Issue with zerg shoveling

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I sometimes wonder if people want to kill this game. So let’s be clear: Loot. Loot is what drives players to play MMOs like Guild Wars. They do the quests and such to gain better gear.

That’s the goal.

The idea what anyone wants to ‘nerf’ something because it doesn’t go with their own personal goals or interests is just selfish. Look at what happened to Queensdale, the Coil, etc.

Yes, it’s selfish. And don’t feed us this ‘it hurts the trading post’ nonsense. How is getting items cheaper going to hurt you? Sure, if you’re a gold seller, it might. But you’ll get over that.

Please quit screaming for nerfs when you can’t get an achievement done because that same zerg, that you want help from, is now doing something other than helping you.

But, honestly, I expect ANet to nerf this to the ground regardless . . . if history is any indication.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I sometimes wonder if people want to kill this game. So let’s be clear: Loot. Loot is what drives players to play MMOs like Guild Wars. They do the quests and such to gain better gear.

That’s the goal.

The idea what anyone wants to ‘nerf’ something because it doesn’t go with their own personal goals or interests is just selfish. Look at what happened to Queensdale, the Coil, etc.

Yes, it’s selfish. And don’t feed us this ‘it hurts the trading post’ nonsense. How is getting items cheaper going to hurt you? Sure, if you’re a gold seller, it might. But you’ll get over that.

Please quit screaming for nerfs when you can’t get an achievement done because that same zerg, that you want help from, is now doing something other than helping you.

But, honestly, I expect ANet to nerf this to the ground regardless . . . if history is any indication.

I hope Anet does something about this if the “problems” I run into the last two days are also on other servers. Nobody is doing the events accept defend Amber. The amount of Lost Bandit Chests around Amber is insane. And as long as you defend Amber you have access to a merchant that sells the keys. There does not seem a lack of shovels so this can go one forever.

The reason I hope something is done is that it is very boring. It kills the game. If loot is only available by doing boring stuff players will stop playing sooner or later. So I don’t scream because I am selfish. I scream because an interesting map with nice events became a boring map. I don’t think there should be room in GW2 for repetitive boring game play. And if that is selfish, sorry for that.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in Living World

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

I sometimes
The reason I hope something is done is that it is very boring. It kills the game. If loot is only available by doing boring stuff players will stop playing sooner or later. So I don’t scream because I am selfish. I scream because an interesting map with nice events became a boring map. I don’t think there should be room in GW2 for repetitive boring game play. And if that is selfish, sorry for that.

So our only choice is “no loot”? Do you really think people will do more of other events if the loot gets killed? I don’t like being focused by elite wolfs when I’m on my staff ele, so I prefer to be near primary group.

Event chains around Amber are plentiful, you get to kill a lot of stuff and, oh yeah, open the chests that give some loot (I don’t know how people made tons of gold on those, they don’t seem to give great things, or my account is not quite lucky). I wouldn’t call it boring.

in Living World

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Not sure what the problem here is. After we trigger the assault, and kill all the bosses, we zerg around hunting for chests for 5 minutes. We redo the event, complete, zerg, rinse and repeat. My only complaint is the lack of bank access.

The key detail here is that all other fortresses are neglected, and only Amber is defended. While this does progress the meta, it’s a lot less efficient.

Honestly, I wish ArenaNet had made it a mandatory requirement to hold all Forts at level 3 defence to trigger the breach.

Today I joined (randon on login) a chest farming map. It was horrid for actual profit per hour compared to an organized full map completing map. First, I didn’t get a single shovel the whole time – defending every time it was up. I think the higher the defense rating, the higher the shovel chance. I also received fewer gear bags and no rare gear bags from the breaches.

A completing map seems to get me way more of all the bags faster. In between defenses, I could easily hit up several chests outside any fort I opted to be at. The extra rare loot bags from killing more breach champs really add up. And the breach happens faster (or at least seems to) when the map is doing everything. Let alone more of the regular gear bags that can give rares and exotics too.

Straight shovel farming seems less efficient than other areas of the game. I think most people just aren’t realizing this and/or are preferring to mooch other’s shovels/work.

This is wrong. People are making hundreds of gold chest farming. I go in there with no shovels and come out with no shovels and still manage to get a ton of loot. The Zerg is self sufficient. The number posts about this issue is a testament as to why this is so broken.

