Jade Shard Drop Issue

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

My feelings on the home instance nodes as well. It was not worth it as much at first since there was only one zone but now that there are four I do not have enough time to spend in all of them. Having guaranteed daily UM items balances out when I do not get to that zone (rarely for Bloodstone Fen now). If I need more iron or something I can just buy it if I do not have time to go mine it but that is not an option with account bound resources. Which is why I have yet to buy the basic nodes from the gem store.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Menadena.7482

Why didn’t you say you disabled ALL LS3 nodes? Not only Jade Shards but also Blood Rubbies, Petrified Wood and Winterberries from gathering?

Best not to give them ideas. It is why I am wondering if there is something else going on that is particular to this zone because the items are not disabled and I often farm those areas on different characters twice a day (some people do MANY more characters).

Of course, it could just be they are ‘old’ content so want to give people a reason to stay there but it is still odd they would do this now since all zones do this. As was pointed out AB ML was allowed to continue a long time but this was squashed right away. So I am guessing more was going on than people just farming it more than expected, like they found a way to get multiple shards per strike.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Due to an potential exploit related to drops from Jade Fragments, we have temporarily disabled the drop of Jade Shards from the fragments. Players may continue to mine Jade Fragments for Unbound Magic and Bloodstone Dust, but will not get Jade Shards until we have addressed the issue. Thanks for your understanding.

One word – Mega-servers.

At some point someone has to realise that it is much more sensible to address the root cause, rather than constantly applying patches or fixes to the unwanted effects.

It’s been about a year since John Smith posted that he was looking into addressing some of the problems the current implementation of Mega-servers is causing.

Any news?

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Lilyanna.9361

Lilyanna.9361

Wait!
When did farming on multiple characters become a sudden issue?
I have over ten (going to eleven soon), paid my hard earned money to get the slot and take MY time to level every single character to level 80.
If they really considered hopping on different characters to farm the same thing an exploit that is utter trash.
There is nothing unfair about that, especially when everyone in the game could make a plethora of characters and do the SAME exact thing.
Anyways, I’m not going to get up and arms about this, but I pray that what I listed above will not become an issue

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Devs never said the exploit was farming on multiple characters. That’s just something a player said, and now it’s become the god-honest truth. /smh

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Anet didn’t disabled blood rubies before they put the cap on them, right? I don’t recall it happening then, and wouldn’t expect it this time if the problem was multi-instance/character farming. I’m guessing something more severe was going on this time around.

If multi-farming actually was the reason, the difference could be them not wanting to let it continue over the weekend. I think blood rubies were capped just a couple days in, before the weekend.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Anet didn’t disabled blood rubies before they put the cap on them, right? I don’t recall it happening then, and wouldn’t expect it this time if the problem was multi-instance/character farming. I’m guessing something more severe was going on this time around.

If multi-farming actually was the reason, the difference could be them not wanting to let it continue over the weekend. I think blood rubies were capped just a couple days in, before the weekend.

This situation is different as it didn’t require character swapping. There was a flaw in how they handled the nodes which I won’t get into. It’s explained further on Reddit though.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

People were instance hopping to farm them, but surely that can’t be the reason

No, it can’t be, since instance hopping (a.k.a. multiloot farming) has been a thing in all of the new maps this far.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Menadena.7482

No, it can’t be, since instance hopping (a.k.a. multiloot farming) has been a thing in all of the new maps this far.

Exactly. I do not instance hop but I disconnect from Ember Bay once. When I reconnected I did a double-take that the petrified nodes I had just farmed were showing on my minimap.

I do use multiple characters to farm zones though. Take bitterfrost frontier: I feel if someone wants to run around more with things jumping at you, biting, and freezing you they deserve more loot.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Except there’s always been a cap whether it be account wide or by character. On the new map it was essentially infinite and you could quickly rack up a lot of shards which could then be converted to unbound magic to purchase magic warped bundles/packets.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I just heard about this today from map chat. I’ve been trying to farm the shards and had no clue why I was getting them so slowly when I was hitting every node. My fault for not paying attention to the items entering my inventory, but considering i’ve never had to question it in three years time it’s an understandable mistake.
Would really like there to be some kind of in game notice.

