LS3 and masteries

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: Larathia.5284

Larathia.5284

I realize this may be a strange or silly question, but such is the way my mind works.

Why are the LS3 maps using HOT mastery points/exp? I mean Bloodstone Fen made sense, it’s right by Verdant Brink and visually, still part of the Maguuma Jungle. But Lake Doric? It’s right by Divinity’s Reach. And Bitterfrost Frontier, that’s in the Shiverpeaks. Why do they use Heart of Thorns exp/masteries?

The only guess I have is maybe if you didn’t buy Heart of Thorns, you can’t play LS3? But if that’s the case, is there to be no further development of Central Tyrian masteries, or new ways to receive Central Tyrian mastery points?

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Probably not. Likely, each expansion will have its own set of Masteries. At least, that’s what many speculate.

That, or the Devs will re-organize how Masteries work with the next expansion. Though, they used HoT to set up Masteries; I’m thinking they will keep them as they are.

Good luck.

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It bothers me too. I think they just clasiffy the maps according to the seasons/expacs, and not geographically. It make sense from a money point of view, although for a player point of view is rather weird.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

They seem inconsistent with what things are where for various purposes. For example, if a daily is a ‘heart of maguuma’ vista I can just use my ember bay scroll and run forward. However the other week I was mining in doric and hit the ‘kyrta miner’ daily.

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

I think it’s simply because that content is gated behind HOT, so it’s the logical place to expand on it – especially since the masteries in HOT are directly relevant here, whereas the core tyria masteries are more QOL focused around existing content.

You’re right, geographically it doesn’t make sense, but if you look at it from the standpoint that Lake Doric is HOT content (which it is, you can’t play it without HOT) then it makes sense. For the next expansion, they’ll do the same thing with the next set of masteries (and they’ll give away base + HOT, with it, but episodes will remain unlocked unless people had logged in at the time).

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’d love it if they gave central tyria points, but alas. Besides technicalities, they’re basically “HoT” points.

It’s still a good thing for those people who have trouble maxing their maguuma masteries though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

LS3 and masteries

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

I’d love it if they gave central tyria points, but alas. Besides technicalities, they’re basically “HoT” points.

It’s still a good thing for those people who have trouble maxing their maguuma masteries though.

This is what I used them for. After finishing off the Ancient Magics line, I used the extra points to finish off the Maguuma Masteries. I had finished off my Core Tyria masteries long before.