LS3 - Episode 5 Release date?

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

When will LS3 – Episode 5 be released?
I wish they gave us more story episodes quicker cause I enjoy narrative quests and voice acting. I feel 2-3 months waiting per episodes is too long. If each episode gave maybe 5 hours of gameplay (Story instance) then maybe it’s okay but these episodes feel short. =(

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

When we got the info that Legendary Armor is going to be released with the next episode I think we will wait until late April or near the date of the PvP Season 6’s end.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Except that they all come with zones that take six months to make. People really do expect too much. If the story instances were all there was, they might well be faster, but Anet isn’t just releasing story instances. They’re expanding the world.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

in Living World

Posted by: Neve.3145

Neve.3145

I feel like 2-3 months between LW Episodes are just fine. Am i excited for the next one? Sure! Would i like it sooner! Sure!
But at what cost?
The Episodes we have gotten so far were amazing! We got a new map with every episode, we got great story and overall good quality fun stuff. Not to mention the legendary weapons, the recent current events, and and and, if they would be shipping the episodes sooner we would pretty surely loose alot of the things that make them so great and instead get a bunch of extra bugs.
I’d rather wait.
I can’t wait to play the entire LWS3 in one go with one of my alts though once all episodes are out!

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

The current forecast is that episode 5 would be out some time in April, give or take a few weeks. When we get closer to a definite release, you’ll hear about it.
As for the frequency of the episodes, would you like it more in the style we had in Season 2? We’d get a single map that slowly expanded over the course of the story that got released every 2 week. Currently, we have a full map released ever 2 months with plenty of new things to do in each one of them, while the variety of new tasks in Season 2 wasn’t quite as varied. I’m not sure which I’d prefer, especially as I vaguely recall people who started midway in the season 2 story stuff getting lost in the maps trying to complete the story (eg. returning to Omadd’s device when you didn’t find it the first time).

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

maybe they feel short, but exploring the maps and doing the events are part of the story. Its kinda our problem that we always rush them.
But the events are realtime, they take place during the story. And in the last chapter they actually told us to do some events before we could assault the fortress

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If it’s like last year, SAB will launch for April 1st and last until April 18th, which is where episode 5 will come in.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

If it’s like last year, SAB will launch for April 1st and last until April 18th, which is where episode 5 will come in.

If they delay LS for SAB then I really suggest anet get their priorities straight.
SAB is a secondary minigame without any relevance to the actual game, I mean,
its fine they have it for the sake of diversity, but it shouldn’t affect their regular
schedules in any way

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they delay LS for SAB then I really suggest anet get their priorities straight.
SAB is a secondary minigame without any relevance to the actual game, I mean,
its fine they have it for the sake of diversity, but it shouldn’t affect their regular
schedules in any way

If you look at the release schedule of previous releases, it being released at the end of the SAB festival isn’t out of the question nor the result of SAB pushing it back.

Going off the date that the last episode should have launched, April 11th would be 63 days and the 18th would be 70 days. They said they would release the episodes every 2-3 months. So 63-70 days falls within that timeframe.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: Keltan.1827

Keltan.1827

I’m thinking there is no gaming company in the world that can release updates fast enough to please all the players. It will always take months to produce, test and release something players consume in a fraction of that time.

in Living World

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Let’s not exaggerate. The nearly yearly content draught before and after HoT – now that was a legitmate reason to complain.
and
Current releases get my thumbs up, we get some story, new maps, new meaningful items to obtain (HoT stats ascended trinkets to qualify for raiding parties) , and along the way new legendaries and raid wings (i never suspected we’d get raid 2 before new xpac!).

My only wish is that they don’t wimp out just cause some whiners that go “help me HoT too hard” and make kitten vertical, maze like maps like in HoT with challenging mobs. Verdant Brink and Auric Basin get my votes for best maps in whole game, period.

Only complain i have about current content (LS3) is that new legendaries too often are joke or disco weapons, while i would like to see more serious weapon that obtains it’s legendary status not with "bling bling’ but well thought out, complex and appealing animations. Such as some of the Black Lion weapons that have special animations on take out/stove, but taken to whole new level.

Or a staff that completely changes based on it’s usage (one skin for lightning, one for fire, one for water, one for earth, one for necro, one for guardian one for thief etc).

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I’m thinking there is no gaming company in the world that can release updates fast enough to please all the players. It will always take months to produce, test and release something players consume in a fraction of that time.

Especially when you have players who take the entire day off, which has a scheduled release, so they can burn through the content that day.

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Especially when you have players who take the entire day off, which has a scheduled release, so they can burn through the content that day.

Not our fault that we enjoy the content so much…
Maybe if ArenaNet stopped making their games fun then we wouldnt need to take of entire day off work to play their release date on time.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Not our fault that we enjoy the content so much…
Maybe if ArenaNet stopped making their games fun then we wouldnt need to take of entire day off work to play their release date on time.

Need isn’t the same as want. The content is permanent or at least until the servers go away. There’s no difference between doing it all that day vs over the course of a few days or weeks. The issue is when those players that rushed through the content then complain about a lack of things to do.