Kill Switch in Sylvari? [Spoiler]

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So anyone else starting to think Sylvari has some kind of kill switch that will drive them mad if they were to be exposed to any kind of Dragon Energy?

First Scarlet goes mad because she got exposed to “strange” energy she found in the mines in Dry Top and now Aerin gone mad because the Master of Peace gave him a bit of their “Ancient Magic”.

Not to mention both Scarlet and Aerin said a similar phrase being that they both saw “the Truth” once explosed to these strange magic.

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

There have been indications of this in the TA explorable dungeon stories. Both TA up and TA Forward feature Nightmare courtiers that become crazy as they fight for power. Leurant, one of the courtiers, said it best in the TA Forward Dungeon path, “The first lesson in war is to wipe out your enemy. And that includes generals and foot soldiers alike.” Next time you’re in the dungeon, watch the scenes involving Fyonna and Vevina (TA up path) and Leurant and Fyonna (TA forward path). Their actions are similar to Aerin’s actions.

It could be that power to a Sylvari is like hormones to humans. In real life, teens can become aggressive or emotional when they enter puberty. Oftentimes, there is a human mentor that can guide them through that stage of life. When there is no mentor, the teen can easily become a delinquent. Sylvari, on the other hand, don’t have any mentors that can help them when they’re exposed to power. Sadly, the Pale Tree herself recently admitted to not having enough life experience, so she’s no help in this situation. When you have time, have your Sylvari character go to the Pale Tree and ask her about the elder dragons.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Well Sylvari are plants and draw nutrients from the ground. If said ground was tainted…. there you have it.

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Every single Sylvari are evil.
And its all because of Trahearne’s fault.

Sorry just had to get it out there. I HATE TRAHEARNE!!!

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

There have been indications of this in the TA explorable dungeon stories. Both TA up and TA Forward feature Nightmare courtiers that become crazy as they fight for power. Leurant, one of the courtiers, said it best in the TA Forward Dungeon path, “The first lesson in war is to wipe out your enemy. And that includes generals and foot soldiers alike.” Next time you’re in the dungeon, watch the scenes involving Fyonna and Vevina (TA up path) and Leurant and Fyonna (TA forward path). Their actions are similar to Aerin’s actions.

It could be that power to a Sylvari is like hormones to humans. In real life, teens can become aggressive or emotional when they enter puberty. Oftentimes, there is a human mentor that can guide them through that stage of life. When there is no mentor, the teen can easily become a delinquent. Sylvari, on the other hand, don’t have any mentors that can help them when they’re exposed to power. Sadly, the Pale Tree herself recently admitted to not having enough life experience, so she’s no help in this situation. When you have time, have your Sylvari character go to the Pale Tree and ask her about the elder dragons.

I’m aware of Sylvari being new race that yet to understand much of the world but their case was a bit different.

It seems both Scarlet and Aerin had something in their heads talking to them ever since they were exposed to that energy. You’ll get more about Scarlet’s change into what she becomes in S1 Living Story if you stay behind with Tiami long enough, the hologram of Scarlet mention the events that took place before her role in S1. So far hints are pointing to the source of that strange energy being the voice in their heads that is showing them the Truth.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’m aware of Sylvari being new race that yet to understand much of the world but their case was a bit different.

It seems both Scarlet and Aerin had something in their heads talking to them ever since they were exposed to that energy. You’ll get more about Scarlet’s change into what she becomes in S1 Living Story if you stay behind with Tiami long enough, the hologram of Scarlet mention the events that took place before her role in S1. So far hints are pointing to the source of that strange energy being the voice in their heads that is showing them the Truth.

To add to this, all the Sylvari that have fallen to this are the ones who reject the Pale Tree (this case being a Soundless). I suspect (as many before me) that the Pale Tree offers a protection to them and when that protection is removed and they are exposed to Dragon energy (I’m thinking Mordromoth specifically) they are driven mad like this. The reason we are seeing Arin (sp) fall now is because Mordromoth is waking and getting stronger.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Soundless start falling more and more throughout this LS season.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

so far i’m inclined to agree with Invictus. the sylvari that have gone nuts (corrupted?) have been ones that were in proximity with mordy (or at least the maguuma wastes area) AND isolated from the pale tree.

due to design or omission, player sylvari are not feeling any bad influence during their time there, at least not to the point of being affected

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Living World

Posted by: Siren Aradia.5863

Siren Aradia.5863

Player sylvari are still connected to the Pale Tree though, right? I mean excusing roleplay situations of course. But canonly, aren’t they all connected to the dream or whatever? (you can tell I don’t play sylvari much XD)

in Living World

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

yup, that was why i brought them up. canon-wise, all player sylvari are connected to the Pale Tree and the Dream

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Player sylvari are still connected to the Pale Tree though, right? I mean excusing roleplay situations of course. But canonly, aren’t they all connected to the dream or whatever? (you can tell I don’t play sylvari much XD)

Yep! All Sylvari are connected to the Dream whether they like it or not. Not even the Soundless can disconnect from the Dream permanently.

At the end of Battle for Lion’s Arch, I had my main character, Lapis, return to the Pale Tree, and the tree’s confirmed that Ceara had been “rescued” and returned to the Dream.