They could be making “hundreds of gold” but they rarely state how long it take them nor how lucky they are on what they get out of the champ bags. The average champ bag yields less than the other possibilities. You get garunteed more bags if you mix the chest farm into the actual map meta. Faster breaches mean more rare bags in less time.

So yes, I see their “hundreds of gold” and I’ll double it (or more) in the same time cranking out the map-wide meta. Chest farming is not the most money:time, it’s simply the easiest. And it’s only “broken” because too many people can’t see past ease of acquisition to actually do the math that a little more effort brings more.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

I hope Anet does something about this if the “problems” I run into the last two days are also on other servers. Nobody is doing the events accept defend Amber. The amount of Lost Bandit Chests around Amber is insane. And as long as you defend Amber you have access to a merchant that sells the keys. There does not seem a lack of shovels so this can go one forever.

You don’t get it. Your answer is why I call the motivation selfish. Watch.

[The reason I hope something is done is that it is very boring for me. It kills the game for me. If loot is only available by doing boring stuff players will stop playing sooner or later. So I don’t scream because I am selfish. I scream because an interesting map with nice events became a boring map for me. I don’t think there should be room in GW2 for repetitive boring game play for me. And if that is selfish, sorry for that.]

But, for the people farming the chests, it’s anything but boring . . . for them. Do not get that twisted. It’s not altruism and please don’t pretend otherwise.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Nerfed now, close thread, EOS. Those of us who did events, farmed chests, thank you for your help in going back to the rest of Tyria.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Nerfed now, close thread, EOS. Those of us who did events, farmed chests, thank you for your help in going back to the rest of Tyria.

Not nerfed, but fixed. The patch notes clarify that it was a bug. The high loot level at Amber was never intentional.

I should be writing.

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I’m quite certain that Arenanet has their own version of the SW map which showed each and every chest. Anyone looking at said map would notice that the majority were above Amber. Not a bug, perhaps fixing their mistake. Was fun while it lasted. Dungeons groups will fill quicker. Thanks all for the QQ’ing

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: Korskarn.9120

Korskarn.9120

Fixed ? Really ? If it was that much high compared to the others forts, it was hardly noticeable…
It was the topography of the whole area that made it very easy to run around and scout a big area for chests that were dug up.
Yes, it’s right that much of the time most of the people were only at Amber, and not everyone wasn’t defending it, but as a player who doesn’t have much stuff yet, it was just faster farm which we knew wouldn’t last. It wasn’t even easy farm to hold the fort and get chests between attacks. Even harder than the daily bosses. And for all the hate on the people doing it for hours and only that, they still had to clear all mordrems near chests as they interrupt unlocking. And if anyone was falling to the ground, he was hardly to stay there more than a few secondes, even if the main reason to be there was for the chests.

Instead of “nerfing” it, if the rest of the map was as much worthwhile, it would have never happened.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Fixed ? Really ? If it was that much high compared to the others forts, it was hardly noticeable…
It was the topography of the whole area that made it very easy to run around and scout a big area for chests that were dug up.
Yes, it’s right that much of the time most of the people were only at Amber, and not everyone wasn’t defending it, but as a player who doesn’t have much stuff yet, it was just faster farm which we knew wouldn’t last. It wasn’t even easy farm to hold the fort and get chests between attacks. Even harder than the daily bosses. And for all the hate on the people doing it for hours and only that, they still had to clear all mordrems near chests as they interrupt unlocking. And if anyone was falling to the ground, he was hardly to stay there more than a few secondes, even if the main reason to be there was for the chests.

Instead of “nerfing” it, if the rest of the map was as much worthwhile, it would have never happened.

The point is it was far too much loot coming out that formed a neverending cycle

in Living World

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

See for yourself: http://i.imgur.com/13LzAjs.png

Amber has the higher concentration, Blue has fewer, Indigo and Red have fewer still. All referring to the immediate vicinity of the fortress. Slightly outside of the vicinity, Amber still has more chests. This was really obvious if you used the Spade skill to locate them while outside Amber – 8 or 9 green lines popped up. You did not get that many green lines popping up at any other fortress. I also think I may have been one of the initial people to discover that higher concentration, as that happened before chest farming became a thing and I was helping a few guildies use up their keys (and use up my shovels in the process). The 8 green lines popping up surprised me, but I didn’t think too much of it until the next morning when I saw people farming chests at Amber.

