Ingame vendor selling achievement points

in Living World

Posted by: NINJAWARRIOR.2376

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

I know that allot players want to get faster the achievements points for the skins and rewards. (i cant place at suggestions so i hope its fine to do it here?)

Allot players have to much karma points left, and also have allot Pile Of Bloodstone Dust and Crystalline Ore and Empyreal Fragments that drops allot at W VS W or EOTM. (Obsidian shard cost karma points)

My suggestion is to make a vendor that sells achievements points for something like:
bloodstone Brick (you need Obsidian shard cost karma points)1 = 1 achievement point

Crystalline Ingot (you need Obsidian shard cost karma points) 1 = 1 achievement point

Empyreal Star (you need Obsidian shard cost karma points) 1 = 1 achievement point

I think its a good thing because allot players dont know what to do with karma points or Pile Of Bloodstone Dust and Crystalline Ore and Empyreal Fragments, when they have already everything what they wanted to make.

This will give a boost to players that wants the skins unlocked from achievement points and or the rewards.

I hope that you all like my suggestion, so allot players dont get bored to do allot events wich they maybe dont like allot to get the achievement points.

With this option players can choose to stay fighting at W VS W or EOTM.

I think allot players will agree that its boring to get the achievements points faster, because to get it faster you need to do all kind of achievements, and that can take allot years, depends of course on how many hours a day you play and how good you are. If players can buy achievement points i think they have a new reason to stay playing, and dont get bored, and than they will not stop playing like allot players did.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How would achievement points really be an achievement if you could buy them by farming EotM all day? This would also diminish the prestige of having the various armor skins.

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I’ll tell you what you can do with all that surplus ore, dust and fragments. Delete them. I have 50 bricks of every imaginable ascended crafing material and 3 stacks of every unrefined type. I use my Mawdrey to gobble up its daily rations of dust. All the rest goes straight into the trash bin. By now I think of them as trash rewards. Just junk that takes up bank space.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in Living World

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I’ll tell you what you can do with all that surplus ore, dust and fragments. Delete them. I have 50 bricks of every imaginable ascended crafing material and 3 stacks of every unrefined type. I use my Mawdrey to gobble up its daily rations of dust. All the rest goes straight into the trash bin. By now I think of them as trash rewards. Just junk that takes up bank space.

If it’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s don’t do this^

Odds are Anet will find a way for people to use up the current excess ore and fragments, just like with the addition of the Mawdrey. Or who knows, perhaps new armor or weapons will require ore/fragments. It’s like people trashing silk before they became part of ascended crafting. Bad call, imo. Another example is boss exotics for the rare achievement collection or even champ bag weapons. All of that stuff was cheap up until Anet made a use for it.

So rare stuff like that, it’s probably best to store it and wait to see what comes up in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I’ve been storing those ascended materials for… however long it’s been. A dev once said not delete it as there would be more uses, but all that ever can were those recipes and then Mawdrey after… a year?

At this point, I doubt ArenaNet will ever add something that you would really want to blow these materials on because too many people would complain after having deleted thousands of this stuff. I have several characters full of dragonite for example and don’t even bother with it anymore. Over the last month I’ve probably deleted 50-100 stacks of the stuff from Silverwastes.

As for buying achievements, you basically can. Look at the living story achievements and how people cheat them.

in Living World

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Even though earning achievement points or crafting ascended/prestigious armor does get rather long and tedious. I have to say buying them crosses the line for me. It completely nulls the value and the entire purpose of earning them altogether.

You need to put forth the work and effort to get them. Simply spending currency doesn’t fulfill that, anyone can grind currency and spend it.

So I’d have to say no thanks to this.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

There is an achievement to drink drinks.

You can get the drinks you drink by buying them from a vendor.

Dear Naysayers, I ask you this:

What is the difference between this suggestion and what is already in the game?

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

The drinks achievement is finite; buying achievement points would – as I read OP’s suggestion – not have that limit.

Hence – a big NO. Let achievements stay as they are.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

Thanks for your respons, i can read that some of you say the same thing and thats you dont know what to do with those ore from W VS W or EOTM after you made all you need.

Thats the reason why i make this suggestion.

And you can still do achievements of course, you get more points, and also achievements give rewards.

The problem is allot players get bored doing achievements, and they spend many hours a day in W VS W but dont get allot achievement points like others that only do events, i think its fair that also players that play more at W VS W or EOTM get a change to get a bit more points.

I dont want to spend 3 years for achievements for only to get my flame skin costume reward complete from achievements chests, i will get bored like hell and stop playing this game, and i think thats one of the reasons why allot players stopped playing already.

I have friends that had a guild with more than 400 members, most times 90% of the members stopped playing because they was bored, and i did see it happen to allot other guilds also.

in Living World

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

I also want to say you can also change the value of course±
bloodstone Brick (you need Obsidian shard cost karma points)1 = 1 achievement point

Crystalline Ingot (you need Obsidian shard cost karma points) 1 = 1 achievement point

Empyreal Star (you need Obsidian shard cost karma points) 1 = 1 achievement point

You can change 1 in 10 ore if you want a full stack of 250, but than when it also takes to long it can get bored also again.

Players forget how long it takes to get enough karma and the ore, but it may not be easy of course, but new players also want to get a change to get a bit the same level AP.

Its up to GW2 – Arenanet to do with it what they like of course and they can make the numbers better than me, they know what it can do, and for me and i think allot others, its more fun to get also more AP (Achievement Points).

I realy hope something like this will happen in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Winner.

Besides, don’t you have to earn laurels by doing achievements? Daily and monthly at the time I post this? So, heck, why not?

ANet’s already selling certain gear, for laurels, we previously had to earn with badges. So, yes, it’s already in the game.

Might as well go full circle.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think there is probably a VERY large use for ascended mats coming up in the next feature patch. They have upped the drop rate of ascended mats by nearly 1000%. Getting emp frags and dragonite used to require hard work, doing specific activities for long periods of times. Now I get 3 stacks a day of each just from playing the game normally.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

I noticed this too. So much so, I had to buy extra storage space. Truly, I hope they let us sell the shards and ore. Or, at least, let us put them on the Trading Post.

Since I don’t craft, nor have that plant that eats it, being that it’s crafting connected.

Again, I hope you’re right.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

I think there is probably a VERY large use for ascended mats coming up in the next feature patch. They have upped the drop rate of ascended mats by nearly 1000%. Getting emp frags and dragonite used to require hard work, doing specific activities for long periods of times. Now I get 3 stacks a day of each just from playing the game normally.

Holy crap. You called it. Look at this from the Wintersday Notes:

Wintersday Gift Tree
The latest trend in Tyrian holiday decor, these trees provide Wintersday gifts year-round and are attractive in any home, whether it’s in the heart of the Black Citadel or the outskirts of Rata Sum. Receive yours by helping the orphans of Divinity’s Reach find their lost ornaments. Also, the Star of Gratitude provides additional rewards for those of you with empyreal fragments to spare.

Gone to Reddit.