Just give us raids.

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

I assume the wurm along with teq is not going to be the last of this so called organized zerg fights. I do enjoy them and it takes a bit of brain to do them and not just spam 1-1-1-1-1 all of the time(only like 80% :p). As I previous said, it is fun but 100+ people is waaay too much.

I’ve read alot about Anet’s plan for the future and about upcoming patches. I can only speculate about what will come but please. Teq and the Wurm proves that you know how to make somewhat close to a raid-boss.

I’d love raiding content in this game. Organized. Where TS actually would be a must have along with other #endgamehardcoregamingcontent.

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Just by using the word “raid” most of the forum will give you a negative response because its a “WoW term”. I 100% agree tho, we need some sick kitten dungeons with like 10-20 players, something similar to Urgoz from the first game

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

There were raids long before WoW. It is a valid gameplay type that ANet has yet to address properly.

I personally would have preferred Teq and the Wurm to be instanced content instead of open world.

Adding proper raid content does not preclude ANet from also adding large 100+ world event content. You can do both and support both.

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: NeoGladiator.1954

NeoGladiator.1954

Teq and the Wurm ARE instanced, they exist in the instances of Sparkfly Fen and Bloodtide coast. These are instances for large groups to exist within. The whole modular map design makes each area a huge instance. The fights would be the same no matter where they put them, why waste time and resources building yet another instance, when there are so many that already exist?

I do like the idea of say 20 man dungeons though, like some of the old Guild Wars 1 stuff.

It amuses me though, that folks are now becoming suprised at the addition of multiplayer content, in a massive multiplayer online game.

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

Teq and the Wurm ARE instanced, they exist in the instances of Sparkfly Fen and Bloodtide coast. These are instances for large groups to exist within. The whole modular map design makes each area a huge instance. The fights would be the same no matter where they put them, why waste time and resources building yet another instance, when there are so many that already exist?

I do like the idea of say 20 man dungeons though, like some of the old Guild Wars 1 stuff.

It amuses me though, that folks are now becoming suprised at the addition of multiplayer content, in a massive multiplayer online game.

That’s not what the previous posters are talking about. In a proper instance environment you have full control on player participation and you can organize.
No zerglings, no randoms, no trolls. That’s a proper instance for you.

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Just by using the word “raid” most of the forum will give you a negative response because its a “WoW term”. I 100% agree tho, we need some sick kitten dungeons with like 10-20 players, something similar to Urgoz from the first game

so what if it’s a wow term? WoW didn’t get to become the most successful mmorpg of all time by being bad

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Rift had very good raid encounters. Marionette reminds me of those encounters. It’s a good thing.

Wurm however is just a clusterkitten.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I don’t mind raiding at all.The problem that i see right now with the encounters is that both Tequatl and the Worm have hard caps on the overflows.This means when my alliance is raiding them.Not everyone can get in the instance.Why?Because it has been filled with random joining people who are not part of our alliance.

For instance yesterday we had 200 people on TS.It reached its limit.And still more people were logging in the game and in the guilds.We had to split our raid in 2.Some went to the worm some went to Tequatl.And still the overflow where we were raiding the Worm was filled on max

What i hate is when random pugs join our overflow.Those people take necessary spots of the guildies.We mostly raid in overflows.So we won’t the most controlled environment.Raid leaders say what to do and people do it.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

so what if it’s a wow term? WoW didn’t get to become the most successful mmorpg of all time by being bad

Ask all the people who talk kitten about the game, I was just saying lots of GW2 players just automatically say NO whenever something WoW related is suggested

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Raids are cool, but I rarely ever had time for them. Back when I was single…sure. But I can’t sit down and do a raid for 4-6 hours anymore. What I miss most are the GW-style missions and FUN dungeons (with the Trinity).

Valar Morghulis

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Saddly it’ll never happen (Oh how I hope I am proven wrong and am forced to eat these words).

Anet seems to think that more people = more epic = more fun = better content, or some ridiculous belief like that. They’ll never add Raids because they want as many people as possible to do these events, and since they want people to still have this idea that this is the Joe Everyman’s MMO, where you can hop in and do whatever you want, whenever you want, we’ll always be forced to have World Bosses where said Joe Everyman, in his terrible gear, traits, affixes, and sub level 80 will be able to join in, and run around adding gas to the toxin purifiers, throwing off the crucial timing needed to get the Wurm in a weakness phase along with everyone else.

The Wurm, I feel, is an amazingly well done fight. The mechanics are fun, the fight is difficult (if not way to kitten ed add heavy) but fair, and really, is about on par in terms of difficulty with what you would find in a Normal or Flex mode Raid in WoW. It requires coordination, but it’s totally doable with mistakes hither and thither.

The problem is, however, that the encounter is out in the open world, where anyone in the area can hop in and screw things up for others.

