. Nobody really shouted about ‘’mega-servers’’ or the other useless stuff.
1year and 7 months after release where is the so much wanted expansion?
1year and 7 months after release where is a single piece of meaningfull content?
1year and 7 month after release Tyria is still almost exactly the same as it was during launch(aside from the LOLdestruction of LA)
Nothing has changed and gw2 is now on life support. With so many new exciting games coming this year oh man guess whos gonna stop doing his dailys

The update coming out on April 15th is huge. There’s no reason to deny it; it is a huge update. You can certainly protest and say that this update does not fix everything wrong with the game, and you’d be right. It doesn’t. But they also never said that it did fix everything wrong with the game.

Huge lol. Some QoL, some new stuff that was supposed to be in the game with the launch and some time wasting stuff that no hardcore / dedicated player cares for.
Clearly you do not know what a huge update is, but then again it is huge by guild wars 2 standars. Every other mmo is making fun of guild wars 2 now.

Besides, these updates are fantastic and I am personally happy about having countless dyes on every character in addition to being able to use an account wardrobe and new traits (not to mention the social benefits from the megaserver system). There are all kinds of players and no single kind of player is a problem, except those that believe that their issues are more important than every other player’s issues. What we need to do is appreciate that a wide variety of people play this game and they all want different things from it, and Anet is doing their best to make GW2 a fantastic game over time. As I said, no MMO is ever finished.

I hope you’re being sarcastic, this update is insulting. ArenaNet has only been catering casuals and non-dedicated players. There is nothing in this game that suits a dedicate or a hardcore player, nothing is actualy hard, nothing requires tactics everything can be achieved by the power of zerging. I can tell you there are alot of people who quit because gw2 dont suit their dedicated playstyle.

Also arenanet has given up on gw1 further production. Gw1 is now a timeless and unchanging mmo basicly its a grave yard with grave stones where you can go and do remember stuff from 2006+

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Living World

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

Overly hyped, should have been implemented with launch. Will be disapointing. Nobody really shouted about ‘’mega-servers’’ or the other useless stuff.
1year and 7 months after release where is a single piece of meaningfull content?
1year and 7 month after release Tyria is still almost exactly the same as it was during launch(aside from the LOLdestruction of LA)
Nothing has changed and gw2 is now on life support. With so many new exciting games coming this year oh man guess whos gonna stop doing his dailys

Huge lol. Some QoL, some new stuff that was supposed to be in the game with the launch and some time wasting stuff that no hardcore / dedicated player cares for.
Clearly you do not know what a huge update is, but then again it is huge by guild wars 2 standars. Every other mmo is making fun of guild wars 2 now.

I hope you’re being sarcastic, this update is insulting. ArenaNet has only been catering casuals and non-dedicated players. There is nothing in this game that suits a dedicate or a hardcore player, nothing is actualy hard, nothing requires tactics everything can be achieved by the power of zerging. I can tell you there are alot of people who quit because gw2 dont suit their dedicated playstyle.

Also arenanet has given up on gw1 further production. Gw1 is now a timeless and unchanging mmo basicly its a grave yard with grave stones where you can go and do remember stuff from 2006+

Ah yes! I too love those Teq or Wurm zergs! They just run in and pwn face and are on to the next thing….oh wait….

On a side note, you say a lot of people quit because gw2 doesn’t suit their “dedicated play style.” Well guess what, a lot of people started playing gw2 because the can play when/how long/how they want without feeling the need to be “dedicated” just to keep up with things. There’s always two sides to a coin. Cheers

in Living World

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

Ah yes! I too love those Teq or Wurm zergs! They just run in and pwn face and are on to the next thing….oh wait….

Teq 2.0.. hard? HAHAHAHAHAHA. I did teq on a overflow with only 2 commanders, no organization. I kitten you not the only said thing was ‘’Dont get killed’’. People dont even need TS for teq its nerfed and overflows can do it with 7minutes left over. It was a pure zerg fest people running everywhere and kitten. Just a small group stacking.

