Just to make sure I heard that right...

in Living World

Posted by: Puddingskins.8412

Puddingskins.8412

In the new video with Tara Strong in it, she refers to voice acting scarlet “as a teenager.”

Did I miss something in the LS where we got to hear her talking at that point, or was this a hint at some flashback or something that we’re gonna see in Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I was wondering about that too. I don’t remember any scenes of her being a teenager.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m thinking she meant during the Fractal story.
Scarlet was at the Thaumanova Reactor.
Was that enough years in the past to have her age?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I’m thinking she meant during the Fractal story.
Scarlet was at the Thaumanova Reactor.
Was that enough years in the past to have her age?

Well Sylvari all in all are what? 25 years old? so it would only have to be 5+ years in the past, so who knows.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yes, currently the oldest Sylvari is 26~27 years old, and Scarlet wasn’t a Firstborn, so being a “teenager” as a Sylvari is kinda tricky to say.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

In Scarlet’s Journal we could hear Scarlet talking more normally, as she tried to rationalize things and occasionally argued with Mordremoth taking control of her (and taking credit for what she felt were her ideas). When those scenes first appeared, there were a lot of people complimenting the voice actress, saying that Scarlet sounded a lot different and much more serious. That would be what Tara is referring to.

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

In the new video with Tara Strong in it, she refers to voice acting scarlet “as a teenager.”

Did I miss something in the LS where we got to hear her talking at that point, or was this a hint at some flashback or something that we’re gonna see in Season 2?

Haha!! I KNEW IT!
Season 2 will feature MORE SCARLET!! Season 2 story is actually the prelude of Season 1. More Scarlet! More Scarlet!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!! oh and TRAHEARNE TOO!!
MUAHAHAHAHA!!

Sigh….facepalm

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

She did act like a bit of an an attention seeker / drama queen.

in Living World

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

Haha!! I KNEW IT!
Season 2 will feature MORE SCARLET!! Season 2 story is actually the prelude of Season 1. More Scarlet! More Scarlet!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!! oh and TRAHEARNE TOO!!
MUAHAHAHAHA!!

Sigh….facepalm

Arenanet is proud to finally unveil the Living Story Season 2! When the ruined remains of the Breechmaker were explored by intrepid adventurers, one notable thing was found to be missing: the body of Scarlet Briar. The truth behind her disappearance will be explosively revealed when Fort Trinity itself suddenly finds itself besieged by dragon minions….but not those of Zhaitan!

At the centre of this storm lies a story not of hatred, but love. For in her final moments, as the Breechmaker plunged towards the very ground that it had sought to sunder, Scarlet saw a face appear before her. A Sylvari, like herself. When Scarlet awoke, her body had been coaxed back to life by the finest medical staff in the Pact, and standing by her side was the architect of her salvation: Marshal Trahearne. Long had he watched Scarlet from afar, but his quest to cleanse Orr did not permit him to reach out and intervene to stop her assault upon Tyria. Scarlet’s defeat gave him the opportunity he had longed for, and using Asuran derived Pact technology, the Marshal was able to save the wayward Sylvari. But now a far greater challenge awaited him: could he break the Dragon’s hold and win the heart of his desired?

Can the love of a Marshal prove greater than the hold of a Dragon? Will the defenses of Fort Trinity hold against the forces of two Dragons? Discover for yourself the breathtaking story of the two most iconic characters in Guild Wars 2 in the thrilling commencement of the Living Story Season 2!

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yes, currently the oldest Sylvari is 26~27 years old, and Scarlet wasn’t a Firstborn, so being a “teenager” as a Sylvari is kinda tricky to say.

The advantage / disadvantage of being born full grown and showing now signs of aging. A Sylvari that’s 1 hour old looks no difference than one that’s 20.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Uh… you guys know that Scarlet is 18 or younger when revealed, right? The Firstborn were born in 1302 AE; Season 1 begins in late 1325 AE (with The Lost Shores), though she wasn’t revealed until late 1326 AE. So at that point, the Firstborn would be 24 years old. Secondborn were born 6-7 years after the Firstborn, meaning that the oldest she could be – if she were one of the older Secondborn like Cadeyrn – would be 18 years old. Thus, a teenager. And chances are, she wasn’t a Secondborn given that they’re well known enough that such would be pointed out, and there was the same mender that was around for the players there. Though if she was a Secondborn, chances are on the younger ones, thus making her 16-17 (depending on time of year when she was born) when she became known to players.

Edit: Doing the math again, she most likely was one of the latter Secondborn, given that from the short story “What Scarlet Saw” we know she stayed in the Grove for 8 years, was with Beigarth for a winter, was with the charr gladium for 2 years, and with each college at least 1 year with a couple months between leaving Rata Sum (aka exiled) and going into Omadd’s machine, and then from Scarlet’s Journal in the investigation instance which is dated for late-1321 to mid-1323, if and only if that journal begins shortly after going into the machine as believed. Thus, she would have been born about 12-14 years prior to late-1321 if so, making her 16-17 years old by the time of her reveal. This changes, however, if the journal began before her entering the machine.

Either way, she’s a teenager throughout all of Season 1.

However, the line most likely refers to Scarlet’s Journal recovered during The Origins of Madness, in which Scarlet’s tone was different than usual. And iirc, a similar tone was used in the oldest (lore-chronologically) recordings in the Edge of the Mists update, the “A Study in Scarlet” instance.

Furthermore, it wouldn’t be surprising, given that Braham and Rox both mention looking into the entity that was messing with Scarlet’s mind, that we’d end up investigating her and thus finding some more old recordings in order to figure out whom the entity truly is (whether or not it be Mordremoth).

The advantage / disadvantage of being born full grown and showing now signs of aging. A Sylvari that’s 1 hour old looks no difference than one that’s 20.

This isn’t entirely true about sylvari not showing signs of aging. Their physical appearance alters based on their psychological mindset, like what we saw with Canach (a drastic change). So sylvari who have life-changing experiences will not look the same as when they were born.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

A teenager chronologically doesn’t mean she had to act like a teenager. Although she kind-of did.

I think it’s probably fair to add 15-20 years to a Sylvari’s chronological age when determining how old they should act. So newborn Sylvari should act like young adults, and Firstborn would be in their forties.

Notwithstanding the tendency of some players to act like infants.