Ley Line Research Events too confusing

in Living World

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

I’ve been doing the event for about an hour, we keep failing because it’s too darn hard and confusing. There are too many of those runner golems, there are tons and tons of npcs with orange crosswords on top of their heads, there is no easy way to know what you need to prioritize in the sea of golems with icons, it scales really bad because if you get many players around it you get even more golems.

This is very frustrating, I think we should have clearer objectives and instructions on how to succeed this event, make different icon for the tiny runners, change how it scales so we don’t get a swarm of mobs with icons, please change this!

I do notice and appreciate that the leyline sparks are now available for all players and the other achievements are easier to complete.

Thanks for reading!

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I just wish they gave something other than mastery experience that I have no use for. Once you do it once to check it out there isn’t much of a point. I guess I could use the ap though.

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Looks like went overboard with the extra energy.

These events have not been scaling very well, producing inordinate amounts of elites and champions with way more health than they should have at that level range, but before people picked all energy, so enemies could not pick any energy at all.

Now there’s energy to spare, but people ignore the energy once they have their own achievements, and just do their usual ‘smash buttons and expect everyone else to do all the work’ thing. Which results in those elites and champions picking the energy and running to their side.

Examples of ways to help with this could be:

• Reducing the number of extra player energies after the initial spawns.
  • Giving the Consortium and the Priory a progress bar, like the bar the inquest has, so players see how it fills as they give energy.
  • Adjusting the scaling so there aren’t too many champions and elites,
  • Changing the golems you can stop with CC to be weaker vs CC like Rolling Devils and Bonebreakers, so their defiance bars do not scale too much and don’t become too hard to stop.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Follow an NPC, get to a location and deploy collector.
Kill all spawning mobs
Pick up personalized ley-energy balls and put in collector
Kill all spawning mobs

Rinse and repeat; there is nothing confusing or difficult about this event. Yes maybe if you try to solo it but so far all groups I’ve done it with never had an issue.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Terminal Gaijin.5426

Terminal Gaijin.5426

I don’t think it is confusing so much as it scales poorly. I do the event several times a day and most of them fail despite a large number of people focusing on taking out the golems. The complaint about getting the energy to turn in was valid but the fix has made it so that you can do from winning to a fail in a matter of seconds with very little understanding of what happened.

in Living World

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Now there’s energy to spare, but people ignore the energy once they have their own achievements, and just do their usual ‘smash buttons and expect everyone else to do all the work’ thing. Which results in those elites and champions picking the energy and running to their side.

Picking up energy doesn’t prevent the golems from picking it up, since even if it’s gone on your end, it’s still there on one of the other players’ since the patch. So even if you do grab it, the golems can take it anyway.

Other than that, killing even the basic golems quickly requires three people at minimum. Then there’s the health tank golems which a single player is unable to even dent. On top of that, there’s the quick golem that is completely unstoppable since it has as much health as the basic golems.

The only viable strategy is to kill, but the golems simply have too much health to succeed in doing that.

I’ve heard talk of CC to stop them, but I’m a daredevil. What is this “crowd control” you speak of?

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

(edited by ESKan.6782)

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve also mostly done the events on a DD, ESKan. No, as built I don’t have much CC but I do scatter caltrops on dodge, I can dodge a lot, and that cripples the mobs so others have more time to beat them up. Staff 3 also is a single-target CC, as is the DD elite.

No one’s going to solo these events. Just do your bit and hope everyone else does theirs. I think I did see one successful Thwart post-patch. I’m not sure, as I actually got that on my very first event pre-patch without even knowing it was an achieve (yes, I feel quite fortunate). But I think Map was full of happy comments on it.

in Living World

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

After failing the event a couple more times, the largest problem in my opinion is that there is no indicator of which ley energies are targetable by the golems and which aren’t. This makes running some energies completely pointless because another player picked it up already.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Living World

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

If you want a successful ley-line event, open LFG and join a commander. I did it yesterday and got 3 events in a row

in Living World

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

I came here to see if anyone else was having this problem. I have been at this for a week now and succeeded once. The events are not designed very well or they broke the design when they made the ley drops exist for all possible players. Whatever the case may be it appears that even organized groups killing the golems fail regularly at this. I’ll try checking LFG to see if that helps optimize the chance of success through organized gathering. I have to say that there is no reason such simple content should require that. Events such as these should be able to succeed with a small group of 5 or less as long as they all don’t do stupid stuff.