LS2 forced to watch repeating dialogue

in Living World

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Anet please, use skippable cinematics so we can skip the dialogue on subsequent trips for achievements. There is a lot of downtime in these missions from being forced to listen to the same conversations.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

They mentioned not being happy with how they did cut scenes/cinematics, so they’re working on them.
I liked them : (

in Living World

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Anet please, use skippable cinematics so we can skip the dialogue on subsequent trips for achievements. There is a lot of downtime in these missions from being forced to listen to the same conversations.

Yup, it’s 100% the reason I didn’t do the story achievements and will probably continue to not do them as long as I can’t skip on the 2nd+ times through.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Living World

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

They really need to just go back the way of gw1 cinematics, it was far better than anything they have given us so far, despite the machinima style.

Gw2 could improve upon that concept so much if they would put some work into the animations. They would be far more interesting AND we would be able to skip them.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

They really need to just go back the way of gw1 cinematics, it was far better than anything they have given us so far, despite the machinima style.

Gw2 could improve upon that concept so much if they would out some work into the animations. They would be far more interesting AND we would be able to skip them.

Honestly, I find the concept art style cut scenes superior to every cut scene in GW2 AND GW1.

A lot of GW1 cut scenes are just plain horrid also tbh. Namely anything in Factions.

in Living World

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

Honestly, I find the concept art style cut scenes superior to every cut scene in GW2 AND GW1.

A lot of GW1 cut scenes are just plain horrid also tbh. Namely anything in Factions.

You mean like the ones they use in dungeon story modes and like once in the personl story? Yeah i like those a lot too, but they don’t use them near enough at all.

The gw1 cutscenes were really only bad due to use of ingame animations imo. It was like watching a machinima but it was a lot more interesting to me than watching two people talk to each other with a static background or the new system of just standing there listening to npcs talk to each other, at least in gw1 it was more cinematic and you could see your characers interacting with other characters.

With gw2 being a new game and all i dont see why they cant just improve upon that and make it more similar to a regular cutscene, although i would be super happy to see the return of animated concept art cutscenes too as long as they featured our characters in some way.

I just find that so far, either style they have went with makes it really hard to feel invested in any of the characters. It seemed far more personal in gw1 and a lot more disconnected in gw2.

(edited by Raykon.7908)

in Living World

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I don’t mind the dialog the first time around (though I wish NPCs would run instead of walking slowly everywhere), but it would be nice if you could skip it once you’ve finished the story. Sometimes you might have to do the whole instance a few times for some of the achievements, and the waiting does get tedious.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

You mean like the ones they use in dungeon story modes and like once in the personl story? Yeah i like those a lot too, but they don’t use them near enough at all.

The gw1 cutscenes were really only bad due to use of ingame animations imo. It was like watching a machinima but it was a lot more interesting to me than watching two people talk to each other with a static background or the new system of just standing there listening to npcs talk to each other, at least in gw1 it was more cinematic and you could see your characers interacting with other characters.

With gw2 being a new game and all i dont see why they cant just improve upon that and make it more similar to a regular cutscene, although i would be super happy to see the return of animated concept art cutscenes too as long as they featured our characters in some way.

I just find that so far, either style they have went with makes it really hard to feel invested in any of the characters. It seemed far more personal in gw1 and a lot more disconnected in gw2.

They don’t use them because player complained. A lot. Listening to players is a blessing and a curse (feedback is not always very good).

I’m guessing the issue is currently as such, the old cinematic system (which I’m sure they spent a lot of time on) had a skipping system built into it. Players didn’t like it so they replaced it with a older/less-functional system which was more in line with what players requested (but a system that was never really intended to be used the way it is). So now we need to wait until ANet implement new features into the system (if they ever will but judging from the feedback it’s probably a given that they’ll look into it at least. Although the complexity of the implementation might still cause this to go onto the lower priority list).

Personally I’d prefer it if ANet implemented the newer more functional system until they got the other system decked with all the needed features. Rather a few people complain about not liking the artistic-style than complain that it’s broken or featureless. I think one of the reasons (and ANet staff please feel free to correct me) that our characters don’t talk is because the features are lacking from the system they’re currently using.