Lazarus is... Arachnia?

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

Posted by: armaduras.8972

armaduras.8972

Well, I am hoping it’s Palawa Joko and his Thralls. I’m really hoping that it’s NOT Balthazar. Wouldn’t mind if it was Dhuum..

However, in GW1 they never implemented Arachnia into the game, and I was hoping that they didn’t just abandon her all together like the Utopia Storyline. Arachnia is older than all the other gods and her fate was never disclosed.. and she is the God of the Insectoid Beings.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Arachnia

Feel the Flames of Balthazar; Bask in the ever-presence of his glory!
Gilded Grimoire[MAGI]. Casual Guild www.gw2magi.com

(edited by armaduras.8972)

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Her very canonicity is in question (from a recent topic posted in the lore forums), so we don’t even know if she exists within the GW universe.

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

armaduras.8972

She exists since the Landmarks for her exist. They do say she is ‘dead’ on the Arachnia Plateau part of the wiki… however, if no one absorbed her power and with the way that Guild Wars lore goes, she’s probably not dead.

Part of me wants it to be her, just because of the Chak. All hail Dhuum, Emperor of Oblivion; The Ender of All; the Omega Death.

(edited by armaduras.8972)

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

castlemanic.3198

She exists since the Landmarks for her exist. They do say she is ‘dead’ on the Arachnia Plateau part of the wiki… however, if no one absorbed her power and with the way that Guild Wars lore goes, she’s probably not dead.

Part of me wants it to be her, just because of the Chak. All hail Dhuum, Emperor of Oblivion; The Ender of All; the Omega Death.

But that’s the thing, if you look at her wiki you’ll notice she’s under the “not implemented content”, even though she has landmarks named after her, that’s only after data mining information from the game, so you can’t even witness it in game.

Therefore, Arachnia is not confirmed to even be a part of the Guild Wars universe. Her existence is objectively questionable. This was covered in the lore forums.

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

armaduras.8972

Pssh posh cabosh

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

castlemanic.3198

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it any less true.

It doesn’t mean Arachnia will never make it in game, there is room for her, but it just means we don’t have any confirmation of her exiwting in the first place.

Lazarus is... Arachnia?

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

As was discussed in another topic, we know Abaddon deposed another god, but the concept of Arachnia is honestly called into question. All data and mentions revolving around Arachnia are limited to datamined content, no longer part of the game. As a result, we cannot consider them canon if there is no way to learn about this “god” without digging into the files.