Illuminati?

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

This is a joke, of course, but anyone notice that the symbol above Abbadon’s statue in the latest pic of Episode 5 looks like an “All-Seeing Eye” in that sun inside of a pyramid/triangle? Seemed uncanny.

Well, at least we know who ANet is really working for…

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayahuaska.3567

Ayahuaska.3567

The entire game is incredibly esoteric.

EDIT: One of my favorite metaphors yet was when your character sees “the Eternal Alchemy” in the living story. Anyone who’s had an experience with exogenous DMT is able to relate to that.

(edited by Ayahuaska.3567)

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: Wrath.6074

Wrath.6074

^^I thought the same thing about the “Eternal Alchemy”. We got some enlightened people working at ArenaNet eh.
@Ayahuaska.3567

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I mean never mind that a lot of it relates to wider fields of real world philosophy. But sure, if your minds immediately go to that then so be it.

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

(Oh no, this one has learned the truth! We must silence him!)

Elsewhere, at the Home Development Lab…

“Zojja? Where’ve you been?”

“I’ve been busy, but you’re ready to know why. Let’s find a nice vacant room.”

“Okay, I’m going to tell you the truth about the Eternal Alchemy: We work for Abbadon!”

“What? But…isn’t he dead?”

“Only mostly. We’re preparing his return to this plane of existence, upon which he will make us the Master Race. Will you be our servant?”

“Well sure, it’ll be lucrative, right?”

“Yes! Of course! Mwahahahahaha…”

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Too bad s/he has moved on to FFXIV. I joke.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Eye of Janthir (All-Seeing Eye/Eye of Horus)
Asura
Abbadon
Balthazar
Necromancer
Djinn
Mesmer
Jotun
Arcana
Shadow Arts
Norn
Naga
Dwayna
Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc….there’s so many religious and occult references in GW 1 & 2 that it would take pages. It’s hardly any different in any of the rest of the games in the ‘RPG’ genre tbh. The Final Fantasy series (some of my favorites) takes the cake for ‘cut-n-pasting’ names/themes/characters of the worlds’ many religions. It mostly boils down to the New Age culture we live in now. Even though it’s not ‘new’ at all and ‘now’ could probably be changed to ‘shortly after the dawn of civilization’.

The ‘Eye of Janthir’ was a rare mini that you could summon in GW1. It was a 3D version of what you saw.

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The entire design above the statue of Abaddon is an old old design from the days of Prophecies. It lined the background art for the boxes, manual, an website. In lore, that is a map of the Mists created by Lord Odran – the first (known) mortal to enter into the Mists without the aid of higher beings.

I made a thread about it here.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Illuminati?

in Living World

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

Yeah, I love the alchemical / esoteric references in GW1+2 – the real esoteric mysteries, not the distortional stuff New Age loonies are mashing up. Think that Arenanet so far used these references in a smart, sensitive, respectful manner. Really hope they will keep it that way … :-) Not only to pay deference to these ancient stories of mankind, but to give their own story the appropriate depth.

Example – story of Abaddon in the “Book of Revelation” – Abaddon the Angel of the Abyss / Bottomless Pit: At Rev 9: 1-3, the “5th Trumpet” rings, a star falls down from the sky, which holds the key to the Abyss (presumably Abaddon), opens the Abyss and a horde of locusts emerge, which then tormented for five months anyone who did not had the seal of God on their foreheads. Towards the end of the Book of Revelation (Rev 20:1-3), the Angel again descends from the heaven which holds the key to the Abyss, fights and binds the Dragon (sic! here another word for Satan) and throws Satan down into the Abyss. With his key, he locks Satan away, for thousand years to come.

Some nice analogies to Abaddon in GW1/GW2: 1) Angel of the Abyss, 2) Abaddon frees the locusts which destroyed all sinners = gives the magic to the people which at the end threatened to destroy them altogether because of their greediness, 3) Abaddon fights the Dragon and throws him into the Abyss = … we might see where the Guild Wars story is heading …

Admittedly, different scholars during mankinds history do not agree upon the figure of Abaddon in the Book of Revelation. Some view him as the Angel / King of the Abyss, some view him as the Demon of the Abyss. But even this has been smartly translated into Guild Wars lore. Even here, Abaddon is depicted as an ambigious character. Well done, Arenanet. :-)

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | RĂ©mi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

(edited by AuroraW.7149)