Oh and wurm? wait a few weeks. Once the slow people understand the tactics and once anet nerfs the wurm to cater to your casual needs it will be just like teq 2.0, zerg and achieve. Ive allready done wurm anyways, its not hard at all. If you really think teq and wurm is hard then I have bad news for you. Just because you cant solo teq it dosent make it hard.

On a side note, you say a lot of people quit because gw2 doesn’t suit their “dedicated play style.” Well guess what, a lot of people started playing gw2 because the can play when/how long/how they want without feeling the need to be “dedicated” just to keep up with things. There’s always two sides to a coin.

Oh? How is that casual style working out for you? Did you keep up with all the LS content before they got removed? Did you finish all your achievement chores? How about that quality content huh? Roughly 2~ hours worth of tank and spank content, click F to get achievement, here is ur reward a helmet skin, buy the new stuff from gem store, crazy lunatic edgy stronk NPC protoganist character that everyone can relate to.
Having fun doing 5 achievements for your daily? Did you log in everyday to get your ascended set? I bet you were one of those who sat around LA for hours. I bet this is your first mmo too. This game is getting worse and even the casuals are starting to see it because its no longer fresh nor interesting.

Give the new casuals some time, eventualy they will realize it wasnt ment for them.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

(edited by Toby.2357)

in Living World

Kurrilino.2706

[quote=3854416;
Besides, these updates are fantastic and I am personally happy about having countless dyes on every character in addition to being able to use an account wardrobe and new traits (not to mention the social benefits from the megaserver system). There are all kinds of players and no single kind of player is a problem, except those that believe that their issues are more important than every other player’s issues. What we need to do is appreciate that a wide variety of people play this game and they all want different things from it, and Anet is doing their best to make GW2 a fantastic game over time. As I said, no MMO is ever finished.[/quote]

I’m not sure if serious…..
So you take more colors and armor and other useles not practical
mass production stuff over a real cool and interesting game ????

What about you get Sims 3 and just splay in People creation window.
There are endless possibilities, you can dress shirts and pants or even shoes…. simply mind blowing, who thought we see a game where you can even change hair colors and cuts….. AMAZING….

I really start to see why A-Net is going the way they are going.
There must be many more people like you…..

Serious… if i wanna play something interesting and refreshing i don’t wanna get new dyes instead. Guys who wanna play football are not joining a Tennis Club

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Serious… if i wanna play something interesting and refreshing i don’t wanna get new dyes instead. Guys who wanna play football are not joining a Tennis Club

You’re not joining a Tennis Club. You’re simply not getting the minor-league play you crave; you’re getting a pick-up game with Joe, John, Tony, and Rick from down the block. As well as Sam from Texas, Barry from New York, and Selena from Canada.

Of all the faults GW2 has, this is the only one I really feel holds any water: It’s definitely trying to appeal to a broader base of players by not being super-hardcore at what it offers.

I’m okay with that. I wasted way too much time chasing hardcore raid groups so I could experience that sort of thing when I gave up on EverQuest, because I am not the top 10% of the people on my server. (I’m barely top 25%, and that’s only because I would say “I have no idea, someone just be sure to explain what and why and I’ll be okay.”)

The aim is to make this game appealing to a broader audience, not to just cater to one group. They will occasionally throw a steak now and then to some group (hardcore raiders got Teq 2.0 and the Triple Wurm, sPvP gets a tournament and some revamps) but they aren’t flat out going to revamp the game for one group at the expense of those who just want to show up and do silly stupid things like the Queensdale Train, or the World Boss Tour.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Megaserver is something huge tbh. It’s something they should introduce before making any more hardcore “raids” like teq or wurm. The fact that you will be able to trigger it as a guild will make it all the more interesting and give some new use for guilds aside from spamming guild chat and doing missions.

Wardrobe and account bound dyes is necessary for character progression, since almost all “end-game” progression is cosmetics based.

So they’re laying the groundwork to actually become decent. Wouldn’t hold my breath when the new content patches come though…

in Living World

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

Not sure if I want the “charm and excitement” of play always in instances, not being allowed to jump (how I miss jumping when I re-enter GW1) and delete the non-human races for players. I’d not like to return to the GW1 dye system, I think.

