Is there a low map cap?

Is there a low map cap?

in Living World

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Hi,

I’ve already spent some hours in the new Dry Top map, and I can’t help feeling that it seems empty. But I know there are many playing, so why does it seem so?

Map cap is all I can think of. Maybe to lower the system requirements with the sandstorm going on also, or maybe just to limit zerg size? The map chat has been virtually nil, even when I end up talking to myself

Sure people are jumping in/out doing the story elements, or just (like me) changing characters.. still doesn’t seem like much going on. Anyone else find something similar?

Cheers

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Is there a low map cap?

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Map cap is all I can think of. Maybe to lower the system requirements with the sandstorm going on also, or maybe just to limit zerg size? The map chat has been virtually nil, even when I end up talking to myself

Yes I have noticed too that the map chat was quite silent when I played a few hours ago and that the map always felt empty.

Maybe A-Net lowered the map cap intentionally because it is a small map and it should not feel crowded. Maybe most players were playing the story-instance first, which would take some time.

Greetings.