LA and Kessex Hill - post Season 1

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

as we know during season 1 of LS we have seen landscape of LA and Kessex Hill changed. now that season 1 is over , will we see LA rebuilt to its original state and Kessex Hill landscape restoration begins, like trees got replanted etc ?

if we can see even the slightest progress towards that, it could bring immersion to the game.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I would like to see Lion’s Arch rebuilt, because that city was absolutely beautiful.

However, it would be a bit immersion-breaking if it was rebuilt exactly the way it was though. If it is rebuilt it should be a little different. (And while remaking it, might as well make it a little bit more functionnal and put the trade post closer to the crafting stations.)

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i hope it gets rebuilt but different as well, in the same way they used the boats to make the buildings previously they can use scarlets debris this time round

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I highly doubt that kessex will be restored.

However I am certain that LA will be rebuilt slowly over season 2/3 and will probably use parts of the breachmaker wreckage in its new design, I do agree that it wouldn’t be a good idea to see an identical LA to before season 1 though.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I hate Lion’s Arch, I hope the money from Queen’s Jubilee and the Zephyrites goes toward some blackguard armor and metal structures.

Kessex Hills still has a toxin problem, so if the removal of the toxin takes place, that should make the debris easier to deal with. Just gotta figure out how to secure that area from bandits and centaurs, first.

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Kessex Hills still has a toxin problem, so if the removal of the toxin takes place, that should make the debris easier to deal with. Just gotta figure out how to secure that area from bandits and centaurs, first.

Well, that would remove the last sources for Toxic Spore Samples from the game, so I really hope that it won’t happen, even if I think that the ruins of that tower are an eyesore.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They could easily fix that by adding a couple of Toxic Seedling nodes to every open world map. (Lore explanation: “The Tower of Nightmare’s destruction blew millions of spores far and wide, some of which are only just beginning to germinate after being carried on the winds halfway across the world.”)

It might even increase supply of Toxic Spores since not many people generally go to Kessex Hills.

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

They could easily fix that by adding a couple of Toxic Seedling nodes to every open world map. (Lore explanation: “The Tower of Nightmare’s destruction blew millions of spores far and wide, some of which are only just beginning to germinate after being carried on the winds halfway across the world.”)

It might even increase supply of Toxic Spores since not many people generally go to Kessex Hills.

As far as I know there are already Toxic Seedlings all over Tyria. I remember finding some in Caledon Forest and in Kessex Hills far away from the toxic grounds.

I also did some google search and found from the Wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toxic_Seedling) that they can be found in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Gendarran Fields, Harathi Hinterlands, Caledon Forest, Metrica Province, Brisban Wildlands, Bloodtide Coast, Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom and Timberline Falls. So, they have apparently already spread and don’t need to thrive in a toxic environment.

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I also did some google search and found from the Wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toxic_Seedling) that they can be found in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Gendarran Fields, Harathi Hinterlands, Caledon Forest, Metrica Province, Brisban Wildlands, Bloodtide Coast, Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom and Timberline Falls. So, they have apparently already spread and don’t need to thrive in a toxic environment.

That wiki information is almost certainly outdated and only refers to what happend during the Tower of Nightmare release. Despite having two characters with 100% map completion I’ve never found Toxic Seedlings outside the zones where the Toxic Offshoot events still happen (Caledon Forest, Brisban Wildlands, Queensdale, Kessex Hills and Gendarran Fields).

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

That wiki information is almost certainly outdated and only refers to what happend during the Tower of Nightmare release. Despite having two characters with 100% map completion I’ve never found Toxic Seedlings outside the zones where the Toxic Offshoot events still happen (Caledon Forest, Brisban Wildlands, Queensdale, Kessex Hills and Gendarran Fields).

Oh, so it’s restricted only to Toxic Offshoot events. That makes sense. I took it as a relevant source (I know wikis are not meant to be taken as such) because I remeber gathering some spores in Caledon Forest and other areas outside Kessex Hills. And also one area in Kessex (or is it two ares) outside of the event, but maybe near? Didn’t have the time to check the info myself, since I’m currently busy with some work, but thank you for correcting my mistake.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, that information on the wiki is outdated, but no harm done. During the Tower of Nightmares LS chapter, you could indeed find Toxic Seedlings throughout many different maps, but after the chapter concluded, they are now only found in Kessex Hills (natively), and in a handful of maps with Toxic Offshoot events (the event must be completed before ONE Seedling spawns).

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If/when LA is rebuilt, I hope it looks more like LA did in Guild Wars. I really didn’t like the look of LA in GW2. I was over joyed when it was destroyed.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|