Also, I’ve been vocal in my disappointments about LS and other things, but I try, even if English is not my natural language, to point to the exact source of disappointment, or at least the general direction from I think it’s coming.

The “everything you did is crap and all that is not done is good except when you do it, then it’s crap” attitude doesn’t help anyone.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh? I am rather sure that we had threads more or less weekly about empty maps and demands that ArenaNet did something about it. And guess what? The megaservers is doing something about it.

We have gotten expansion. But instead of getting it in a blob and finish it in a week or two we have had it spread out over the year(s) and thus having it “work” for much longer.

I have seen multiple meaningful content releases. Such as updated Tequatl, Wurms, WXP, Edge of the Mists, Fractals of the Mists and so on.
Not to mention all those other things released with Living Story, such as Kessex Hills change, or Lion’s Arch invasion and destruction.

Tyria is quite different from release.
You seem to forget quite a bit of things in your raging, but I suppose it might be hard to actually validate a complain if you actually talk about everything rather than ignoring half of it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Kurodius.7463

Kurodius.7463

Dear A-Net……
I followed the new build block very carefully day by day. and i have to say i don’t know what to say.
This game lacks so much in quality, in story, in skill actually in everything but graphics.
With all that present you guys care about a wardrope to change armors and dyes ??
You main focus is to build a “Mega-Server” ?
?? Amor repairing cost nothing anymore ?
Bobble head for April jokes ?
?

Serious ??

What about you guys start caring in presenting a fine and interesting product ?
I couldn’t care less that they guys on my map are interested in same game experience or behavior…. I couldn’t care less my armor is adapting to whatever i unlocked….
really…..

After that you can care about having 247 more grey shade dyes or moving 12 trees
in Claypool.

I just hope you guys are forced to all that by your investors….

I’m sorry, but I believe you are mistaken. I would say that Guild Wars 2 is an all around better put together game than Guild Wars 1. If you don’t think Guild Wars 2 lived up to expectations, then I have no issue with that whatsoever. I am let down by Guild Wars 2 in a great number of ways, but I still enjoy it enough to come back.

I’m afraid that you are looking through some thickly rose-tinted glasses when looking at Guild Wars 1.

Also, complaining about a really small and easy feature like Bobbleheads on April fools, (which would be quite easy to do) just seems somewhat petty.

It would serve you FAR better to explain the aspects of the game that you say “lack in quality.” Right now your entire post could be summed up easily as: “The feature pack stuff is dumb, this game sucks, fix it now. Guild Wars 1 was better.” Which is not the foundation of a productive conversation.

edit: Seems the quote bugged out during posting, please disregard.

in Living World

Kurrilino.2706

I’m sorry, but I believe you are mistaken. I would say that Guild Wars 2 is an all around better put together game than Guild Wars 1. If you don’t think Guild Wars 2 lived up to expectations, then I have no issue with that whatsoever. I am let down by Guild Wars 2 in a great number of ways, but I still enjoy it enough to come back.

I’m afraid that you are looking through some thickly rose-tinted glasses when looking at Guild Wars 1.

Also, complaining about a really small and easy feature like Bobbleheads on April fools, (which would be quite easy to do) just seems somewhat petty.

It would serve you FAR better to explain the aspects of the game that you say “lack in quality.” Right now your entire post could be summed up easily as: “The feature pack stuff is dumb, this game sucks, fix it now. Guild Wars 1 was better.” Which is not the foundation of a productive conversation.

edit: Seems the quote bugged out during posting, please disregard.[/quote]

Most people mistake creative criticism for just dumb ranting without even seeing my point.

So will explain what me and many other people feel and leave GW1 just out of it.

- Anet promised a living world where your character means something with dynamic
events etc…
“What did they deliver”…..
Absolute static missions like go there collect that or go there and kill it…
Just because finishing one leading to trigger another one isn’t dynamic in any meanings.

