LS-WHY I can't play it wihout pay?

in Living World

Posted by: Mixistrike.7840

Mixistrike.7840

wtf

If Im on the living story right now, why I should pay for play right now? The season already gone? because for me they are still on the living and not on the historical!!!!

I just bring some old friends to play again and now I just can’t explain to them why they can’t play the living story that is happening right now without pay the old one….

Am I wrong?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You could play for free if you unlocked the episode while it was live (simply logging in during those two weeks), if not you have to pay 200 gems per episode (or less now that they have the complete package) to unlock them. This very very clearly advertised before the season started.

Keep in mind that gems can be bought with gold, so no real money is needed.
It is also worth pointing out that you can join someone that have the episode unlocked if you just want to do it for the story.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Why didn’t you post in the thread just below this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/I-dislike-paying-for-season-2/first

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Tell them its DLC. But yes this shoulda been placed in the thread below this.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It is no different to DLC in any other game. It isn’t part of the base game and it adds on a reasonable amount of content, nobody was entitled to it for free (though I do think it should have been free).

in Living World

Posted by: mike.5682

mike.5682

It’s content that they want you to pay for but also realize that it is not 100% bug free. If you interested in doing the meta achievement (for luminescent armor, ascended gear, AP, etc) you will be unable to as there is a bug that prevents completion. Anet has known about this bug for over a month now and so far there has not been a workaround or solution for it!

Thanks.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

It’s content that they want you to pay for but also realize that it is not 100% bug free. If you interested in doing the meta achievement (for luminescent armor, ascended gear, AP, etc) you will be unable to as there is a bug that prevents completion. Anet has known about this bug for over a month now and so far there has not been a workaround or solution for it!

Thanks.

Similarly there are still large bugs in the original base game, including in the personal story. That’s just unfortunately how games are now. Keep kicking up a stink about it and hopefully they’ll do something to fix it!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Similarly there are still large bugs in the original base game, including in the personal story. That’s just unfortunately how games are now have always been. Keep kicking up a stink about it and hopefully they’ll do something to fix it!

Fixed that.
It is not something new. There have never been any sort of complex game that didn’t have bugs.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

Similarly there are still large bugs in the original base game, including in the personal story. That’s just unfortunately how games are now have always been. Keep kicking up a stink about it and hopefully they’ll do something to fix it!

Fixed that.
It is not something new. There have never been any sort of complex game that didn’t have bugs.

There have been plenty of games in the past that launched without prominent game breaking bugs. Sure, older games broke occasionally, but it was usually an ‘if x, y, and z all happen at the same time…’ situation that most people never encountered. There are very few instances where I encountered bugs in old PS1 or 2 games, especially in comparison to the frequency with which I come across bugs in a PS3 or 4 game. Games now launch with far more bugs, presumably because they are larger, more complex, time constrained, and developers have the ability to release patches…

in Living World

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

Where is the line? I mean, we have one of the best MMORPGs on the market today, and they don’t even charge us a monthly subscription. Plus, unlike F2P games, they don’t ask us to pay for everything with real money, either. Pay once for the game, and that’s it. You don’t even get a pop-up telling you how much you can buy with real money when you log in. What you DO get is free stuff when you log in.

We’re also getting an expansion in a while that’ll cost real money – once. Buy it once, and that’s it. It’s yours. No subscriptions, nothing hidden beyind a paywall and so on. And that’s great, of course.

So the question is… why does it matter that season two is locked behind a small paywall now? It doesn’t cost all that much, and I’m sure the content we get is more than worth it. I haven’t tried it yet, but if it’s half as good as season one, its’ definitely worth the asking price. Sure you would have gotten it for free if you logged in once those two weeks it was active, but then again, you could have gotten the entire game nearly for free if you bought it during a sale. If you missed that, does it mean you should get it for the sale-price now?

Sorry, but to mee, it just seems like people are allergic to paying. No matter how cheap you get stuff, someone always thinks it’s too expensive.

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I don´t know why you should pay for it, that is really a thing you have to decide for yourself. But you have to pay for it. Why? Because it is like that.

in Living World

Posted by: Weyrd.2794

Weyrd.2794

I don´t know why you should pay for it, that is really a thing you have to decide for yourself. But you have to pay for it. Why? Because it is like that.

If you logged in week after week during the LS releases, anet let you have it for free because they figure you are probably spending money on gems for other things at one point or another (i.e. they are already getting money from you.) If you play in spurts, skipping several months at a time, you are probably not and thus charging a small amount of new content since your last login helps them still get revenue from you, which helps to fund future new content and keep the game up and running.

Smart business practice if you ask me. (and I fall in the later category, having paid to unlock probably about 75% of LS season 2)

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

If you logged in week after week during the LS releases, anet let you have it for free because they figure you are probably spending money on gems for other things at one point or another (i.e. they are already getting money from you.) If you play in spurts, skipping several months at a time, you are probably not and thus charging a small amount of new content since your last login helps them still get revenue from you, which helps to fund future new content and keep the game up and running.

Smart business practice if you ask me. (and I fall in the later category, having paid to unlock probably about 75% of LS season 2)

it is indeed. Shortening that to the affirmation of an absolute status quo on my part just serves better in tantalizing the “things should be the way I like them…”-crowd :P