Jennah Doesn't Say Much

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“Though my closing ceremonies speech was interrupted by Scarlet Briar, I feel I said all that needed to be said.”Queen Jennah

Are you skrittin kidding me? That’s it?!?!

So, Queen Jennah hypes up a speech which is given, not by her, but, by a Mesmer’s clone. Then, when the dust settles, she says that she has said all she needed to say?!?!

Attachments:

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Big Red Candle.5186

Big Red Candle.5186

I totally agree. I feel ripped off. In the original release page “The Queen’s Speech”, it is hyped that she was going to make major announcement. Being that this was the 1-year anniversary patch, I had high hopes. When her speech was interrupted by Scarlett, it was assumed that she would make it later. (As confirmed by the Dev on the livestream chat). Now, not only does the Queen come out and say that is all she had to say, they have erased that line from the release page on the Clockwork Chaos page. False advertising I say. Boo Anet. Very disappointed.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Agreed. What the heck, Anet? She’s “said all that needed to be said”? What did she say before Scarlet cut her off? “Humanity is resilient” for the millionth time? Like she repeated again in the article on the site? We get it. Humanity isn’t dying out. That’s not “big news” or a “major announcement”.

What? Did you guys think we’d forget we were promised that major announcement b/c of Scarlet and her chaos?

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

what I find worse is this message isn’t even in game, you have to go to this website to read it. What should of happened is firstly it should of been in game, and a cutscene to nicely wrap up this chapter.

Personally I would’ve liked to of received a message in the mail to visit the queen at her throne room (even better another room in her palace we haven’t seen yet) There you see all the representatives from each of the races to discuss these attacks. And we discover something new to help drive the story into the next chapter, doesn’t have to be much – just a hint.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I don’t know whether to be happy or sad. On one hand, I won a bet with a friend for predicting that Queen Jennah would say something exactly like this and that her ‘big announcement’ was hyped up by Arena Net to be much more exciting than it actually is.

On the other hand…the story is becoming incredibly stale, predictable and erratic. It started off rather promising. The game world is very large and rich in intriguing elements…and yet so little of them are used. The Elder Dragons and their minions have been brushed aside and despite the hauntingly beautiful delights of Orr the game’s initial dark tone appears to have been replaced by gimmicks, comical villains and festivities.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I’m disappointed that all the cracky awesome predictions in the Queen is pregnant? thread didn’t happen. So much POTENTIAL, Anet!

And yeah, we need to start getting these story updates and character backgrounds
IN GAME!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

“Humanity is resilient! Humans are da bomb! Humans rules! Humans FTW!!!!” -Queen Jenna

Meanwhile Asura/Charr/Sylvari/Norn scowl.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Oh come on now, she thanked all races several times.

OP you sound just like a tabloid ‘journalist’, pulling one quote out of the context. The truth is that she said nothing with far more words than you imply!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Oh come on now, she thanked all races several times.

OP you sound just like a tabloid ‘journalist’, pulling one quote out of the context. The truth is that she said nothing with far more words than you imply!

HAHAHA! That was great. I only wish I had more +1’s for your comment. =D

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

what I find worse is this message isn’t even in game, you have to go to this website to read it. What should of happened is firstly it should of been in game, and a cutscene to nicely wrap up this chapter.

Personally I would’ve liked to of received a message in the mail to visit the queen at her throne room (even better another room in her palace we haven’t seen yet) There you see all the representatives from each of the races to discuss these attacks. And we discover something new to help drive the story into the next chapter, doesn’t have to be much – just a hint.

I can’t agree enough with the message being conveyed in-game. I hate being forced to go to websites to learn about the game’s story.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I can’t agree enough with the message being conveyed in-game. I hate being forced to go to websites to learn about the game’s story.

welcome to swarm farm 2

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Anet, you have left a avid fan bitter with disappoint.

That message was the laziest piece of story telling to date. After all the rumours and speculation, we get a message that says more about the LS writing team than anything relevant in game.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-message-from-queen-jennah/

Here’s the link in case anyone missed it.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

We should have booed her out of Divinitys Reach. Her and her “Watchknights”

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The “speech” was a ploy to draw out Scarlet.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

The “speech” was a ploy to draw out Scarlet.

A very poor and pointless ploy. It achieved nothing.

Duty is heavier than death.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

We also don’t know who ruled before Queen Jennah. There is no Royal Mausoleum or Royal Graveyard in the game. Monarchs are usually replaced by their heirs when they die.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping this whole LS arc might provide us with more lore in that regard. We actually know little about the Divinity’s Reach history and politics (except like 1 minister).

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Pacifica.9576

Pacifica.9576

Really? Her “big announcement” was that “hoomanz stronk”? In what world is that a big announcement? If Obama announced an important announcement and the entire world was watching and he announced “lol US da best” how many people would think its important in any way at all? Gw2 story just disappoint more and more…

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Pacifica.9576

Pacifica.9576

Maybe the Queen doesn’t say much maybe because she is merely Countess Anise’s illusion. Anise is a powerful mesmer, she can make her illusions speak like the Fake Rytlock Brimstone during the opening ceremony of Queen’s Jubilee.

We also don’t know who ruled before Queen Jennah. There is no Royal Mausoleum or Royal Graveyard in the game. Monarchs are usually replaced by their heirs when they die.

If I remember correctly the king 60 years ago was named Roderick(NPCs in divinity’s reach mention his name) and im sure theres something in game saying who Jennah’s mother is

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-message-from-queen-jennah/

Here’s the link in case anyone missed it.

It sure would be nice if the Living Story was actually presented…you know, in-game and not on a website. But hey, I guess there’s only so much you can do with such a short development time. And the costs of the voice actors for temporarily-available content…I get it. Quantity over quality is killing this game for me.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

It sure would be nice if the Living Story was actually presented…you know, in-game and not on a website. But hey, I guess there’s only so much you can do with such a short development time. And the costs of the voice actors for temporarily-available content…I get it. Quantity over quality is killing this game for me.

It’s a bit sad that Lord Faren was able to send out a personal mail, and yet the Queen’s messengers or such couldn’t hand some out for her heroes eh? XD

Heck even Scarlet managed! Tsk, she has alot more consideration than Kryta’s Queen. XD

Duty is heavier than death.

Jennah Doesn't Say Much

in Living World

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

I’d have enjoyed it better, if they hadn’t teased about Scarlet. I knew she was going ot be interrupted… so not only was the surprise taken away, I never got to hear the “big announcement” that supposedly got interrupted.