I really do want to see Raids in GW2 (Hell, call them Lairs or something like that if you don’t want to use the term Raid) where can have more fights like these, albeit it in more controlled circumstances (and hopefully with a more manageable player count), but it just isn’t going to happen with Anet’s current mindset of “People like the LS, ergo we’re doing everything right because our numbers say so!”

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

Doing instanced raids right for GW2 shouldn’t even be that hard. Let’s look at what most people who hate raids usually argue:

1) It takes too long. I don’t have 4 or more hours to spare on a given evening.

Solution: Develop shorter raid encounters.
Tequatl and Wurm each take no more than 20 minutes once the battle has started and are on a massive scale.
Put them in an instanced zone all for themselves and the problem is solved.

2) Raid guilds/communities are a small crowd who keep everything to themselves and don’t let outsiders in.

Also known as the “I could never join a raiding guild” argument. The thing is that it is all about organisation. Even in games like WoW, it was hard work just to get 25 or 40 people together at a certain point in time and have them all be prepared for the encounter.
We’ve always had to rely on external websites and community tools to organise. The easier it is to organise a large amount of players in the game, the more accessible these kinds of guilds will be.

The other part of this argument is that raiding guilds often had strict gear/play time requirements, and these were often beyond the scope of what a casual player could attain.
GW2, by nature, does not promote creating guilds with those kinds of requirements, and no amount of raid bosses will change that. As long as they don’t drop better gear than what casual players can attain, there will never be such limitations set on joining a raiding guild.

(Fyi, some guilds are already extremely exclusive, like the guilds you have to solo lupi for etc. They will always exist.)

3) Raiding fosters elitism

This is an old perception, and linked closely to the previous argument.
Because raids had better loot than ordinary dungeons, and because of the tiered gear system in other MMO’s, the system itself created a hierarchy of players being statistically better than other players.
All the devs need to do is not create that gear treadmill in raid encounters to eliminate most of this.
As for the berzerker issue: that is still being worked on by the devs. The rest is all up to encounter design.

4) Raids are not fun

Raids are fun, and I don’t know of many who have been on a raid that say this either. The community, friendships, the sense of overcoming the odds and accomplishing something momentous in a game, it’s beyond the scope of what the game alone offers. It’s a people thing, sure, but working together with likeminded people to obtain a common goal is one of the best experiences one can have in life.
Don’t exclude yourself in advance.

5) Raids cause you to commit suicide. I read it on the news and…

Let me stop you right there. As someone who has been close to killing himself twice in his life, I can tell you that it is absolute nonsense. Suicide is not something anyone goes that lightly over. Something like raiding, or even an entire game, could not even begin to come close to what’s required to break a person so badly that this should even be considered!
Have some respect!

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

I hope to see raids one day, instead of these world events that are unplayable for the vast majority…

Just give us raids.

in Living World

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Anet, I believe a lot of people would love to experience 10-person dungeons that significantly improves in difficulty in a good way, not just mobs and bosses that instakills you. A dungeons with different encounters that demand certain skills so each profession will get the chance to shine and will be necessary.

Since you will shave 10% off critical damage, try implementing support’ish builds into the equation when it comes to defeating these challenges.

I have to admit I miss content that provides a good challenge. The L.W. added events like Tequatl and Wurm are fine, but very clustery as someone said. 10-person dungeons would be in controlled enviroments, it would be easy to coordinate and gather 10 people and it wouldn’t impact your computer performance.

You can just give it a try and make something really tricky as part of L.W. and see how the community reacts. Most people would love to have dungeons like that around to test their wits and skill against. Of course the loot should be enticing as well. Don’t know, perhaps guaranteed ascended weapons or armor with unique appearance, special skins, unique recipes, slightly higher chance of precursers etc. Something that people would deem enticing.

@Naetell: Eletism already exists. When you have TPvP, WvW and PvE such things are bound to happen. 10-person raids are doable. 25-40 person raids are too much for GW2 imo. There shouldn’t be an overwhelming amount of raid dungeons to make the game raid focused. And who cares that people would make raid guilds? You can find an abundance of content focused guilds that are VERY elitist already. The suggestions I make aren’t to make it impossible for average casual joe (which is me), but very challenging. I recall hearing a lot of positive feedback on the Aetherblade dungeon, which now can be revisited in FotM. That was fun, but could be more challenging and on a grander scale with lots to do. The loot will not exceed in power compared to existing loot, so average casual Joe will not be missing out on gaining an unfair advantage.
Your concerns are somewhat valid in almost raid-exclusive games like WoW but not here. Nothing wrong with people wanting their game to improve realistically. The alternative is quitting out of boredom, a sad alternative when there is so much potential that has been demonstrated.

(edited by Malcastus.6240)