Less stand alone explorables

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

While I’ve enjoyed a lot of the new Living Story content, it is a shame that we are constantly seeing these stand alone islands that can only be visited by ship.

Please make future explorables a part of the rest of the world. Attach them to adjacent explorables, so the world feels larger. There’s a lot of open spaces on the map that could use some filling. Rather than picking some random spot on the map that isn’t connected to anything, just expand Tyria by connecting it to the rest.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

While it would be nice to have a more cohesive world, perhaps they have plans to connect these locations to other places. I’d like an undersea zone between LA and SSC, and the Labyrinthine Cliffs seem to abut the Crystal Desert.

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I agree Queen that the random map from this update caught me off guard, not sure why it was put there. I did read that this location would be explorable again sometime in the future? Maybe they plan on expanding on that region?

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I agree, I’d like it added to the available landmass instead of the way it was handled.

At the core, this is again the request for more permanent and less temporary content. Imo, a storyline needs AT LEAST 50% permanent additions.

What exactly is permanent from the Bazaar chapter? The mini-game (good so far) and the quartz node and respective recipes. Am I missing something? I sure hope I am cuz that isnt much.

What’s permanent from Sky pirates? A jumping puzzle (again, good) and a scavenger hunt in LA, and … drawing a blank.

Now I am at work and not thinking about every detail so I probably missed some additions, but I think the big works of each patch should if possible be permanent. For Sky pirates that would be AR, for Bazaar that would at least be zone itself since the airship departs per the story. They could have left the zone in and just thrown in some vistas and only a few npcs that tell about the last time the zephyrites did trade there, maybe a skill challenge and DEs. It would be some lasting mark at least.

hopefully the upcoming chapter with the election has more permanent stuff to it.

in Living World

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Agree, exploring is one thing I really enjoy in the game.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“Constantly seeing these stand alone islands”?

Now correct me if I am wrong but the only two living story parts that have been far away/accessible only by ship is Southsun and Bazaar. That is not even close to half the releases.

As for building it in areas more connected to the current ones: That would indeed be nice, but doing it for the sake of doing it rather than logical position is just silly.

The past Living Stories had not really made sense in completely new areas, since they are quite tightly bound to existing cities/areas.

I am sure they will add more and new areas that is connected to the existing ones, when it makes sense.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

“Constantly seeing these stand alone islands”?

Now correct me if I am wrong but the only two living story parts that have been far away/accessible only by ship is Southsun and Bazaar. That is not even close to half the releases.

You are correct, but I am noticing an alarming trend, due to the only new explorables that were added beings islands.

As for building it in areas more connected to the current ones: That would indeed be nice, but doing it for the sake of doing it rather than logical position is just silly.

Well lets be honest, they could have placed a giant airship anywhere on the world. And Southsun Cove is even adjacent to several explorables, yet they didn’t connect it to any of the land mass.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well lets be honest, they could have placed a giant airship anywhere on the world. And Southsun Cove is even adjacent to several explorables, yet they didn’t connect it to any of the land mass.

No, they couldn’t.
The airship seems to be close the size of Lions Arch. Just putting it somewhere not close to the coast would most likely not work.
It also makes sense from a game-play point of view, since they can now work with scaling without making it inconvenient to players.

Indeed, Southsun does indeed appear quite near other areas, but it is an island (a volcanic island no less) and it wouldn’t make much sense that these water dwelling creatures would turn up in mass on a random landmass connected to one of the other areas (because if they did, why didn’t we know about them before?)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

No, they couldn’t.
The airship seems to be close the size of Lions Arch. Just putting it somewhere not close to the coast would most likely not work.
It also makes sense from a game-play point of view, since they can now work with scaling without making it inconvenient to players.

Indeed, Southsun does indeed appear quite near other areas, but it is an island (a volcanic island no less) and it wouldn’t make much sense that these water dwelling creatures would turn up in mass on a random landmass connected to one of the other areas (because if they did, why didn’t we know about them before?)

It’s an airship. Yes, it’s big, but the sky isn’t exactly busy. It could still go pretty much anywhere. The Labyrinthine Cliffs are pretty though. And have you seen how close Southsun is to Caledon? You could swim there with very little effort. Also, I still don’t believe you’re insane or a queen Malafide. -Alxx the Annoying Asura

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Also, I still don’t believe you’re insane or a queen Malafide. -Alxx the Annoying Asura

Hahahahaha. Nice to see you here as well darling.

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I would personally just want big zones like the The Falls in original GW1 where you could just roam around and explore everything and find little out of the way places. Everything does not have to have a huge, epic, story or EPIC EVENTS tied to it! There’s a huge world out there with lots of lore, let us explore it!

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would personally just want big zones like the The Falls in original GW1 where you could just roam around and explore everything and find little out of the way places. Everything does not have to have a huge, epic, story or EPIC EVENTS tied to it! There’s a huge world out there with lots of lore, let us explore it!

There is a huge world out there. What’s stopping you from exploring it? Despite 1700+ hours in game, I regularly find things in the open world I have not seen.

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The most ridiculous part is that I’m gettting credit for Maguuman Veteran Kills when I kill the veterans in Labyrinthine Cliffs map…

One – Piken Square