Jennah's kingdom and Kryta nation

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I actually heard a few random villagers gossiping at the market under deck of Divinity’s Reach about what will happened if Jennah was actually killed or worse?
I’ve been thinking about this aswell through the story and Living World Seasons aswell.
When is Queen Jennah going to get married to a king, in order to the Krytan Royal throne will move on?

Jennah has been multiple times getting kidnapped, attempting to murder her and even high ranked ministries went behind her back as they were White Mantle spies/agents.

Vanilla story:
Undead soldiers, if you remember one of her Seraph Captain tried to kill Jennah in order to reclaim his curse as he needed ’’Royal blood’’.

Caudecus Manor story:
Seperatists kidnapped Jennah during the garden party in order to break the peace between humans and charrs also trying to kill her.

Scarlet and Watchknights:
Watchknights, whom were supposed to protect Queen Jennah and her people. Scarlet Briar took control of the Watchknights and used them to create voice-controlled Twisted Watchwork creatures.
Aka also trying to kill Jennah as she almost falled to her death.

The World Summit:
Leaders across Tyria has been gathered, Mordrem foes tried to kill the most important people.

White Mantle’s attack of Divinity’s Reach: (The head of the Snake)
White Mantle trying to destroy Divinity’s Reach and reclaim Kryta nation, aswell trying to kill Queen Jennah.

I’m sure I’ve missed other attempts of trying to kill or kidnap Jennah.
Anyway, you get the point. Lots of people want to kill Jennah.
What happens if someone actually succeeding killing her?
The Krytan nation will fall, the peace between human and charr will be broken, Ebonhawke along with Ascalonians will shut their doors from Krytan army, human political will also fails and much more.

Since Logan, her beloved ’’prince charming'’, her personal bodyguard and Seraph most high-ranked Captain/Commander(?) has finally moved on to his own path, to become the actual Commander of the Pact.

So what happens now? Their everlasting love has ended as they have to rule different ways now.
Killing Jennah isnt the first time and wont be the last one we’ll see. Jennah needs a king in order to the Krytan Royal blood line will move on.
Lemme know your thoughts,

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Why are so many people trying to kill Jennah?

I say for all those people who keep trying to, we give them one of our many, many [Mini Queen Jennah]s and let them kill those instead.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

When is Queen Jennah going to get married to a king, in order to the Krytan Royal throne will move on?

Depends. If we assume the “Jennah = Lyssa” theory, then – likely never. But then we don’t really need to worry about mundane assassination attempts. By the way, the long history of Jennah not getting married kind of gives more credibility to this theory. It’s an unusual behaviour for a queen, especially with unclear line of succession.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

So what happens now? Their everlasting love has ended

There never was a romantic love on Jennah’s end. It was unrequited love on Logan’s end, but he’s finally come to his senses.

Killing Jennah isnt the first time and wont be the last one we’ll see. Jennah needs a king in order to the Krytan Royal blood line will move on.

Yes, this has become quite a running joke. Anet seems to love the infinite repetition of things — they go on and on and on… until it gets so annoying that you stop taking them seriously.

So, to answer your question: At some point there must be a revelation of some sort, otherwise it would just add to the many things on Anet’s plate that never get taken anywhere and just die in the process.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There never was a romantic love on Jennah’s end. It was unrequited love on Logan’s end, but he’s finally come to his senses.

That’s incorrect – and Episode 4’s show that Jennah never had feelings for Logan is just a blatant retcon. Jennah outright states in chapter 3 of the personal story (the instance you kill Kellach – regardless of which Order you join) that she does indeed love Logan.

Before killing Kellach:

PC: Captain Thackeray is very worried about you, Your Majesty.
Jennah: Logan? He mustn’t worry…please, tell him I’II be fine. If he is distracted, and gets hurt, I don’t know what I would do.
PC: If I may be so bold, ma’am, the two of you seem to care about one another very much.
Jennah: He is like an angel sent from Dwayna to be at my side. If things were different, or if Kryta were at peace. then perhaps…

After killing Kellach:

PC: You know that you could stop him, right? One word from you, and he’d stay.
Jennah: No, Advocate. I have enough servants—I want a partner. Logan must be free to make his own decisions. I made such a mistake once before. I won’t make it again.

That dialogue very clearly shows that Jennah does indeed have feelings for Logan. But the main reason she doesn’t act on those feelings is because 1) she wants an equal not a servant, and Logan places himself as the latter, and 2) because the political turmoil (most likely Caudecus) would use her relationship to Logan against her.

If Anet wants to fix what seems to be a blatant retcon, the next time we’re presented with Jennah it’ll be that she pretended such in order to get Logan to act for himself at long last (she’s been trying to do this since we first meet her in the PS after all, and Caudecus Manor story dungeon has her almost succeeding), and the next time those two reunite it’ll be flirting left and right, since the largest political issue (Caudecus undermining Jennah) is no more.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

The book that takes place right before the game makes it pretty clear she loves him too. I don’t think Anet is retconning that, I just think there’s a reason she’s acting like she doesn’t love him that hasn’t been revealed yet.

in Living World

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

There is only several possible ways for the nation in industrial age. And GW2 is kind of in early industrial age with several inventions of quite modern/future era. And all of them lead to undermining of monarchy power.

