I'm afraid!

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: Surmav.1879

Surmav.1879

This is just amazing and hard to believe at beginning that anet releases new contetnt pretty much every 2 weeks. For some mmo takes more than year to release new content and that’s also just an expansion. If anet releases that much content, what if they run out ideas? That’s what I’m afraid of. Also where do they get this amount of money to accomplish something amazing like that, I mean, there’s no monthly fees and gem store doesn’t really make you wanna use use it, alltho currency exchange is kitten nice feature too so you can buy gems for in-game money. How is this possible, this is kitten amazing and so hard to believe but it seems that it’s possible.

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Money from GW1 to create GW2. Money from GW2 Gem/Ca$h $hop (virtual items you don’t actually need to play) to fund new “content”. Don’t forget some of the GW2 profit will probably go towards Wildstar so eventually the GW2 cow will run dry. NCsoft is a real gem.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

If anet releases that much content, what if they run out ideas?

their ideas haven’t been that great to begin with. When they start creating good ideas then you should start worrying.

Frost and Flame has been the closest to actual decent content which slowly builds up to a dramatic ending and also leaves a question (mystery) when you interrogate the dredge. That was nicely done. It also allowed you to build a relationship with two new characters who remember you in future patches. The hidden clues given to you by the whisperer agent actual made me interested in what the dungeon might reveal. You learn about the relationship between Braham and Eir, and a bit about Norn culture. The fixing signposts and refugee quests went on for far too long otherwise it would of been an ok start to the patch.

Ever since then the living story has been boring…

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Tyria has SO MUCH they can expand on, I’m not worried about ideas tbh, they have so much GW1 unexplored lore(or pre-GW lore), and GW2 lore they can expand on. I’m just worried about two things:
-Will they actually expand on that lore?
- NCSoft’s ANet funding..

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

This is just amazing and hard to believe at beginning that anet releases new contetnt pretty much every 2 weeks. For some mmo takes more than year to release new content and that’s also just an expansion. If anet releases that much content, what if they run out ideas? That’s what I’m afraid of. Also where do they get this amount of money to accomplish something amazing like that, I mean, there’s no monthly fees and gem store doesn’t really make you wanna use use it, alltho currency exchange is kitten nice feature too so you can buy gems for in-game money. How is this possible, this is kitten amazing and so hard to believe but it seems that it’s possible.

I don’t think “running out of ideas” is actually a real concern. It’s a lot more likely that there will be a myriad of ideas for the whole game’s lifespan- but some of them you’ll like, and some you won’t. I agree with you that the game is a stupidly ridiculous value.

There’s still TONS of unexplored material relating to the Dragons, the Mursaat, Palawa Joko and other GW1 elements, additional major areas like the Ring of Fire, Crystal Desert and other continents… plenty to keep the creative brain occupied

Money from GW1 to create GW2. Money from GW2 Gem/Ca$h $hop (virtual items you don’t actually need to play) to fund new “content”. Don’t forget some of the GW2 profit will probably go towards Wildstar so eventually the GW2 cow will run dry. NCsoft is a real gem.

I don’t think I understand any of this comment but I’d just like to point out the “GW2 profit will fund Wildstar” theory as a bit ludicrous. NCSoft might use some portion of its total revenue share for promotion and infrastructure that exceeds the profits garnered from any individual game, but Carbine will have to be profitable as a development studio on its own to survive, and more importantly NCSoft has no incentive to lessen the quality of a successful profit center to assist another studio. Even if you look at them in pure “greedy financial monster” terms it’s a silly claim.

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

its all temp content anyways, they’re shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

This gave me such a good laugh. Well, they release content every 2 weeks, don’t compare it to any expansions from other MMOs. A traditional expansion has like 20 years of living story – and an expansion won’t got away after 2 weeks.

Also the “story” is terrible atm. Nothing like GW1. I hope they will run out of these ideas and go back to expand on the GW1 lore.

GW1 did not have gemstore and it was still worth it for them. I’m always amused seeing people getting so amazed by something GW1 did 20 times better with 20 times less income.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

I'm afraid!

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

If anet releases that much content, what if they run out ideas?

their ideas haven’t been that great to begin with. When they start creating good ideas then you should start worrying.

Frost and Flame has been the closest to actual decent content which slowly builds up to a dramatic ending and also leaves a question (mystery) when you interrogate the dredge. That was nicely done. It also allowed you to build a relationship with two new characters who remember you in future patches. The hidden clues given to you by the whisperer agent actual made me interested in what the dungeon might reveal. You learn about the relationship between Braham and Eir, and a bit about Norn culture. The fixing signposts and refugee quests went on for far too long otherwise it would of been an ok start to the patch.

Ever since then the living story has been boring…

i so agree they should have stayed on that path and expanded around the molten alliance having us research it more find more stuff and delve into it to find who was head of it then have us kill or destroy the head person and move to next ls story. i felt they could have taken 6 months just doing molten alliance stuff but instead they went all herky jerky on us and realy screwed up a possible good thing. they could have brought us these bi weekly updates and just expand on things about the molten alliance. makes its a series first we find evidence the alliance then get attacked. then we start investigating about them find the first base then the second base after a few updates we find the headquarters. we espinoge a few episodes then decide what we have to do to take them down. then a couple chapter doing what we decided. i think a more linear path would have been awesome