-Anet promised ever changing worlds where no day is like the other and your choices will change the world, they even have it in their commercial videos.
“What did they deliver”….
This is borderline false advertisement. Not a single choice is to make for anyone.
Even made choices are absolutely irrelevant for even a small map.
Exemple: It really doesn’t matter you go to war against Centaurs in Kessex Hill.
You conquer an Outpost or village or whatever, 10 minutes later it’s reset to whatever it has been before. It is incredible useless you even help the people in Kessex Hill because 10 minutes later they awake being a slave in a camp again……
Another example ???? Here we go… Zaithan is killed by absoltely everyone. Of course they are the exact same zombies in exact same numbers and exact same strenght running around even without their main source of power….

-Arena Net promised you can be a real Hero….
“What they delivered”…
They made it impossible to be a hero, they took any tanking ability or game plan even tactics out of the game. While you have trouble to scratch the armor of regular Veterans they cut through your elite ascended armor like butter.
The only thing you can do is to hide in big mops and zerg it down.
This istakes something really important away from me. Be an individual who can change and impact a village or the faith and live of weak citizen who are in need of help.
You are incredible meaningless to the whole world, maps, even villages.

I want real heros, i don’t want to be a zerker…… i want to use skill and being smart to handle things……

I want to scream ……….. We don’t ask how many…. we ask Where… roooaaarrrrrrr…

So and now answer me one thing:
How is creating a different server, offering more dyes, removing more armor, having bobble heads, inviting more zergs like Tequatle fixing this ??
How is this even considered as something they should care about before even touching the important parts.

All that reminds me of a situation in an Office where people complain about earning half salary than the people at neighbor building.
The boss comes in and tells them “i have a huge surprise for all of you”
The people stand up and applaud the boss and cheer for him…….
“Get ready for joy people…… i brought ice cream”

This is exactly the situation right now here in GW2.
I really love the game from GW1 on and i simply don’t want to move to the neighbor building. I am just incredible unhappy how A-Net is destroying this wonderful concept and the chance to create something new and epic.

in Living World

Kurodius.7463

Most people mistake creative criticism for just dumb ranting without even seeing my point.

You made no point about the game other than your distaste for what is in place, distaste for where the focus of the feature patch is, and then talked about how much you loved the first game. You made no point to explain your views until now. Also the phrase you’re looking for is “constructive criticism,” not “creative.”

- Anet promised a living world where your character means something with dynamic
events etc…
“What did they deliver”…..
Absolute static missions like go there collect that or go there and kill it…
Just because finishing one leading to trigger another one isn’t dynamic in any meanings.

The systems in place are comparatively more dynamic than most of Guild Wars 2’s contemporaries or predecessors. The world evens happen on internal timers that are not tied down to an exclamation point over npc’s heads. It is dynamic in this respect, and new events are added often to the game.

-Anet promised ever changing worlds where no day is like the other and your choices will change the world, they even have it in their commercial videos.
“What did they deliver”….
This is borderline false advertisement. Not a single choice is to make for anyone.
Even made choices are absolutely irrelevant for even a small map.
Exemple: It really doesn’t matter you go to war against Centaurs in Kessex Hill.
You conquer an Outpost or village or whatever, 10 minutes later it’s reset to whatever it has been before. It is incredible useless you even help the people in Kessex Hill because 10 minutes later they awake being a slave in a camp again……
Another example ???? Here we go… Zaithan is killed by absoltely everyone. Of course they are the exact same zombies in exact same numbers and exact same strenght running around even without their main source of power….

While I too am unsatisfied by the amount the player has in the world, they actually do deliver on this promise in some respect. Your choices do cause temporary changes for the most part, and can affect other parts of the game world. If you get some people together and go through the events to open up the Citadel of Flame or Crucible of Eternity, then everyone on your server and anyone in their group can then make use of the dungeon due to your efforts. We also had the election which did give players the ability to make a decision that actually affected the world and lore. Ellen Keil is now the newest member of the captains council of Lion’s Arch, and the players chose that outcome. You can hardly call that false advertising, embellishment yes, but not false.

in Living World

Kurodius.7463

-Arena Net promised you can be a real Hero….
“What they delivered”…
They made it impossible to be a hero, they took any tanking ability or game plan even tactics out of the game. While you have trouble to scratch the armor of regular Veterans they cut through your elite ascended armor like butter.
The only thing you can do is to hide in big mops and zerg it down.
This istakes something really important away from me. Be an individual who can change and impact a village or the faith and live of weak citizen who are in need of help.
You are incredible meaningless to the whole world, maps, even villages.

