Kinda Dark Don't You Think?

in Living World

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

So we get our new lions arch(WOOYA!!!!). We all walk in. We take a look around. And…ho boy how do I say this and make it forum friendly?

->We decide to go on a fun quest to play hide and seek with baby karka<-

We walk around some more

->We meet a karka princess and give her goodies<-(Which I personally have no idea if dragonite ore is supposed to be fed to karka. That just seems unhealthy to me)

Sooo yeah. Any chance we could get some net guns instead? If only so my little Princess doesn’t grow up to have survivors guilt. Because you know a full sized karka queen powered by dragonite ore with psychological trauma just seems like southsun all over again.

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Well we are feeding Mawdrey II all that bloodstone dust that was confirmed to be bad for consumption and so far he hasn’t turned into a flesh eating vine of doom….yet….

But yeah, feeding dragonite to a karka can not be a good idea….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Yeah it doesn’t set well with me that I kept one alived just becamse it make a cute sound (from the description on Princess) when I had killed 50 of her brothers or sisters before getting to her.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

When Season 10 hits, everyone with a Princess in their inventory will have a Karma Queen spawned on top of them, with no event timer to their spawn, causing world boss events across the game.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wait a minute.

We have Mawdrey, Princess, and the Star of Gratitude.

We toss those 3 along with a stack of say, T6 mats, into the forge and gain a karka/mordrem hybrid of doom that eats bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, and empryeal fragements.

After X amount of mats have been consumed by this creature, it transforms into the next incarnation of an elder dragon!!!!

This is how the Elder Dragons came to be!!
They started as small innocent creatures, but grew and changed after consuming so much bloodstone, dragonite, and stars….

BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

yeeeeeah im kinda with OP on this one: the karka might be wild/territorial animals and its understandable to get rid of an infestation. Shooting them on sight seems cruel, they are just hatchlings. IMO it would’ve been a bit nice if we get a magic sack that sucks like a vacuum and give the sack to an NPC that will relocate the hatchlings to Southsun Cove. On a side note Princes is awesome!

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I honestly wish they would have just made it a scavenger hunt to find them.
No need to kill. Those Karka were cute and weren’t eating anyone’s faces. :-(

Should have returned them to their native habitat, started up a preserve somewhat similar to the Zaishen Menagerie, or something. And let me have one for a Ranger pet too, yes?

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Yeah, it’s not like Karka murdered hundereds of peo… oh wait.

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Looks at Slayer achivement panel

So we should go all genocidal on the 5 races next, eh?

Seriously though, when a personal story step has a Kodan tell me, “Yo, that Dredge is messing up the balance and stuff because mining is bad, ya’ know? Go murder him and maybe I’ll tell you about your horn,” and my response is basically, “On it, boss!” Gotta wonder how heroic we really are.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Living World

Bubi.7942

Looks at Slayer achivement panel

So we should go all genocidal on the 5 races next, eh?

Seriously though, when a personal story step has a Kodan tell me, “Yo, that Dredge is messing up the balance and stuff because mining is bad, ya’ know? Go murder him and maybe I’ll tell you about your horn,” and my response is basically, “On it, boss!” Gotta wonder how heroic we really are.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

When Season 10 hits, everyone with a Princess in their inventory will have a Karma Queen spawned on top of them

Seasnon 10 mounts confirmed

in Living World

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Yeah it doesn’t set well with me that I kept one alived just becamse it make a cute sound (from the description on Princess) when I had killed 50 of her brothers or sisters before getting to her.

I kinda figured this was a Metroid reference. Y’know, because we went around killing all these facehugger-type monsters with a gun, but then saved the last one for some reason.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Living World

Bubi.7942

I kinda figured this was a Metroid reference. Y’know, because we went around killing all these facehugger-type monsters with a gun, but then saved the last one for some reason.

Some reason? She saves your kitten in Super Metroid!

in Living World

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

Wait a minute.

We toss those 3 along with a stack of say, T6 mats, into the forge and gain a karka/mordrem hybrid of doom that eats bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, and empryeal fragements.

After X amount of mats have been consumed by this creature, it transforms into the next incarnation of an elder dragon!!!!

They started as small innocent creatures, but grew and changed after consuming so much bloodstone, dragonite, and stars….

BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

IT would be great to be able to mixed them and have an item that consume every useless mat in the game ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wait a minute.

BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

This is how I thought the Thaumanova Reactor disaster happened (before they released the fractal explaining its “true” origins):

• Golem goes to vacuum the gunk.
  • Golem overloads, ’sploding into a huge Fire Elemental.
  • The spawning of and destruction of said world boss leaves a mess.
  • This mess requires a golem to come in and vacuum the gunk.

Now, pdavis has explained the “true” origin of elder dragons:

• Elder dragons awaken, destabilizing Tyria.
  • Adventurers are tasked with defeating them, to save the humanoid races.
  • The fight and aftermath leave oodles of bits of dragons and their power sources: dragonite ore, bloodstone dust, empyreal fragments.
  • Devices are invented to help clean up the oodles.
  • These devices overload, causing the creation of Elder Dragons.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”