Laurel season 1 rewards?

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: peeterske.9134

peeterske.9134

I am looking forward to Halloween and maybe wanted to get a look for it going. I noticed the wings of the sunless and realised it was a part of LS S1 so i went to the laurel vendor and it was not there? why is this not here with some other things like the shatterer wings and the other skins/consumables are? it seems unfair :/ i would pay alot of laurels/gold for it

(edited by peeterske.9134)

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It was not part of LS1, it was part of a stand-alone (as of now) update.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

peeterske.9134

was it? it was in the middle of season 1 though. so Halloween (mini candy corn elemental) is not stand alone? also the shattered wings are not being sold either, those were from dragonbash. I don’t see a reason to not add those 2 back item skins to the laurel vendor

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Holidays are treated separate from the Living World seasons. Wintersday, Halloween, Dragon Bash, Crown Pavilion, Labyrinthine Cliffs are all counted as “holidays” rather than part of the Living World.

If we’re lucky, ArenaNet will realize folks want the old skins returned and will make them available in the subsequent like-holidays.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

peeterske.9134

yeah I hope so.. just stupid how some events have some of the skins at the vendor. dragon helm from dragonbash for example, thats being sold for laurels/gold.. but not the shattered wings? even though that was from the same event. (and I bet more people want the wings then the helmet)

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I assume they’re only offering some of the rewards via the laurel vendor as a compromise between keeping event rewards exclusive and making their skins accessible. While I don’t care tremendously about my own gear being super rare and exclusive, that idea does have a lot of appeal for some people, especially if they thought the events would never be obtainable again, and made a big effort to get them during the event.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

peeterske.9134

yeah like me.. i had that fused gauntlet from the first living story ever thought it was super cool that I had such an item.. then boom its for little price in the game again.. while the skins that came later on, where i didn’t care much about are now unobtainable.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

Personally, I don’t believe in having exclusive items in the game for only a select number of people unless it’s for a really special occasion, like the game’s anniversary or a special promotion. I’m astonished why ArenaNet would release the other skins and items but not all of them on to the laurel vendor. There’s a few skins that I had gotten in the past but deleted that I would love to have again (since I did earn them the first time), but unfortunately they’re not on the laurel vendor right now.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

The wings were from Teq Rising. Not Dragon Bash. If I remember correctly. I could be wrong.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s three wings: Wings of the Sunless from Tequatl Rising, and the two holographic wings. The Holographic Dragon Wing Cover can be obtained from Sonder the Seller still, though the only way to get Zhaitaffy for it is via the TP. However, the Holographic Shattered Wing Cover is not available at all, despite the fact it was an achievement reward – similarly, the Winds of the Sunless is unobtainable now, despite the fact it was an achievement reward. Reason I say “despite” is because ArenaNet said during Festival of the Four Winds’ preview that any achievement skin would become available again, and what’s available at the laurel merchant is what became available from the vendors during the Festival of the Four Winds.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You’re confusing festivals with living story. Only the LS rewards are at the vendor, not the rewards from the various festivals which are time-limited.

Boss week was also not technically a part of LS besides Rox.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Boss week was also not technically a part of LS besides Rox.

I’d like to see a citation for that, given that I only recall seeing statements that there was a story reason behind Tequatl’s increased power. Also, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boss_Week

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

isnt one of the dragon bash wings a drop from dragon coffers and the other a thing you buy with jorbreakers? that being the case those were not season 1 rewards they were items available at that time. In fact you could still buy dragon coffers and zhaitaffy on the trading post and the vendor is there for them.

I count myself lucky I managed to get both the wings during the event though because i think it would end up being quite expensive

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

The shattered wings were achievement rewards and are currently not available. The holographic dragon wings are available on the TP and from Sonder.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

was it? it was in the middle of season 1 though. so Halloween (mini candy corn elemental) is not stand alone? also the shattered wings are not being sold either, those were from dragonbash. I don’t see a reason to not add those 2 back item skins to the laurel vendor

was a boss reward. Boss week. Wasn’t part of the Living story.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

yeah what this guy said

Are you Shpongled?

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

If the teq wings weren’t part of the LS and there was one of the DE 2.0 there, then why is the candy corn node there when all it was was a Halloween thing? Seems to me the Boss week would be more part of the LS than Halloween.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I don’t think they should bring them back.

Old skins are like that concert T-shirt you got back in the 80’s. They remind you of what you’ve done. It’d be dumb if they still made them.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

How would that affect you? It’s just a physical memento of the event, like a photograph. If a company decided to re-print the T-shirt, or if somebody made a digital scan of your photograph and then prints more copies of it, or if another original attendee decides to sell his T-shirt to a younger fan who wasn’t there, does that suddenly mean that your attending the event is now invalid or worthless? No, of course not. You still have your memories and the knowledge that you were there.

I really don’t get the objections some people have to old items coming back.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I would like the Teq wings back because I was at the event and recieved them but due to a bug they got deleted from my bank. I did send a ticket and was told it was against their policy to return the item so it returning is the only way i can receive them.

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I always thought that I would enjoy having items that people couldn’t get anymore, but that was ruined for me when the wardrobe came out and I had deleted some items such as the desert rose and the non shattered holo wings. or the sun catcher. and the zephyrite backpack. sigh

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

peeterske.9134

yeah what this guy said

alot of you are telling me this, but my question then is.. the dragon horn helmet skins are at the laurel vendor, it was a festival, and the item was earned through achievements. the shattered wings, from THE SAME FESTIVAL, earned by achievements ASWELL and they are not available, seems unfair to me (same thing goes with some other items that are not at the vendor)

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Let’s not forget Mad Memmories/complet is also unobtainable. And to be fair, something’s should be. They are like badges of honour, to show you where there when. Just like the HoM skins.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Laurel season 1 rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Anyone that thinks their special snowflake “exclusive” item they got during a Festival is not coming back is in for bitter disappointment when it eventually does. Bottom line is that Anet has NEVER implied or stated that ANY items obtained from past content will never be available again. THAT is the only thing you can count on for certain (that they COULD be made available again).

Enjoy your “special” feeling while it lasts but be prepared for the possible letdown.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)