LW Survey

LW Survey

in Living World

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I created a Living World survey so that we can have a more quantifiable assessment of what the community thinks (I hope this works):

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JJ7C32L

The survey consists of one question with five multiple-choice options. There is also one optional “other” text box where you can provide other comments. The survey should take you no more than 30 seconds to complete.

I will post the results at some point.

Edit: Here are the results as of 11/12/2013:

Graph

(edited by pdg.8462)

LW Survey

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

You might want to post some details, like how many questions it is and how long it will take. I clicked on it, but changed my mind after seeing there was no indication of how long it is.

Also, while surveys are interesting, keep in mind their limits, too, like bias. For example, people who feel strongly one way or the other about it are more likely to complete it, the forum (and the subset of people who take the survey) are not necessarily representative of the player population as a whole, etc. You might get quantifiable results, but be careful how you present the ones you get. Surveys and polling are relatively easy to manipulate, both to get the results you want and to present the results you get in a favorable light, so be aware of what you’re doing every step of the way.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

LW Survey

in Living World

pdg.8462

You might want to post some details, like how many questions it is and how long it will take. I clicked on it, but changed my mind after seeing there was no indication of how long it is.

Also, while surveys are interesting, keep in mind their limits, too, like bias. For example, people who feel strongly one way or the other about it are more likely to complete it, the forum (and the subset of people who take the survey) are not necessarily representative of the player population as a whole, etc. You might get quantifiable results, but be careful how you present the ones you get. Surveys and polling are relatively easy to manipulate, both to get the results you want and to present the results you get in a favorable light, so be aware of what you’re doing every step of the way.

Done. Thank you. Good suggestion.

LW Survey

in Living World

pdg.8462

Only 42 responses so far. Come on people; make your voices heard.

LW Survey

in Living World

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

This is very charitable of you to do. The only problem is that most people who roam the forums are people who are angry with the living story. Nonetheless I took the survey and hope it can help.

LW Survey

in Living World

pdg.8462

You are probably correct. Consider it a survey of what the angry people think they want. Although there is an option for the happy people – “LW is fine as-is”.

LW Survey

in Living World

pdg.8462

I posted the results by adding a link to the graph to the initial post in this topic thread. So this post serves to just “bump” this topic to the top of the list to grab the attention of those who are interested.