I want real heros, i don’t want to be a zerker…… i want to use skill and being smart to handle things……

I want to scream ……….. We don’t ask how many…. we ask Where… roooaaarrrrrrr…

First of all, calm down.

In story, your character can participate in actions that could be called heroic in the game world in a number of ways. There are actually many places in the game that require tactics, and Anet have made a conscious effort to make world event bosses require coordination since the Tequatl update.

Veterans are usually very easy to kill, and there are some people that actually pride themselves on being able to take out champion class enemies by themselves.

The issue you state about impact on the world is something that is a problem with an MMO in general. One player cannot make sweeping changes to the game world. In the Personal story, the player character actually does affect other characters in many ways. Traherne in particular changes from a historian to a general because of the PC’s influence on the personal story, while this path is not personalized for everyone, your character is affecting a character.

There are also many situations where the player can have “hero moments” with other players. Being the only one up at the end of the boss fight, having fought tooth and nail to get the last bit of the boss down before needing to start all over again. Managing to make that last leap in a pvp match that allows a neck and neck match to become a victory. Finding a player attempting an event alone and failing, saving them, and help them push along the event into success.

This game actually does have a pretty high skill-cap for an MMO due to its very well structured combat. There are reasons why people do not drop in a boss fight or win in PvP.

So and now answer me one thing:
How is creating a different server, offering more dyes, removing more armor, having bobble heads, inviting more zergs like Tequatle fixing this ??
How is this even considered as something they should care about before even touching the important parts.

The Ultra Server thing is for the sake of making areas outside of major cities to become more populated and active.

The Dyes and Wardrobe are for the sake of making visual character customization easier and more streamlined, which is a welcome change.

Bobbleheads are a very easily created feature that probably took less than an hour or two for one guy to implement.

Tequatl can hardly be called a zerg at the moment, and the Marionette and Jungle Worm fights required coordination to be completed. Bosses like these are put in place to give players world content that actually has difficulty and requires more than just a specific number of people hacking away at the feet of a big monster.

And the reason why these things are addressed is because they are easier to fix than the supposed issues you presented, which are more problems with the structure of MMOs in general. Some issues with the game would require them to remake large swaths of the game entirely to fix.

This is exactly the situation right now here in GW2.
I really love the game from GW1 on and i simply don’t want to move to the neighbor building. I am just incredible unhappy how A-Net is destroying this wonderful concept and the chance to create something new and epic.

Guild Wars 2 is structurally different from Guild Wars 1 in a large number of ways. I would even argue that Guild Wars 1 is not an MMO due to how instanced off the world is. Guild Wars 1 is more like an RPG and is made to be more of a solo experience than Guild Wars 2 is. You might just not like MMOs, well then I have a large list of other RPGs you could play that have well constructed story and gameplay that may be more to your liking. I and many other people find the game has not yet lived up to its potential, but it might get there if given enough time; that is one of the boons of an MMO, they can change A LOT over time.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well then welcome to the tennis club? What you don’t want to join us? Ok that’s fine, but do you really have to sit in the corner and complain non-stop while we’re having fun? Wouldn’t it be more fun if you… went somewhere where you could have fun? You do know this is the tennis club right, no matter how much you complain we’re not all going to put down our rackets and go play football with you.

Guild Wars 2 is structurally different from Guild Wars 1 in a large number of ways. I would even argue that Guild Wars 1 is not an MMO due to how instanced off the world is. Guild Wars 1 is more like an RPG and is made to be more of a solo experience than Guild Wars 2 is. You might just not like MMOs, well then I have a large list of other RPGs you could play that have well constructed story and gameplay that may be more to your liking. I and many other people find the game has not yet lived up to its potential, but it might get there if given enough time; that is one of the boons of an MMO, they can change A LOT over time.

