Kite Drop Rate = Impossible?

in Living World

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have opened 60? 70? Buried Locked Chests farming them 2 hours every night and have not got one of the new kites. By the time I finally (if ever) get one we will be out of the Dry Top and will not need the 33% sandstorm bonus.

I would have rather earned one by crafting, quests, or better yet got one at the end of the story to enjoy while in Dry Top.

Grind, Grind, Grind for nothing?

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

It took my husband well over 200 locked chests to find one kite.

Funny how they’re “masterwork” and much more rare than the “exotic” quality bugs, goggles, & scarves…..

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

You use that word (impossible), though I’m not entirely sure you understand it’s meaning. The fact that at least one person is running around with one of the new kites proves it is not impossible.

That said, the drop rate is likely on the table with the exotics. Therefore when you open a chest the table determines if you get an exotic (which is very rare) then determines which exotic within that table you get (the kite being but one option).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The current price suggests that it’s not impossible.

in Living World

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

the drop rate seem very very low like what Invitctus had said. ive open 150+chest so far got like 4-5 insect thing and many mask and yet 0 kite. so it feels like impossible.

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Heh, getting an angeling card was close to impossible, getting a kite in this… not even close by comparison.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

RNG gods say hi.

in Living World

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Thanks khani,

At least I have a goal to shoot for.
Though again I feel by the time I get one I will have little time left in a sand storm to use it. Anet dropped the ball on this one to give us an item that will be obsolete by the time you get it.

….unless sand will be see a lot in the near future, this I will eat my works. LOL

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Even if it takes a while for you to find one, they’re still pretty

I still have (and love) my lightning kite too.

in Living World

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Not impossible but it has the same drop rate as the skins I guess. I’ve gotten quite a few fossils and two skins, no kite yet though. Least I can buy it if I ever want to give up.

in Living World

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

So I used about 150 keys since the update, with nothing to show for it as far as kites go. Then, during one storm I got 2 kites from using my last 5 keys. Have you properly done your RNG offerings for the day? : 3

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

I wasn’t really into the whole chest thing.But I was doing the LS and I opened a random box I found and I got it.Seeing how it was ‘Masterwork’ quality I thought they were common.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Imagining Tom Cruise jumping from a cliff with the kite:

Dry Top Impossible

I don’t open enough chests for this, but I ain’t complaining. It would probably just gather dust in my inventory like all the other toys… shame on me.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I need a kite about as much as I need medium armor for my warrior. Just more junk to clog up the bank hoping we’ll buy more bank space.

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I have opened 60? 70? Buried Locked Chests farming them 2 hours every night and have not got one of the new kites. By the time I finally (if ever) get one we will be out of the Dry Top and will not need the 33% sandstorm bonus.

I would have rather earned one by crafting, quests, or better yet got one at the end of the story to enjoy while in Dry Top.

Grind, Grind, Grind for nothing?

It’s weird, I hardly ever get any rare drops, I’m just not lucky, but today, on my 2nd chest (and my last key) i get a kite. And so far, I’ve gotten 9 fossils, my very first find had 2 of them in one chest. My only problem is, trying to get almost 4k geodes for all them extremely expensive (and min t4 requirement) recipes. I don’t think I’ll be able to make all of them. So far, I’ve only managed to make 2, g/s and axe.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

RNG gods say hi.

No, he doesn’t, he farts in your general direction…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season