I was also among the players who actively stayed away from chest farming and did everything I could to seek out Organized maps.

Combine that with the incredibly short respawn timer, and it’s no wonder it was abused to make a quick buck.

in Living World

Korskarn.9120

Just checked. With the “bug correction”, roughly half the dust pile, particularly those at the north east, have been removed.
(Edit : North east of Amber.)

(edited by Korskarn.9120)

in Living World

Korskarn.9120

There is something wrong with your map. I’am totally sure there is few more dust piles south of Blue Oasis and north of Indigo Cave. Unless they too have been removed a day or two before. But it’s very trustworthy for the chests there were in Amber.
Anyway. Apart of the three south western most dust piles on the map, there is nearly none left in front of Amber now.

in Living World

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

It. Hasn’t. Fixed. KITTEN!

This map is super frustrating because of all the greedy ettins running around instead of doing events. The only way to fix and balance this map is to either only spawn the chests in the window after the bosses spawn OR make the chests once per day harvests.

I was really enjoying this content over the weekend but then the chest farm took over and now it’s just frustrating, annoying and generally pants all around.

in Living World

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

if you’re mad about people farming and not doing events , where were you in the first 3days after patch release- thats when you should be playing!! because after that its harder to get you chieves done like usual. Others have their stuff completed so obviously farming is what is going to be happening. Until Anet finds a way to stretch out or make events last longer to complete. this is the way it has been since the beginning. This hasn’t changed much.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

in Living World

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

if you’re mad about people farming and not doing events , where were you in the first 3days after patch release- thats when you should be playing!! because after that its harder to get you chieves done like usual. Others have their stuff completed so obviously farming is what is going to be happening. Until Anet finds a way to stretch out or make events last longer to complete this is the way it has been since the beginning. This hasn’t changed much.

Busy making sure my bills were paid. Unfortunately.

in Living World

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

if you’re mad about people farming and not doing events , where were you in the first 3days after patch release- thats when you should be playing!! because after that its harder to get you chieves done like usual. Others have their stuff completed so obviously farming is what is going to be happening. Until Anet finds a way to stretch out or make events last longer to complete. this is the way it has been since the beginning. This hasn’t changed much.

Maybe, just maybe, we help each other get all the achievements after getting them ourselves, regardless of when people start working on them.

It’s a cinch in organized maps, Gold and Silver are the only troublesome achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

New build to fix the “bug”… lol

in Living World

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

New build to fix the “bug”… lol

Notice anything different on the map?

in Living World

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Haha so they nerf spawn time of this chests outside amber after all :P O well, have fun in dead map. I got all achis, no reason to stay there :P

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

Haha so they nerf spawn time of this chests outside amber after all :P O well, have fun in dead map. I got all achis, no reason to stay there :P

Pretty much this. If you complainers thought you weren’t getting help before, you can hang it up now since most of us got all the achievements done.

Good luck getting anything in the newest dead zone.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

It. Hasn’t. Fixed. KITTEN!

This map is super frustrating because of all the greedy ettins running around instead of doing events. The only way to fix and balance this map is to either only spawn the chests in the window after the bosses spawn OR make the chests once per day harvests.

I was really enjoying this content over the weekend but then the chest farm took over and now it’s just frustrating, annoying and generally pants all around.

And it will be mostly empty now, instead of “greedy ettins” running around.

in Living World

Posted by: Schei.7301

Schei.7301

The chest spawns west of red rock are very decent as well, also slightly north of that location. There are about 10 total chests around this location, almost as good as amber. The farming could easily be just as good if organized chest farms were to take place in that location…yes chest farm is dead atm, only because people don’t know where to go now.

ldnb

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

There is a lot of spawns around Red Rock, but the crests you receive from chests was stealth-nerfed from 3-5 to 1-3, making it more worthwhile to just buy the bag of goods instead.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Really? Good to know then, Lazaar. I’m mainly farming Crests to buy up the various Sinister recipes. If spending them on keys is going to slow that down, then I’ll just save them up instead.