Said in a far nicer way then I could. GW1 is not GW2, complaining isn’t going to change that.

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Well, you can’t please everyone.
Instead of wasting forum space with your whining, go find a game you like.

in Living World

Kurrilino.2706

yeah yeah yeah….
the usual go and play something else argument….

In my opinion a forums are existing to talk about a game, possible changes and feedbacks for the developer.
I mean there are even people who write complete scripts on how to do a story interesting or playable.
On top you have the fact that the whole main staff sold their shares and that is deeply concerning.
Beside that you have the “Mega Server” what is actually nothing else than a try to populate ares that dieingbecause a huge bunch of loyal GW players like me are leaving or already left.

I know there a re people who doesn’t care as long as they are getting little
meaningless gifts like dyes or pets and can play their champion train zombie zergs, but the half brained people know exactly whats going on and how dangerous this path it.

GW2 is just to good to be destroyed for no reasons
what it means and are insulted by that

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

yeah yeah yeah….

Of course that got dragged out again, because you seem compelled to say how much you don’t like any of this. Most of what you’re complaining about seems to be an incredible amount of distaste for what MMOs . . . by design of being that game type . . . do out of necessity.

There’s no argument they overpromised a few things, but those things are still ahead of what other MMOs have been doing “as normal” for ages. Instead of Dynamic Events (in name only, yes) which repeat and recycle on a clock? Static quests which when done don’t leave too much of a mark on the world. At least DEs change a zone in some aspects . . . for everyone, not just for those who participated in the quest. (Via the previous new hot thing – “Phasing”)

“They made it impossible to be a hero, they took any tanking ability or game plan even tactics out of the game. "

Well, heh, you must be either new to MMOs or willfully deciding to just slam things. Every MMO, there’s no “hero” but instead “player characters” whose heroic impact varies from game to game. Usually this is limited to minor hero status while the ones who get to actually do things are NPCs or GM characters so the lore can stay nice and neat. (When they actually care about it.)

And in video games in general, tactical thinking takes a backseat to “just throw overwhelming force at it”. Which is why in RPGs so many people level-grind until it’s unfeasible to keep going and only then move on to the next challenge. Or in MMOs where open amounts of people are possible to throw at things, just throw as many people at it as server hardware can manage (see “EQ players beat the unbeatable Sleeper by res-rush zerging”).

So when people suggested you try other games . . . it’s really because what you seem to want out of this MMO is not what MMOs are designed to be able to do. By default.

Really what you want is a D&D shared world campaign. You know, a network of groups in the same world, but not often directly interacting, yet still having an impact on how things develop.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Kurodius.7463

yeah yeah yeah….

You must understand, this is very much an issue of: You probably won’t like the game because of the very core of its mechanics and the genre of the game.

You also need to make your criticisms more clear in your OP to get your message across faster. You must also try to not seem so vitriolic over some of these issues. You got way too worked up over the Bobbleheads thing.

And finally, you need to be aware that Anet actually have shown themselves to be more self-aware and honest with themselves than most other devs. Any problem you have with the game is probably on a list at Anet’s offices under “to be fixed.” The problem is the concept of priority and cost vs reward. They have many different teams working on separate aspects of the game as well. The people who put together the Wardrobe are the team made to make things like that more streamlined and smooth, like they did with the wallet. Features like the wardrobe don’t have the full force of every Anet employee at its back and teams cannot just transfer more manpower to another team because they are often using wholly different skills.

P.S.: Here’s something that Anet’s business model allows you to do, which I have utilized a bit: Drop the game for a while, keep an eye on it, and return when it becomes interesting again.

in Living World

Kurrilino.2706

yeah yeah yeah….

P.S.: Here’s something that Anet’s business model allows you to do, which I have utilized a bit: Drop the game for a while, keep an eye on it, and return when it becomes interesting again.

Well this is something i do anyways… still playing and enjoying GW1.
It is just the concern that drives me crazy that A-Net get’s that, we are already a little bit better then the other guys, attitude.

I would compare to music or movie industry, just because you are the best of these industries doesn’t matter you are not crappy.

