Is anything else happening?

in Living World

Posted by: Gannon Bow Freak.3710

Gannon Bow Freak.3710

Recently i was thinking LS is all about confronting scarlet. Is nothing else new happening in the world? Are no Asura’s creating new helpful inventions? i want some kind of peaceful, humorous sidetask to do instead of the main scarlet opposing content. Maybe we could turn Ascalon green again, or assist some crazy asura in their inventions, or jump into a charr gladitorial arena accepting new combatants. As many other forum lines suggest scarlet can get old and boring and grindy. I want something that makes the world feel like it doesn’t revolve around the current bad guy.

P.S. I liked Pre-Searing so i want some kind of charr-human initiative using sylvari plant magic and asuran tech to turn Ascalon green again.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You mean new Dynamic Event chains? Anet has given up on those.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i think if we see any of this itll be the next chapter of ls and i think well see some short chapter of ls and not related to the bigger mixed in with the bigger picture. to me that makes more sense then trying to stream how they did the ls story this time. maybe two chapter with minor story arcs then two concentrating on the bigger issues then two or three on a minor issue then 3 concentrating on the bigger issues. i think its going to be yes we know we have this to do but this just came up and must be taken care of before we can continue with the big issue

in Living World

Posted by: Numu Boltar.6105

Numu Boltar.6105

So true – so sad.

GG

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

They kinda gave up too soon. Hell, just today i ran into that NPC antagonist guild they introduced a year ago for the first time.

ANet problem is that they initially vastly overestimated how many there would be with a Woodenpotato level interest in scouring the world for changes and hidden messages.

As such, they didn’t announce the events much beyond a line entry in a much larger patch.

And surprise surprise, most people didn’t notice if the event they ran into the middle of had been there all the time or was recently introduced.

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

So true – so sad.

GG

Didn’t they put new event chains recently into Kessex Hills after the fall of the Tower?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

There is Queensdale, isn’t that enough?

in Living World

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

So true – so sad.

GG

Didn’t they put new event chains recently into Kessex Hills after the fall of the Tower?

They did. They added a lot of dynamic event chains in Kessex Hills. They also added the toxic spore events in other zones like Queensdale, Brisban and Gendarran. Also the new bosses are still working on Dynamic Event framework. They clearly have not “given up” the DE mechanic. People just choose to ignore some facts in order to justify their arguments.

in Living World

Numu Boltar.6105

You mean the Zerg-Events ? Sorry, that kind of gameplay (mindless rushing) is not for me.

in Living World

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

First, just because an event requires large numbers of players does noy mean it is zerg content. The phrase comes from the starcraft zergling that is mindless and just has basic attacks. Tequatl, Marionette and Wurm require some strategy and forethought. Hardly zerg content. Second, you supported they idea that they abandoned the idea of dynamic events, which they haven’t. And maybe you don’t like these events and that is ok. But clearly they have been adding dynamic events in the game semi-regularly.

in Living World

Numu Boltar.6105

Good for you, that the hole event at the Marionette challenges you, and you’re getting your fun out of it. I hope this will not change for you.

in Living World

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Events that have happened since Scarlet was introduced that don’t revolve around her: Super adventure box, Tequatl, Halloween, Fractals, and Wintersday. One of which is a helpful Asuran invention and one is a peaceful humorous side task.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So true – so sad.

GG

They are the best at making good games into the worst game, they should have a title for that also.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Living World

Numu Boltar.6105

Events that have happened since Scarlet was introduced that don’t revolve around her: Super adventure box, Tequatl, Halloween, Fractals, and Wintersday. One of which is a helpful Asuran invention and one is a peaceful humorous side task.

Sorry, but SAB/Halloween are currently not playable. The Bossfight with Tequatl needs a membership in a big guild – and Fractals are in a complete different ballpark.

PS. I don’t mean to reduce your fun with the game, but i hope anet will change the direction of the game in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

My point was simply that other things did happen during the Scarlet arc that did not revolve around her. Nothing more nothing less

in Living World

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Recently i was thinking LS is all about confronting scarlet. Is nothing else new happening in the world? Are no Asura’s creating new helpful inventions? i want some kind of peaceful, humorous sidetask to do instead of the main scarlet opposing content. Maybe we could turn Ascalon green again, or assist some crazy asura in their inventions, or jump into a charr gladitorial arena accepting new combatants. As many other forum lines suggest scarlet can get old and boring and grindy. I want something that makes the world feel like it doesn’t revolve around the current bad guy.

Emm, actually yes. I assume you want to think this way, but it’s not truth
Asura inventions – hologramme technology. SAB technology.
Human invention – watchknights technology.
Multicultural – airships technology by Inquest, airship technology by Bazaar
Scarlet – a lot of crazy stuff.
And about story – yeah, to be honest I want some calm peaceful content ;_; Like Queensdale hearts, things that doesn’t involve war. But it just hard times, I believe. I think after Scarlet war we will have some peace before dragons. I hope at least

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

They kinda gave up too soon. Hell, just today i ran into that NPC antagonist guild they introduced a year ago for the first time.

ANet problem is that they initially vastly overestimated how many there would be with a Woodenpotato level interest in scouring the world for changes and hidden messages.

As such, they didn’t announce the events much beyond a line entry in a much larger patch.

And surprise surprise, most people didn’t notice if the event they ran into the middle of had been there all the time or was recently introduced.

I remember this. And then the devs said “Well, we listen to what you’re saying… But we also listen to what you’re NOT saying… And you didn’t say ANYTHING about the new events we added… So obviously you didn’t enjoy them….”

Come ON. Why is that the automatic assumption? More events are always good, why does it even need discussion? When I picked through the release notes again I found which events they were talking about – And realized that I had played them, and of course I enjoyed them. But I had NO idea they were new.

No news can sometimes be good news, Arenanet. Not every cool feature you add is going to result in accolades on the forums. This is because when people are happy, they are too busy playing the game and enjoying the new content.

(edited by BatsLoveCaves.5768)

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

So true – so sad.

GG

They are the best at making good games into the worst game, they should have a title for that also.

“Destroyer of Worlds”
I would love that title.