Why?

Industrial revolution give wealth not only for the nobility, but for other people that are “not in the club”. More wealth in hands of non nobility and more likely political landscape to shift toward their interests.

More people become educated, more possibility to organised revolution to pursue “goals”.

Most of monarchies proven their incapability to embrace new age. Monarchy relies on old proven methods of centuries that came before. This rules do not apply in industrial society.

What real life events denied prosperity of monarchy system? The Great War. Millions dead, markets shifted, emancipation of women begun, industrialization made huge step forward. New national constructs appeared.

What could possibly undermine monarchy system in GW2? Well fight against Elder Dragons is on the door step.

Honestly I would love too see the tragedy of overthrown/killed Jennah with her possible young offspring after the Elder Dragon epilogue. Or maybe too see the reformed Canta without emperor and with new “ideas” that rapidly conquer world after Elder Dragons end.

(edited by Yakez.7561)

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Jenna may, having responsibilities that trump her personal desires, be holding off on marriage in order to use the position of royal consort as a political tool in motivating important families and persons within the kingdom. The possibility of marrying into royalty and having one’s own bloodline be futjre kings and queens could be held over numerous potential suitors for political and financial capital.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

The book that takes place right before the game makes it pretty clear she loves him too. I don’t think Anet is retconning that, I just think there’s a reason she’s acting like she doesn’t love him that hasn’t been revealed yet.

Minister Estelle: This hamstrung doormat is your only hope, and I’m about to kill him just to put him out of his lovesick misery!
Minister: Estelle!
Minister Estelle: What? The whole Ministry knew it!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Meeting_of_Ministers#At_The_Upper_City

PC: How is Captain Thackeray?
Lady-in-Waiting: As strong willed and hardheaded as ever, although he seems to have outgrown his puppy-dog affection for the queen. That look didn’t suit him anyway.
PC: I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.
Lady-in-Waiting: Come now, darling. Everyone knew it. And besides, Logan is so last year. Even the cutest kitten can grow into old tomcats, if you know what I mean.

PC: After the incident with Estelle, I meant to ask you about Logan…
Jennah: Captain Thackeray has provided unwavering, invaluable service to the crown. I expect he will continue to do so, especially given the current situation with Caudecus.
PC: Apologies if I’ve given offense, Your Majesty.
Jennah: That’s not necessary. I hear the whispers, and I see with my own eyes. Logan is…a loyal servant, and a friend. I think he’s coming to terms with that. At last.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Regrouping_with_the_Queen

They made it painfully clear that the “only person” who didn’t realize the queen held no feelings for Logan was Logan. They played the “love is blind” card to its finest tune here, repeatedly. As if they wanted to make sure they drove the point of “Jennah doesn’t love Logan” home as deep as physically possible.

That smells blatant, obvious, and ignorant-of-own-work retcon.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Pax.3548

Pax.3548

That’s incorrect – and Episode 4’s show that Jennah never had feelings for Logan is just a blatant retcon. Jennah outright states in chapter 3 of the personal story (the instance you kill Kellach – regardless of which Order you join) that she does indeed love Logan.

Before killing Kellach:

PC: Captain Thackeray is very worried about you, Your Majesty.
Jennah: Logan? He mustn’t worry…please, tell him I’II be fine. If he is distracted, and gets hurt, I don’t know what I would do.
PC: If I may be so bold, ma’am, the two of you seem to care about one another very much.
Jennah: He is like an angel sent from Dwayna to be at my side. If things were different, or if Kryta were at peace. then perhaps…

After killing Kellach:

PC: You know that you could stop him, right? One word from you, and he’d stay.
Jennah: No, Advocate. I have enough servants—I want a partner. Logan must be free to make his own decisions. I made such a mistake once before. I won’t make it again.

That dialogue very clearly shows that Jennah does indeed have feelings for Logan. But the main reason she doesn’t act on those feelings is because 1) she wants an equal not a servant, and Logan places himself as the latter, and 2) because the political turmoil (most likely Caudecus) would use her relationship to Logan against her.

If Anet wants to fix what seems to be a blatant retcon, the next time we’re presented with Jennah it’ll be that she pretended such in order to get Logan to act for himself at long last (she’s been trying to do this since we first meet her in the PS after all, and Caudecus Manor story dungeon has her almost succeeding), and the next time those two reunite it’ll be flirting left and right, since the largest political issue (Caudecus undermining Jennah) is no more.

I’ve played the human personal story for a couple of times and I’ve figured Jennah’s personality and her opinion regarding logan, the last chapters of the living season, however, make me feel very odd when our char interacts with her, she is indifferent with logan’s feelings when some years ago, as you stated in your post, she seemed to reciprocate at least some of his feelings. For some time now I’ve been feeling this Jennah is somehow not the real Jennah, I believe someone is impersonating her, probably Lyssa.

in Living World

Pax.3548

Oh I forgot, if Jennah is Lyssa in disguice, that would explain why she’s so reluctant to get married, and that makes me wonder, where is the real Jennah? or maybe there was never a Queen Jennah to begin with, which could be a massive plot twist, as the royal bloodline of doric would be broken and Kryta would lack a legitimate human ruler.

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I don’t think we can easily say that just because Jennah is really Lyssa, that she won’t get married or have an heir through Logan. Grenth was born from Dwayna and a “mortal sculptor”. We could have the same happen with Logan and what I’d like to call “queen of chaos” aka Jennah/Lyssa.

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

I actually heard a few random villagers gossiping at the market under deck of Divinity’s Reach about what will happened if Jennah was actually killed or worse?
I’ve been thinking about this aswell through the story and Living World Seasons aswell.

Jennah has been multiple times getting kidnapped, attempting to murder her and even high ranked ministries went behind her back as they were White Mantle spies/agents.

Vanilla story:
Undead soldiers, if you remember one of her Seraph Captain tried to kill Jennah in order to reclaim his curse as he needed ‘’Royal blood’’.

Caudecus Manor story:
Seperatists kidnapped Jennah during the garden party in order to break the peace between humans and charrs also trying to kill her.

Scarlet and Watchknights:
Watchknights, whom were supposed to protect Queen Jennah and her people. Scarlet Briar took control of the Watchknights and used them to create voice-controlled Twisted Watchwork creatures.
Aka also trying to kill Jennah as she almost falled to her death.

The World Summit:
Leaders across Tyria has been gathered, Mordrem foes tried to kill the most important people.

White Mantle’s attack of Divinity’s Reach: (The head of the Snake)
White Mantle trying to destroy Divinity’s Reach and reclaim Kryta nation, aswell trying to kill Queen Jennah.

I’m sure I’ve missed other attempts of trying to kill or kidnap Jennah.
Anyway, you get the point. Lots of people want to kill Jennah.
What happens if someone actually succeeding killing her?
The Krytan nation will fall, the peace between human and charr will be broken, Ebonhawke along with Ascalonians will shut their doors from Krytan army, human political will also fails and much more.

Since Logan, her beloved ‘’prince charming’’, her personal bodyguard and Seraph most high-ranked Captain/Commander(?) has finally moved on to his own path, to become the actual Commander of the Pact.

So what happens now? Their everlasting love has ended as they have to rule different ways now.
Lemme know your thoughts,

The thing of Logan become new Pact Marshall(not Pact Commander) trashed it. Unless, Anet comes with 1 more plot twist and he quits or is replaced in charge.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Little would prevent Jennah from marrying a Pact Marshal. Less than what could prevent her from marrying a Seraph captain, in fact.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Pax.3548

Well, maybe it isn’t Lyssa behind Jennah, or maybe there is no one impersonating her and she just changed from those years (though the change would feel too unnatural), I guess we may see if these theories are correct or not in the next chapter.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Little would prevent Jennah from marrying a Pact Marshal. Less than what could prevent her from marrying a Seraph captain, in fact.

In fact, one possible explanation is that she’s deliberately pushing him away so that he could achieve his own rank and reputation independent of being one of her generals. Which is something she’s been gently trying to do since Caudecus Manor story – now she’s being harsher about it.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

In LWS2, Entanglement there is a Priory caravan holding a locket that can reveal the identity of the Krytan heir. I believe that either Jennah has a sibling or possibly a child. It is stated the Priory was entrusted with its protection so they move it from one place to another.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in Living World

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

[SPOILER WARNING]

A-Net plans to release a final expansion when the game is on it’s last legs. The expansion is called Fashion Wars. (placeholder title)

You’ll actually be able to get married and make “children” with a chosen partner and create not just hybrid races, but hybrid classes. But the children have to grow up first, and they and your partner will have full access to your wardrobe. We’ll be calling the new wardrobe: wardrobe 2.0 (placeholder title). Some limited restrictions on inter-race options.

The personal story will finally continue, and when playing the human character you’ll get the chance to marry the Queen after being praised as the greatest hero of all the land. This option is available to both genders for fairness, and will allow the security of the royal bloodline to finally be safeguarded.

Oh, and Logan will die to save you two before this happens. Off screen of course… But characters won’t stop reminding you of how painful it must of been. Oh and Rhytlock is your best man.

The end.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

In LWS2, Entanglement there is a Priory caravan holding a locket that can reveal the identity of the Krytan heir. I believe that either Jennah has a sibling or possibly a child. It is stated the Priory was entrusted with its protection so they move it from one place to another.

It’s indicated in the Order of Whispers arc that the Order knows who the next heir would be. The locket might well have been mentioned to explain how the Order might know that there is a distant heir, and how said distant heir might actually be verified.

Whoever the heir is, they seem to be distant enough that it’s not common knowledge that he or she exists.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.