I just love gw2 and don’t want it to go down because they think it’s enough to throw these cheap gimmicks to stupid people.
They could already be on another level and be absolutely epic if they would focus on game content and mechanics then on new dyes or wardrobes

(edited by Kurrilino.2706)

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It is just the concern that drives me crazy that A-Net get’s that, we are already a little bit better then the other guys, attitude.

I would compare to music or movie industry, just because you are the best of these industries doesn’t matter you are not crappy.

Well they are better than the other guys at making a free MMO which doesn’t rely on people buying premium currency just to get to do anything high-tier or difficult. There’s no need to buy Gems to go do stuff, there’s no need to use Gems to finance gear acquisition (though it helps), and there’s no gates set down you need Gems to get through.

From my experience thus far? Every other free MMO I played where it’s “sign up with email and get started” there’s a place where the game stops being remotely fun to progress in unless you grease the wheels with some premium currency. Maybe it’s to bypass timers, maybe it’s to enable some boosts, maybe it’s because the premium currency purchases equipment making it basically “tutorial simple” to beat stuff.

(Except maybe D&D Online, but that had a host of other issues. relative to the game it used as a core. So much grind.)

Anyway, if ANet has swagger it’s because . . . even now, you can put down the game and walk away for two months to come back and pick up mostly where you left off and not need to go chase the hot new gear or raids. Heck, you could get lost for ten months (all of Living Story season 1) and really not be in a bad position like you might be for other MMOs.

This reason, above all others, is why I still log in and mess around instead of kicking it to the curb faster than a Final Fantasy game after the last bonus boss gets killed by insane amounts of overkill.

in Living World

Kurrilino.2706

Guys…..

the topic has actually been the hope that A-Net isn’t responsible for how the feature packs are made. The hope that investors or “higher” authority make A-Net doing it.

The actual point is that the feature pack delivers dyes and armor skins
when game contend or mechanics are wanted by thousands of players.

Of course you guys are coming in and try to explain me why dyes and dieing servers are something wonderful and if i don’t accept a new dye as something world changing i have to play another game.

I am well aware of people having different taste. some like PvP, some like Dungeons and some others like PvE, few people like raids and zergs but we all agree that “every seed has a right to grow” like Sylvary used to say.

But all that has nothing to do with the is lacking contend, new mechanics and story building…

i am really looking forward to LS season 2 and reading A-Nets responses to the story critics makes me feeling good.
I am just afraid that “other forces” within the whole thing have something else in mind than delivering a world changing epic game because it’s easier to deliver the regular crap and leech out some dollars as long as you can before move to the next project

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Guys…..

The actual point is that the feature pack delivers dyes and armor skins
when game contend or mechanics are wanted by thousands of players.

When has something not delivered dyes and armor skins even if only one or two? Also, there are mechanics being added. Content is on hold because they wanted to devote time to just feature work, so I understand.

As for the delivery of dyes and armor skins, really the Wardrobe is something more than a few people half-suggested in the “Horizontal Progression” CDI. It follows some lines of things and now we got it. So they are listening to players and trying to fit things in.

I don’t see a need to antagonize them over trying to balance it out so some people get things one update and others get theirs later.

Of course you guys are coming in and try to explain me why dyes and dieing servers are something wonderful and if i don’t accept a new dye as something world changing i have to play another game.

I never said that and I’m offended you think I did. Especially dying servers, which while I think isn’t exactly “good”, maybe merging lower-populations servers together is needed. But then, this “megaserver” idea they’re working on? Might kind of solve things about low population.

But all that has nothing to do with the is lacking contend, new mechanics and story building…

I don’t have a high demand for new mechanics since that’s always a dice roll if it works or not. Content should come when it’s polished and not just shoveled out for us to munch up and then demand more. When it is polished and not a week before.

I am just afraid that “other forces” within the whole thing have something else in mind than delivering a world changing epic game because it’s easier to deliver the regular crap and leech out some dollars as long as you can before move to the next project

Do say what you mean and stop beating around the bush. Because if it’s the same conspiracy I keep hearing about over and over, that’s getting a little old.