Lets pretend Scarlet never happened....

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

I really hope this Krait update follows krait lore and is all about the prophets etc and goes deeper into that story. IF this turns out to be…. a scarlet did it because shes evil I quit. All I want is Guild Wars, not Random Carnival Story-time with arena net. Nothing bad can come from moving to coherent stories already in the guild wars universe.

in Living World

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

I thought my guild and I were the only ones who thought this…then I came on here and realized EVERYONE hates Scarlet.

A-freaking-men

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Living World

Sarathiel.6374

None of the new players know whats going on with the scarlet story… and all of the old players want GW lore and all our old stories to come back. The solution seems easy and obvious to me… I hope ANET comes off their high horse and gives in.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I thought my guild and I were the only ones who thought this…then I came on here and realized EVERYONE hates Scarlet.

A-freaking-men

Not everyone! -wave-

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Who’s ‘Scarlet’?

in Living World

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Exactly. I don’t know this ‘Scarlet’ you’re talking about. But it’s a dye variety, right?
Surely there has never been a ‘Scarlet’ in the living story, and never will be again.

(PLEASE ANET)

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I Pretented it then I teleported to a Zone and at the teleport that is AT THE ENTERANCE OF THE ZONE the “Legendary mob” Scarlet few hitted me then disappeared……

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Living World

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

If only it were that easy.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

After you beat Scarlet at the very apex of the Tower O’ Doom, you head home to see your kids, spinning your totem top on the table but forgetting about it in your happiness that the ordeal is finally over… or IS IT???

Oh yeah… BBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

(edited by Kaleban.9834)

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

all i want is that hair style, you can shoot her full of holes if you so like to.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You know I havent found scarlet that bad, but if it turns out that scarlet suddenly unites the krait and the nightmare court for her army, then it’s just starting to get a little silly.

The krait are not above using other races but they would never view one as an equal. With the story already presented, scarlet herself would never ally with the nightmare court, and I don’t think the nightmare court really care for the krait. So an alliance doesn’t seem like it could happen from any side.

On the other hand, having the krait and nightmare court fighting and then scarlet showing up and joining the fight as her own side, demonstrating exactly how powerful she is (If we’re supposed to actually be afraid of her) and that all forces in tyria don’t just bow down to scarlet’s evilness, that could prove a more interesting story.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

After you beat Scarlet at the very apex of the Tower O’ Doom, you head home to see your kids, spinning your totem top on the table but forgetting about it in your happiness that the ordeal is finally over… or IS IT???

Inception

Epic movie love it.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Living World

Sarathiel.6374

The krait realize they are Xenophobic and kill her on the spot. Then go about doing evil with their obelisk. crosses fingers

in Living World

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

At this rate Scarlet will become the next Kefka.

Attachments:

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I’m sick of Scarlet. GW1 lore was so exciting and serious. Now instead of expanding it, they destroyed this once fantastic world with childlish stories for kids…

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

At this rate Scarlet will become the next Kefka.

Kefka was an amazing villain. Even if you don’t like scarlet, don’t insult kefka

in Living World

Posted by: Julius.1547

Julius.1547

Who’s this remind you of…

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: ProSnipor.7450

ProSnipor.7450

I like the Scarlet living story. I made 250 gold during the 2 week long invasion LS

in Living World

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Who’s this remind you of…

Harley Quinn has depth, character developement, personality, strengths and flaws. Scarlet is a lazy writers wet dream. Syvlari don’t have pre-defined limits like all the other races, so having her go through ALL the colleges, excelling in everything and being the ultimate big kitten is just plain lazy. There’s no struggle for her, no flaw, no personality, and worse off she’s childish.

The whole TA bit was nothing but an annoyance listening to her schlip over “I’m the bestest and smartest ever! Look at me I caught Caithe! Caithe has a secret tee hee.” The whole bit with her saying “It’s so naughty” “It’s so eeevil” is like a brat kid holding his hand in front of your face going “I’m not touching youu”.

in Living World

Posted by: Julius.1547

Julius.1547

That was more my point…They’ve just been really lazy with character development. She’s some comic-book villain that they’ve tried to make like harley quinn or like that dark witch from harry potter (helena bonham carters character). Or like 1 of the lame bad guys from the old slapstick batman episodes starring adam west. It’s boring and lazy. There’s no motive behind anything she does.

If she’s behind the aetherblades, why did they attack the lionguard? Why did she attack the queens jubilee? Other than to have a last minute bad guy in the event. Why has she set up some base in TA? Why has she formed an allience with nightmare court and krait? How did that even happen? How is she connected to the steam creatures? How did she ally with the molten allience (who were all but defeated, I should add) I was half expecting her to ally with prince edric thorn. It’s not cohesive and feels like a time filler if I’m honest. Bad writing.

And oh yeah…her ‘background story’ where she’s passed all 3 major asuran colleges in less than 25 years of her entire race even existing. Um…I dont think so…You know what, I’m really glad there’s no subscription fee for this.

(edited by Julius.1547)