Is Anet Punking us?

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: Gany.1793

Gany.1793

Let me start by prefacing this with the fact that I have never been correct in my idea of what Anet is doing.

With that said, I believe Anet is punking us. We are being told it is Mordremoth swimming through the ley lines. In truth, I do not believe that to be so, and I also believe Anet is giving us a huge hint that it is wrong. By that, I mean the new backpiece we have been crafting.

In order to craft it we need a seed from the vines and some leyline infused rocks. Wow. We’re gonna have go mine some rocks! Oh, wait…no we don’t. Here they are in Scarlets secret lab! Isn’t that convenient.

THEORY: At the end of Tower of Nightmares Scarlet retrieves something from the Toxic Hybrid cocoon and then dashes off to places unknown. Perhaps what she retrieved was a seed. A seed she took back to her leyline hub lab, where she had been mining Ley Line Infused rocks to make a Lay Line Infused Clay pot. She then plants the seed and packs it with some yummy food and stashes it in the pool of leyline energy. She then uses her thumpers to find a pool of ley line energy that will polarize the clay pot so her seed will bloom when it comes into contact with it. She then uses her giant drill to access that pool and sends a shockwave through it to send its special polarizing nature through the ley lines to her waiting proto plant. Of course, the waves doesn’t just stop there and, bonus, she wakes up a sleeping dragon. The purpose, however, is just to give birth to her seed.

her seed with now grows into a giant, carnivorous plant with lots of vines, intent on making its way to the pale tree, thus completing Scarlets vision from Omad’s machine.

As to the whole world leader must die thing….though would suggest the intended target is the Pale Mother, though I would remind everyone, just cause she is targeted, doesn’t mean the attack will succeed.

OK…that’s my maniacal rambling. Soon we shall find out the truth of it.

Gany

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I kind of like where this idea is going, even if I think it is wrong. One of the cool things about the concept is that it fits with Scarlet’s vision of red vines entangling the pale tree.

But do you know what would be a great dare? If making the vine backpiece had some effect on the player’s story. You enter an instance and when you go near one of Scarlet’s devices and all of a sudden the backpiece goes nuts. It could be the same instance in all other respects except the back piece means you have to do a tough boss fight,

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

As long has it has to do with new WvW content then it’s all good.

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The only issue with your theory is that Colin has already confirmed that Scarlet woke Mordremoth, thus we’re dealing with him next. Beyond that, they’ve discussed that we’re dealing with Mordremoth in the PoI twitch streams, and have already solidified that the tentacles we’re dealing with come from Mordi.

Now, I’m not against having a plot twist somewhere in here, but to have them nix the dragon would have people up in arms. We really don’t need yet another thing for people to kitten about on here.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

While I personally thought Scarlet was “ok” as a villain reducing the current threat to Scarlet’s house plant would basically kill all good will LS2 has created.

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: Brannidus.4175

Brannidus.4175

It all makes sense now…

The alliance forming, the zone invading, showing up at every festival…

the alliances were her bots, the invasions were farming, and she attended every festival to get the rewards early so she could sell them on TP while they were still pricy.

She just needed money for all the plant food and foxfire clusters!

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

THEORY: At the end of Tower of Nightmares Scarlet retrieves something from the Toxic Hybrid cocoon and then dashes off to places unknown. Perhaps what she retrieved was a seed. A seed she took back to her leyline hub lab, where she had been mining Ley Line Infused rocks to make a Lay Line Infused Clay pot. She then plants the seed and packs it with some yummy food and stashes it in the pool of leyline energy. She then uses her thumpers to find a pool of ley line energy that will polarize the clay pot so her seed will bloom when it comes into contact with it. She then uses her giant drill to access that pool and sends a shockwave through it to send its special polarizing nature through the ley lines to her waiting proto plant. Of course, the waves doesn’t just stop there and, bonus, she wakes up a sleeping dragon. The purpose, however, is just to give birth to her seed.

So we really are growing Scarlet’s little baby! LOL! I thought that backpiece looked too much like a bundled-up human baby.

I’m still hoping that the backpiece will be sentient! Yes, i’m being serious. For my Sylvari couple, it will be like having a kid! One can only hope!

It all makes sense now…

The alliance forming, the zone invading, showing up at every festival…

the alliances were her bots, the invasions were farming, and she attended every festival to get the rewards early so she could sell them on TP while they were still pricy.

She just needed money for all the plant food and foxfire clusters!

That definitely explains everything that happened in Season 1! LOL!!

Is Anet Punking us?

in Living World

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

the back peice comes alive and burrows into your spine and then vines explode through your chest causing an instant defeat

only way to complete the instance is without the back peice