Also I’ll probably hold off on playing the new map and story until this is fixed. I don’t like having to repeatedly grind things I’ve already done before and prefer getting rewarded as I go, as the game is usually very good about doing.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Katiekaboom.1980

Katiekaboom.1980

This is completely unacceptable. I understand that there might be issues that would require the team to suddenly disable a feature but there is absolutely no excuse for having to learn game related stuff like these on forums. I wasted unbound mining picks on multiple characters (that’s 5000 karma each) just to find out now, completely by accident, that the jade fragments currently don’t drop jade shards.

How hard would it be to implement a simple in-game messaging system which would directly feed info like this to the players? You already use something similar every time a new build is released. Just use it to broadcast something like “hey, jade fragments are currently disabled until we fix them”. Instead, I have to spend more time on forums than in the game itself to get info about stuff that is actually happening in the game…

They never have done anything like that in the past, so I’m not sure why you expect them to be doing it today.

That said, I agree that they should cross-post important information all the time, not just for urgent issues. This is the sort of thing that could be published on Reddit, the forums, their twitter/facebook feed, and sure, maybe in game.

I agree that would be a good idea

Is HOT up to your expectations or geared toward one type of player?
HOT is NOT for the Casual (My Sentiments exactly)

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I just heard about this today from map chat. I’ve been trying to farm the shards and had no clue why I was getting them so slowly when I was hitting every node. My fault for not paying attention to the items entering my inventory, but considering i’ve never had to question it in three years time it’s an understandable mistake.
Would really like there to be some kind of in game notice.

Also I’ll probably hold off on playing the new map and story until this is fixed. I don’t like having to repeatedly grind things I’ve already done before and prefer getting rewarded as I go, as the game is usually very good about doing.

Hope this is fixed soon.

The map may get more difficult as players get their achievements and rewards who then stop coming to the map. I wouldn’t hold off or it may get more difficult for you. Just look at the HoT maps and how people struggle to do things that were consistently done for months after launch.

The only thing I have left is the white mantle part of the SS Pinkeens achievement. I don’t plan on touching that map again except to finish it unless they fix the scaling and grindiness of a couple of the hearts (i.e. Saidra and Nolan).

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: TheThinker.8461

TheThinker.8461

Well, maybe I’m the “Lone Wolf” because I do NOT think an ENTIRE online community (who want to work this new map) should be punished because a few jerks figured out how to misuse an oversight that was done by Anet. I am NOT ok with Anet simply making the Nodes LOOK like they are working when in fact, they are not. If it was a accident, that would be one thing, but to purposefully punish everyone, and then make it look like everything is OK stinks. At least one person in this thread said the Nodes shouldn’t work at all then, and if Anet is dead-set on kitten the entire community to punish a few bad players, then I agree wholeheartedly – turn the nodes off 100%. The BEST option would be to just let it go and fix it ASAP.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

This situation is different as it didn’t require character swapping. There was a flaw in how they handled the nodes which I won’t get into. It’s explained further on Reddit though.

I would consider that less of an issue as far as gaining an advantage, since it’s fair to everyone instead of only benefiting those with many alts. Putting in more time/effort and getting more items doesn’t seem like something worth pulling out the nuclear option to stop. A duping exploit or some other method of getting large amounts with zero/little effort just seems more likely given the extreme reaction to stop it.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I would consider that less of an issue as far as gaining an advantage, since it’s fair to everyone instead of only benefiting those with many alts. Putting in more time/effort and getting more items doesn’t seem like something worth pulling out the nuclear option to stop. A duping exploit or some other method of getting large amounts with zero/little effort just seems more likely given the extreme reaction to stop it.

Whether someone gains an advantage or not doesn’t preclude it from needing to be fixed. Anet found that it was a large enough issue to them that they disabled it. It could easily have snowballed once more people learned of it, and did it, which it could have become a very big issue.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

Whether someone gains an advantage or not doesn’t preclude it from needing to be fixed. Anet found that it was a large enough issue to them that they disabled it. It could easily have snowballed once more people learned of it, and did it, which it could have become a very big issue.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be fixed. Putting an account based cap on them like blood rubies is probably the best way to do that. But if multi-instance farming is the only reason for disabling them, it’s a more extreme reaction that isn’t consistent with similar previous issues.

