It's Expansion Time

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

So no, a Ratio of roughly 1 in 10 things that you not only not do, but refuse to do, still stands, and I will continue to not take your opinion seriously, until you atleast try those areas for yourself rather than experience them second hand.

To be perfectly honest I do not care… if you take my opinion about GW2 seriously or not. Especially when the way you acknowledge only parts of my posts that you feel like support the fact that I don’t know what I am talking about. Whether I have not seen one tenth of the game or one fifth of it doesn’t matter I have seen the majority of the content regardless of the ratio (and you yourself said the ratio does not matter).

Regardless, I have certainly seen all the gameplay in terms of core mechanics and then some. It is not like the last tenth of the game is some huge paradigm shift in content model and delivery.

As for my two hours reference that was content like the Opening Ceremony instance not inclusive of gameplay in the open world (like the balloons) or the two major living world dungeons (by my own omission in the very same post). It is impossible to measure how much gameplay each person gets out of those patches but the length of scripted story sequences is the same for everybody.

At the end of the day I can spend my free time in game much better than to go through story I have no interest in just to get one person to take me seriously on a opinion that has nothing whatsoever to do with what you think would give my opinion the credibility it needs to be taken seriously.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Here is my 50 cents, If you ever played GW1 IMHO this is what an expansion should be no extra levels, no gear grind just another story to experience, with the exception of 2 extra classes in each some new features and some different weapon types. There were a total of 3 independent stories, as most are aware these were Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall all taking place on other continents in the world, and independent from each other until you got to the main city then you could go to another one of the other lands and play the remainder of that story, I loved this concept.

The way GW1 did things worked so well partly because it was so heavily instanced… and in theory you did not need previous experience with prophecies to get something unique out of the other games.They were essentially different games in the same universe.

Whatever they choose to do with GW2 the setting itself connects it all together in a way that can not be written off (ie. while each of the continents has their own problems… in the end the peril of Elder Dragons is the same for all of them). The way that they have talked about the possibility of adding more personal story in at later date pretty much makes it so that we will be going through with same characters and proffessions throughout all of it. As far as classes go, if they add new ones in the future there will likely be a great deal of overlap, the only thing that we are sort of missing is a “dark” Guardian (ie. 3rd heavy melee class, focused on offense through indirect damage opposite to the guardian who is support).

The strongest card they have to play are additional races, as far as I see they have two viable candidates there the Kodan or the Tengu. In terms of character progression that would probably be additional weapons or unlocking existing weapons for other classes.

The one reason I can see them being reluctant to play the race card is that the existing five have 80 levels of story content frozen in time prior to Living Story and they probably don’t have an answer as to how they will provide similar content and in what amounts to any new races (and how to tie it to the timeline).

I don’t really think that suddenly dropping all of Cantha or Elona for us to see in a boxed expansion is the way that they will go. Things like opening up Crystal Desert are far more likely to happen first. I see us getting access to those additional continents gradually “landfall” style expanding the playable area as we go. If they plan to keep the 2 week release cadence that is most likely the only way they can realistically pull it off.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Yup, it is expansion time, nuff said.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Arena Net needs sometime to advertise.

They are advertising. I’ve seen it. They are advertising “Free DLC every two weeks”. LW is not going away.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

They are advertising. I’ve seen it. They are advertising “Free DLC every two weeks”. LW is not going away.

I loved the tyrian cabs

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

a DLC is permanent, it’s also something that adds stuff.
LS doesn’t add stuff, it changes places and is gone after a month.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: aGenda.2358

aGenda.2358

I don’t care what you call it but Anet PLEASE add some permanent content to your game. It is a self-defeating design to spend weeks and months developing something to patch into the game only to remove it after a few weeks, at the same time ensuring players that are considering to come back will never come back due to everything they’ve missed and can no longer experience.

This doesn’t make your world ‘living’ it just makes your development paradigms ‘stupid’.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: sawworm.8749

sawworm.8749

I’m still waiting for playable Tengu class and new professions.

LS is getting old, it’s similar to other MMO events but instead of 1 – 2 month patches we are getting it every 2 weeks. Guild Wars 2 needs something permanent, something big, something really exciting that keeps players alive. Almost everybody wants that in community. Remember the GW1 Expansions? Good old times.

It's Expansion Time

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Guild Wars 2 needs something permanent, something big, something really exciting that keeps players alive. Almost everybody wants that in community. Remember the GW1 Expansions? Good old times.

I still remember the magic I felt when I was first exploring Guild Wars: Factions for the first time with my friends. The prospect of a whole new continent, new possibilities, new challenges and epic battles to face. There were also new enemies, new skills, new music, new professions to master, along with an entirely new visual aesthetic.

Factions was definitely not the high point of Guild Wars by any means, but it still managed to give you that feeling you get when you’re discovering something entirely fresh and new.

But the Living Story completely lacks this. It’s reskins of enemies we’ve already met, places we’ve already seen, thin plots to string them together, and stressful time limits. It really does feel more like work than play.

(edited by BatsLoveCaves.5768)