Is there any compensate for chineses players?

in Living World

Posted by: puppis.1068

puppis.1068

The chinese server will be up online at May 1,
That is to say, when chinese players login their charactor,what they can see
are ruins of Lion`s Arch .These pity players will not understand what happened.
Chinese players have no chance to play "Molten Facility “,”Dragon Ball Game",
“Super Adventure Box” any more ,and so on.

It is unfair for chineses players.

Is there any compensate for chineses players? such as an instance version of Lion`s Arch,or special “Mist of Molten Facility” in FOTM.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I was born in 1988.
When that happened I had missed both world wars, and the majority of the cold war. That is very unfair, I should be compensated?

For them it will basically be exactly like it was for us when we started playing the game.
There was stuff that happened before we turned up, that is now part of the history of the world. I never got the see the Rise of Orr, nor did I get to see the forming of Destiny’s Edge.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

The chinese server will be up online at May 1,
That is to say, when chinese players login their charactor,what they can see
are ruins of Lion`s Arch .These pity players will not understand what happened.
Chinese players have no chance to play "Molten Facility “,”Dragon Ball Game",
“Super Adventure Box” any more ,and so on.

It is unfair for chineses players.

Is there any compensate for chineses players? such as an instance version of Lion`s Arch,or special “Mist of Molten Facility” in FOTM.

gw2 wiki and/or atlas

Life is unfair. Better get used to it now. lol

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It’s the same for any new players who buy the game today, or in a years time. Unless you play from launch you are always going to miss out on things, that’s how MMO’s work. You shouldn’t be compensated because you haven’t lost anything… Anet have put measures in place to ensure that new players and the chinese players understand the story so far/what is going on.

in Living World

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Molten facility is split into 2 fractals, so is aetherblade retreat. SAB will likely come back since it was such a huge hit twice already. Wurm and teq are permanent so they can do that.

Other than those nope, they won’t. That being said they can get that “new” feeling of events, dungeons, fractals. You know, back before I overplayed them because of lack of new content.

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

The temporary nature of the living story is an ongoing issue that has been talked about plenty, the issue is not specific to Chinese players.

in Living World

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

They have a lot of stuff in the fractals and Twilight assault. What really grinds my gears is the amount of grind they have to do for their exp. Its said that this is wanted by the chinese demographic.. but man… if there is just one person who feels differently, I pity that guy..

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

This calls for an interesting question.. What will LA look like on May 1st?

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I was born in 1988.
When that happened I had missed both world wars, and the majority of the cold war. That is very unfair, I should be compensated?

I get what you mean, I also agree with what you mean.
But that was a terrible comparison.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Lol, in the sense of “why on earth would you want to experience a world war?”

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m more concerned about LS unique items. Chinese players miss out on many backpieces and other stuff from meta/drop during various Living Stories and that’s not one or two items, rather like 7-10% of all skins for some slots, even more maybe.

So they’ll never be able to get them….
Or will they just buy them with gems ?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I didn’t know that they were going to pick up where we left off – at least I haven’t read anything that specifically states that. Is there a reason why they’re not starting the same way the NA and EU servers did as it comes to the living story?

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

they really haven’t said anything about having LA destroyed for china’s release. they will most likely start from the start, before LA was destroyed with every event that we’ve had in the past.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Living World

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Klonex, that would be really nice, but assuming updates to the Living World are going to be released every two weeks as per normal, wouldn’t that set the Chinese community one year behind us?

Even if they do make all events as instances (for whatever odd reason), it’s going to be hard to recreate the fun, zerging skirmishes between a horde of players and say, Tequatl. A party of 5 trying to attack an angry dragon is just asking for a wipe. Not to mention that if instances were created, people who have missed early events in NA and EU will be clamoring for it.

IMHO, the status quo is really the best, although not the most perfect, solution. I guess even though Chinese players have missed some pretty historical moments, now that they’ve officially joined the world of Tyria, they can still look forward to many more years of exciting Living World events.

in Living World

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

They don’t necessarily have to start where the other regions are. It’d be entirely possible to start them out on the first living story. and have them go through the motions.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Living World

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Klonex, that would be really nice, but assuming updates to the Living World are going to be released every two weeks as per normal, wouldn’t that set the Chinese community one year behind us?

Even if they do make all events as instances (for whatever odd reason), it’s going to be hard to recreate the fun, zerging skirmishes between a horde of players and say, Tequatl. A party of 5 trying to attack an angry dragon is just asking for a wipe. Not to mention that if instances were created, people who have missed early events in NA and EU will be clamoring for it.

IMHO, the status quo is really the best, although not the most perfect, solution. I guess even though Chinese players have missed some pretty historical moments, now that they’ve officially joined the world of Tyria, they can still look forward to many more years of exciting Living World events.

if it set them one year behind us what difference would it make? for anybody? they already not had the game at all for this long. It really wouldnt make the slightest difference for anyone. however if you went the other way the Chinese would miss a ton of story, yet the rest of the world would still be unaffected.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Lol, in the sense of “why on earth would you want to experience a world war?”

He doesn’t, he wants to white knight in as many threads as possible without engaging in discussions in good faith.

I think I read in an interview that China will be on the same page as everyone else, they won’t have to endure Scarlet and her lore wrecking ball. Lucky them.

Think of it this way, the events of the three Guild Wars 2 novels take place before the game launched. Each of those books has given the game historical context today. Some of them have created locations in the world today (Killean’s grave) some have left behind landmarks (Cobiah’s plaques and statues etc), some established key plot points (the human and charr state of diplomacy) and others have laid the foundation for modern cities (I haven’t finished reading Sea of Sorrows – I got bored – but appearently it’s about the founding of Lion’s Arch as we knew it). Guild Wars 2 never let you play through these events but their consequences are very real to Tyria and the stories being told today.

Outside of the books several events took place before the game launched, Thaumanova exploded, the Vigil was founded and countless other stories. The destruction of Lion’s Arch is going to be a historical event for Chinese players, no different from the rest of Tyria’s history. The only part that seems awkward to me is the Personal Story instances in Lion’s Arch. Some of them will look weird in Lion’s Arch post-destruction.

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

they really haven’t said anything about having LA destroyed for china’s release. they will most likely start from the start, before LA was destroyed with every event that we’ve had in the past.

The GW2 versions in China and NA/EU are synchronous. Except of China specific Details the builds are identical. All things happened in season 1 are now part of the lore in Tyria. There will be no difference between a Chinese and a German player, who start on May 1st.

in Living World

Posted by: DONO.8760

DONO.8760

Compensation? How about not being subjected to 15 months of the Scarlet Briar Living Story arc? Consider yourself blessed.