With blood rubies, you had people going as far as recycling level 1 characters to get blood rubies and map completion rewards, which has the same end result as instance hopping as far as gathering is concerned. It went a step farther overall, with abusing the small map for completion rewards. But blood rubies didn’t get disabled to prevent it, the free-for-all continued till it was updated and fixed with a cap.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be fixed. Putting an account based cap on them like blood rubies is probably the best way to do that. But if multi-instance farming is the only reason for disabling them, it’s a more extreme reaction that isn’t consistent with similar previous issues.

With blood rubies, you had people going as far as recycling level 1 characters to get blood rubies and map completion rewards, which has the same end result as instance hopping as far as gathering is concerned. It went a step farther overall, with abusing the small map for completion rewards. But blood rubies didn’t get disabled to prevent it, the free-for-all continued till it was updated and fixed with a cap.

It could be that it wasn’t an easy fix like copy and pasting code. Rather than let it snowball and get out of hand, they opted to disable it to give themselves some time.

The level 1 character thing was an easy fix as they just modified the primary way which they were doing it by making the scrolls usable only by level 80’s. You could still do it with teleport to friend stones but you’re limited by the number that you have.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

It could be that it wasn’t an easy fix like copy and pasting code. Rather than let it snowball and get out of hand, they opted to disable it to give themselves some time.

The level 1 character thing was an easy fix as they just modified the primary way which they were doing it by making the scrolls usable only by level 80’s. You could still do it with teleport to friend stones but you’re limited by the number that you have.

It’s certainly a possible explanation, as I mentioned earlier about the weekend break being a potential difference that sparked this response. But we have no way of knowing if that is true, or if multi-instance farming is even the exploit Gaile was referring to. We just have some players convinced that since it was known to be happening, so it must be the reason.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: casio.7648

casio.7648

I have a work around . please up the magic finds on the nodes. Since you shut the jade shard drop . so at least it would be worth while for me . since seem to be an issue I am always low on them . That would be fine for me

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Thanks for getting the issue fixed so quickly, does that mean that jade nodes will drop shards again?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-February-8-2017/first#post6494481

ANet has patched the problem

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

They supposedly fixed the problem but did not clarify it.

The question I have is whether the limit on jade shards is per acct or per character?

I certainly hope it’s per character as there should not be a reason a person with multiple alts should be penalized for having them and the time to use them.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

“Added a limit to the number of Jade Fragments that can be mined each day.”

So, what’s the limit? Is the limit per account or per character? Does the home instance node count towards the limit?

Why do patch notes always need to be so vague?

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I think it’s account bound a few guild mates and I were only able to farm 50 rubies from the nodes. I don’t know if it was a glitch but after 50 jades it didn’t mater what character we brought in the nodes wernt there to farm.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t know, because the notes are terribly vague, but I would guess that it works the way Bloodstone Crystals and Petrified Stumps work too. You can mine 35 Bloodstone Crystals per account per day, when you mine the 35th node the rest just “disappear” until reset. The home nodes do not count against the limit.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Menadena.7482

So this is only mining or does anyone know? While 50 might seem reasonable if you only run it once or twice generally people play more on things like weekends.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

I got about 50 or so and the nodes disappeared and it appears to be account wide.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Menadena.7482

Was that 50 from everything (hearts, dailies) or just from mining?

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

Mining, I still got shards for dailies after, and I imaging you can still buy the shards from doing hearts.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Menadena.7482

Thanks, so call it, what, 3 characters doing the zone completely since I think I read 16 nodes. Given the zone takes longer than the others not TOO bad but it can be a crunch to someone whose norm is to run multiple alts. I go though many characters in a long session too, I just vary them in different things so I do not get bored but not everyone does that.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Enayla.5631

Enayla.5631

I managed to get ~60 shards before the nodes disappeared (57, I believe). Definitely more than 50. The shards purchased from vendors do not seem to count toward a limit, as I was able to complete a few more hearts afterwards and still buy them.

Jade Shard Drop Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This issue has been addressed, and Jade Shards now can be obtained from Jade Fragments.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet