Joining up for Living Story

in Living World

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

A friend and I both have some characters that were progressing in the personal story at about the same rate, and it ended up that we played Arah story mode on those characters together and thought it would be fun if we did the post-Arah Living Stories together on those characters as well. What we discovered was that even though a certain and specific Living Story was the “active story” for both of us, and we played it together, it only gave one of us credit. We’d need to then exit the story and run it through a second time with the other person triggering entry into the instance.

Is that normal “by design” behavior or is something not working right? It seems odd to me that we both wouldn’t receive credit when that particular episode truly is the active and current story for both of us. On the same note for the game to discourage teaming by making us run the same episode twice back to back is odd.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

A friend and I both have some characters that were progressing in the personal story at about the same rate, and it ended up that we played Arah story mode on those characters together and thought it would be fun if we did the post-Arah Living Stories together on those characters as well. What we discovered was that even though a certain and specific Living Story was the “active story” for both of us, and we played it together, it only gave one of us credit. We’d need to then exit the story and run it through a second time with the other person triggering entry into the instance.

Is that normal “by design” behavior or is something not working right? It seems odd to me that we both wouldn’t receive credit when that particular episode truly is the active and current story for both of us. On the same note for the game to discourage teaming by making us run the same episode twice back to back is odd.

This actually happened to me and was curious about it. Didn’t know if it happened to anyone else or if that was normal so i stayed quite but since it has come up just want to comment.

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Pretty sure it’s intended. I think I read about it in the original announcement of LS2 a couple of months ago. Could be wrong though.

in Living World

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i did the story with a friend and it asked if i wanted to continue the story. When i said yes, it gave me the reward as well. Just hit yes on the “do you want to continue” or whatever it is message and it should let you go on.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in Living World

Orion Templar.4589

Just hit yes on the “do you want to continue” or whatever it is message and it should let you go on.

Do you remember where in the sequence of things you saw that question? When we did the living story episode together I don’t recall seeing a message like that. When one person triggered the instance we saw the usual prompt about a party member going into an instance and do you want to join, but that’s the only prompt I remember seeing.

in Living World

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

im pretty sure it was when the other person got credit for the instance. its been a few months since i saw it, but i know it wasnt my instance and i did get credit as well as my friend.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in Living World

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

What happened to me was I ran full story with a friend and got the completion for it and everything but once I checked my PS I had to “restart” it from the last place that I myself started the mission. Basically if I don’t start the missions even though I complete it with a friend I have to go back to it and start it so my PS reads it as complete.

Necromancer Main

in Living World

Orion Templar.4589

I played a few more LS episodes with a buddy this weekend and I let him trigger each instance. This time around I did see that prompt you mentioned whether I wanted to “accept” the progress or not. I clicked accept and it appeared to work well. I’m not sure what happened earlier when neither one of us saw that prompt, but at least now it seems to be working. Strange.